Jump to content

Kmcalpin

2018'19 Game 20: Kilmarnock (H) Wednesday 26th December 2018

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Rumour has it he is off to Exeter  bye bye 

I heard torquay but same general direction, wonder if we could do a BOGOF with main ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, smiddy said:

I heard torquay but same general direction, wonder if we could do a BOGOF with main ??

Why not two free send Dangerous Dan as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Why not two free send Dangerous Dan as well 

to be replaced by ????? , I think johnstone could be  a striker if he is paired up properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn't good but the game had something about it, slightly more interesting than recent games, maybe building to something on Saturday?  Let's hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back.  Ironically a much better overall performance than StM game.  With the forced players on pitch we had to start to pass the ball occasionally.  ATS looks much better when trying to pas and move rather than just launching it.  Similar with Gorrin, Bigi, Campbell.  and Frear

The continuing liability that is Carl McHugh would have a straight red for the appalling challenge on Dunne has he been a Killie player.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, smiddy said:

to be replaced by ????? , I think johnstone could be  a striker if he is paired up properly

Yer still drunk ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ropy said:

It wasn't good but the game had something about it, slightly more interesting than recent games, maybe building to something on Saturday?  Let's hope.

Mate your easily pleased 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, smiddy said:

to be replaced by ????? , I think johnstone could be  a striker if he is paired up properly

Replaced by an empty shirt nobody will know the difference 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that is a detached retina for Mbulu it could be a career ender.  Medical recommendation would be not to head the ball.  Wouldn’t have been an issue if it was one of our strikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to know where to start with that today.

Firstly, the level of application was much better today. You cant fault the team for effort.

I wasnt sure about the starting selection but it was good to see Tait back on the right and Frear getting an outing from the start with some actual defenders behind him. Unfortunately we never got to see whether it would work because of the injuries.

I dont think Ive ever seen 4 head knocks in such a short space of time. The McHugh/Dunne collison was a sickener. Hopefully both will make a quick recovery.

Not much in the first half. Thought we had more possession but Killie made the better chances. The goal however, was just one of those freak crosses that flew in the top corner.

2nd half continued in the same vain. Lots of huff and puff from us with Killie happy to sit in and play us on the break knowing they had the quality to hurt us when they did. We rode our luck a bit and could have been further behind had they converted their chances.

Thought we had a good shout for a pen when Bigi appeared to get cleaned out in the box. He should also have converted our best chance of the game near the end when he put his laces through it when a sclaff into the ground would probably have done the trick.

No real complaints about the sending off although I do feel some sympathy for Main who just lost the plot after a series of incredibly inconsistent decisions from the referee. Thought he could easily have sent off Gregg Stewart for an earlier incident in the box.

Overall a very frustrating game. Hamilton is now massive.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, smiddy said:

to be replaced by ????? , I think johnstone could be  a striker if he is paired up properly

Johnstone is currently our best option up front,as for the other three,you couldn't make a player out of all of them,we really need to be getting at least two of them out the door in January.like you,i think johnstone could do well when playing beside somebody thats half decent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Hard to know where to start with that today.

Firstly, the level of application was much better today. You cant fault the team for effort.

I wasnt sure about the starting selection but it was good to see Tait back on the right and Frear getting an outing from the start with some actual defenders behind him. Unfortunately we never got to see whether it would work because of the injuries.

I dont think Ive ever seen 4 head knocks in such a short space of time. The McHugh/Dunne collison was a sickener. Hopefully both will make a quick recovery.

Not much in the first half. Thought we had more possession but Killie made the better chances. The goal however, was just one of those freak crosses that flew in the top corner.

2nd half continued in the same vain. Lots of huff and puff from us with Killie happy to sit in and play us on the break knowing they had the quality to hurt us when they did. We rode our luck a bit and could have been further behind had they converted their chances.

Thought we had a good shout for a pen when Bigi appeared to get cleaned out in the box. He should also have converted our best chance of the game near the end when he put his laces through it when a sclaff into the ground would probably have done the trick.

No real complaints about the sending off although I do feel some sympathy for Main who just lost the plot after a series of incredibly inconsistent decisions from the referee. Thought he could easily have sent off Gregg Stewart for an earlier incident in the box.

Overall a very frustrating game. Hamilton is now massive.

 

 

yip effort was ok but as has been said on here before, you cant polish a shite ,its still a shite , and I really don't want to be so negative but its been going on too long now, whats the answer ? I hope somebody in a higher place than me knows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smiddy said:

yip effort was ok but as has been said on here before, you cant polish a shite ,its still a shite , and I really don't want to be so negative but its been going on too long now, whats the answer ? I hope somebody in a higher place than me knows

Dont think the "Big Man" was on our side today. All those injuries? Pen decision? Sending off? I think he is in the huff with us for some reason! ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuned in around the 25 minute mark. Firstly hope all the boys who were injured today are okay, some really really nasty ones by the looks of it. Good to hear we started with something different and obviously really frustrating to have no subs in the 2nd half but we coped fairly well with it. I thought Grimshaw and ATS did well, as did Bigi. I would like to see Frear given a run of games with ATS behind him as, despite his final ball being poor, he was creative and probably our most dangerous player. Grimshaw had a few marauding runs and overall the effort and application was there for all to see.

 

Not sure what the double booking was for for the sending off. Main was naive at best and downright fucking idiotic at worst to lift his hands, although Stewart should be ashamed of himself for his reaction. I feel for Main, he runs his heart out and he probably came up here with the mindset of putting himself in the shop window with a view to a Championship/top League One club coming in for him around about now. He started off well but this season it just isn't happening for him. He is much better than Bowman and Sammon so I am happy enough for us to stick with him for now.

 

I think we'll steer well clear of relegation this year, and hopefully we can clear out some of the dead wood and recruit a bit better than we did the summer just past. I still have faith in Robinson, but we must recruit better. Big game against Hamilton coming up this weekend!

 

Edit - once again those two on the commentary were an  utter cringefest. Their levels of bias make CelticTV look good. Get them to fuck ASAP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

 I would like to see Frear given a run of games with ATS behind him as, despite his final ball being poor, he was creative and probably our most dangerous player.

He's an absolute bog standard Bottom 6, fringe level wide player but he IS a wide player.

Playing him at least gives you an option we don't normally have.  Not that I think Frear is a great player, see above, but I have said at various times I think we play better as a team with him starting matches.

If we can bring in more/better wide players during the window, great, but at present, if you want to give us some width he's really the only option.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the commentators would just cut out the ref stuff they’d be fine. You’re going to get claret and amber tinted version of events, but it’s the constant “c’mon ref” nonsense that puts me off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fizoxy said:

If the commentators would just cut out the ref stuff they’d be fine. You’re going to get claret and amber tinted version of events, but it’s the constant “c’mon ref” nonsense that puts me off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yip actually turned the sound off in the 2nd half

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

No real complaints about the sending off although I do feel some sympathy for Main who just lost the plot after a series of incredibly inconsistent decisions from the referee. Thought he could easily have sent off Gregg Stewart for an earlier incident in the box.

Very true. Had Stewart been red carded (correctly) then it would have a very different game. Ref was shockingly inconsistent and given the niggly bad tempered nature of the game a red card for one of our players was always likely

All that said we were poor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

due to lot of unforseen circumstances in recent games our starting 11 is changed every week. we are not great but i honestly dont think we are that far off. our midfield looked weak today and we have no threat. as robinson has daid a couple of wide players would change our options immensely. grimshaw was gd when on and i thought tait done great at cb. i was also glad fans showed appreciation at end as whilst we didnt deserve loads the team really dug in 2nd half.us well fans need to all stick together and the continuos moaning does no good. we could all be pep guardiola sometimes but theres a reason we are not. usually down to alcohol and more usually not knowing enough about football. lets dust ourselves down and have a great day and victory over there on saturday.COYW

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yodo said:

Mate your easily pleased 

Perhaps just a bit more balanced than yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Very true. Had Stewart been red carded (correctly) then it would have a very different game. Ref was shockingly inconsistent and given the niggly bad tempered nature of the game a red card for one of our players was always likely

All that said we were poor. 

He should have been, but I'm surprised even at the booking, because the Ref didn't actually see the incident and only reacted after the roar from the crowd. He was facing the other way, as happened with several missed decisions today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we did well today without creating any threat. Certainly much better than the previous showing against St. Mirren.  It would have been interesting to have seen how it would have worked with Frear sitting centrally just behind the front two, but with the early injuries any game plan was scuppered very early on.

Tait was excellent, Grimshaw provided a driving force pushing the team forward when the opportunity arose. The team as a whole gave it a go, even when at 10 men. However we have very little creativity so scoring is going to be very difficult regardless of who is up front. I don't know the stats for the game today, but I can't recall the Killie keeper having a save to make.

We have definitely lost the physical edge that we had last season. Killie aren't the first team to out-muscle us recently. They certainly looked faster, stronger and technically better, but until Motherwell were reduced to 10 men they didn't create anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We huffed and puffed, can't fault the team for effort but the fact is we're just not very good. Kilmarnock were nothing special on the day but I would have been tempted to leave at 1-0 if not for my lift. We were never going to score. As I said to my killie supporting mate - score and you'll beat us.

Unlucky with mbulu, but for mchugh and Dunne, why on earth are they both going for the same ball in the middle of the park under little to no killie pressure? Just watched it back and that is dunnes ball all day. Hope all 3 are ok of course and nothing more than a scare.

Stupidity from main to get sent off, didn't see the initial incident but hands to face afterwards gives the ref a decision to make. O donnell made a meal of it too but doesn't take away from the stupidity of the act.

As for the non regular starters it was good to see frear back though I suspect he'll be away in Jan. Thought ATS was not bad either and it allowed (for the first 25 mins at least) tait to move back to the right. That said he was different class in the middle - Mr reliable indeed.

Any reason Turnbull was missing or do we assume that he is leaving in Jan also?

Recruitment needs to be right this window or I do fear we could be in trouble second half of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×