2018'19 Game 21: Hamilton (A) Saturday 29th December 2018

Mintymac

This game gives me the fear.

Assuming that none of the injured guys are back (which they shouldn’t be), I could see us going with:

Gillespie
Tait Aldred maguire ATS
Grimshaw Campbell Turnbull frear
Sammon johnson

My worry is that with Tait’s performance as a makeshift center back we’ll shoehorn him into a back 3, put ATS and grimshaw on the wings, and add gorrin to the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Assuming that none of the injured guys are back (which they shouldn’t be), I could see us going with:

Gillespie
Tait Aldred maguire ATS
Sammon johnson

My worry is that with Tait’s performance as a makeshift center back we’ll shoehorn him into a back 3, put ATS and grimshaw on the wings, and add gorrin to the middle.

Your XI should 100% be the team, and I actually think we’d win the game with that line up, but I completely agree with your Tait/Gorrin point and expect that’s how we’ll line up on Saturday unfortunately. 

5 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Gillespie
Tait Aldred maguire ATS
Grimshaw Campbell Turnbull Frear
Sammon johnson

A reasonable line up but its based on a best case scenario.  We've heard nothing about Maguire's availablity and knowing our luck this season I'm concerned.  Turnbull must be rated rated very doubtful if he's had a virus.  If we assume Maguire is ok, and it is an assumption,  then I'd substitute Gorrin for Turnbull.  That would then give me a dilemma as I'm not keen to pick Campbell but the only realistic alternative seems to be Bigi, who I think has blown his chance and would cause us problems in a critical area.   Failing that either Livingston or Brown.

If we have any injuries on Saturday, which isn't impossible as Martin Canning is all too well aware, then we're in trouble.  I suspect though that Robbo will try to turn our injury woes into an advantage by keeping Canning (and us) guessing right up until the last minute.    

2 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

Might be a game for rose, or is he a no go given he's offski?

Ah I'd forgotten about him.  It depends I suppose on 1) Which club is currently paying his wages and 2) if there is anything in his contract about this situation. 

If its ok I'd have no qualms about playing him preferably in midfield but in central defence if needs be.

6 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Gillespie
Tait Aldred maguire ATS
Sammon johnson

I think that could well happen. Tait was so solid on Saturday he’s going to be very tempted to leave him there. I’n not fan if ATS in truth and think he’s one of the worst signings we made.

Thre is no way in hell Rose or Bowman play! With Main out it means Sammon / Johnson up front and hopefully a run from the bench for James Scott. Should be a back 4 but I also feel we will shoehorn Tait into a back 3 and Gorrin Cm.

Turnbull will probably still have his mystery "virus"  too so cant see him playing until the "virus" magically clears up when he joins his new team on monday. The 3 head knock guys are defo out so its certainly a squad down to the bare bones

Yeah, I have no doubt Turnbull has been laid low with a virus and the inclusion of Frear in the no.10 position was a late call.

If Turnbull is well enough to return, I’d be inclined to play him off just one of our misfiring strikers - I don’t know why we always play two when they are so ineffective. Behind Turnbull, we could have two banks of four with Tait and Grimshaw down the right, ATS and Frear down the left. 

Looking at what we have left to choose from I would go with a 4-4-2, Gillespie, Tait, Aldred, Hartley/McGuire (hopefully at least one of them will be fit enough), ATS, Grimshaw, Gorrin, Campbell, Turnbull if fit (Frear if not), Johnson, Sammon....Sad to say against the wee team, however I would take a draw now, given our injuries, form and points advantage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Why are folk suggesting Turnbull doesn't have a virus?

I have had it twice since 1st dec.

Probably just my suspicious nature lol. Apparently weve offered Turnbull 4 extensions,all of which have been turned down, talk of him leaving and then he suddenly contracts "a virus" meaning he cant play a week before the transfer window opens.

Same as Moult with his mystery injury that kept him out for 4 weeks last year before miraculously clearing up in time for his Preston medical. 

9 minutes ago, stevie_mfc said:

That said I’m hopeful we can sneak a win. It won’t be pretty, it never is against them on their kid on park but that might just suit us with the team we are likely to have playing. 

Yes, it won't be pretty.  Accies will be their usual self, so expect timewasting, gamesmanship and fouls aplenty.

11 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Hartley and sammon both starting tomorrow 

yaccies black centre has got speed and good close control,so I hope Hartley doesn't jump in baw deep and flatten him to either give away a pen or a free kick in a dangerous position, also I can live with salmon up front as long as we don't shell feckin cannon balls at head height for him, play it into his feet with his back to the goals and let him hold it up then bring other players into it ie johnstone or an attacking midfielder if we have one left