2018'19 Game 21: Hamilton (A) Saturday 29th December 2018

Mintymac

23 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Nobody doubted his ability, the concern was that we needed to replace the pace that we lost when Kipré left. That proved to be even more cruical when Dunne got injured. The goal we conceded today is a perfect example of our lack of pace at the back.

Has it really being a huge issue this season ? Take out the Rangers mauling and we have hardly been conceding  bucket loads. Many of the goals against us have been down to individual mistakes, Dunn who is our quickest defender one of the biggest culprits. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Has it really being a huge issue this season ? Take out the Rangers mauling and we have hardly been conceding  bucket loads. Many of the goals against us have been down to individual mistakes, Dunn who is our quickest defender one of the biggest culprits. 

We've kept 3 clean sheets in 20 league matches.

Even if you only concede 1 you still need to score 2 to win.

So I think it is a problem, especially since we are lacking creatively.

2 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

old football saying ,,,, you win 1-0 every week ,,,,,,,,, you win everything, just saying like 

12 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

How many of those down to a lack of pace and how many individual mistakes being my point. Last two home defeats had nothing to do with lack of pace as a starter, I could go on and give a good few further examples. Defence has not being a massive problem, scoring goals has.

Great result. Added to other results going our way and it stops the rot of recent weeks. We have been fortunate that the three teams below us are pretty dire.

Januarywill be interesting. If the players we have out injured return and a few others find their form, then we do not really need to bring in too many. A couple to add genuine quality and freshen things up will probably do. Seeing who leaves will be just as interesting.

Great 3 points when they were really needed. Well done to the team.

The January window will be interesting. We definitely need to add some creativity to the side. Goals coming from set plays today, it didn't look like we'd score from open play. Frear put in plenty of crosses, but we never looked likely to get on the end of them.

18 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I would be disappointed if he had knocked back a handshake, which he didn't...  imrie offered his hand and Campbell accepted 

Didn't see the hands touch but looked like Campbell brushed him aside.  Imrie playing the wee hard man as usual, wouldn't have disappointed me at all. 

Great result.

Decent performance. Not a great watch at times though.

Elliott Frear was my MOTM. Good to see the passion in the team at the end. Andy Rose put in a shift considering he could have just swanned about doing nothing anaw.

Funny angle on those highlights.

13 minutes ago, claretband said:

Think this was my first time seeing a game on astro in the flesh, and it wasn't as bad as I expected; didn't notice any wayward bobbles etc at all. Was surprised to see it getting watered at half time!

Still not a fan in general though but do Accies have a souped up version compared to some others?

All Astro gets watered to keep the ball moving slickly. It can get caught under your feet a lot if it is too dry. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

There looked to be more Motherwell fans at the game than Accies, their  support is just dwindling away, terrible given that was a derby game.

How long have you been attending games :D - been like that since the late 60's - perhaps slightly more even when they were at the original Douglas Park, but by and large we've always outnumbered them.

1 hour ago, claretband said:

Think this was my first time seeing a game on astro in the flesh, and it wasn't as bad as I expected; didn't notice any wayward bobbles etc at all. Was surprised to see it getting watered at half time!

Still not a fan in general though but do Accies have a souped up version compared to some others?

They installed a new one in the summer past - huge improvement over their last pitch and miles ahead of anything else artificial in Scotland at the moment. Watch a lot of games on it - niece plays for Accies Ladies - and it's night and day from the old one. Thought it played out like a grass pitch yesterday, very consistent and not the same fiery bounce of others past or present.

14 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

They installed a new one in the summer past - huge improvement over their last pitch and miles ahead of anything else artificial in Scotland at the moment. Watch a lot of games on it - niece plays for Accies Ladies - and it's night and day from the old one. Thought it played out like a grass pitch yesterday, very consistent and not the same fiery bounce of others past or present.

From another point of view - Having spoke to others, unanimous in their opinion it’s the worst surface they’ve played on and are used to playing on artificial grass most weeks. Many rating what I’d describe as an overused Braidhurst as playing better.

2 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

From another point of view - Having spoke to others, unanimous in their opinion it’s the worst surface they’ve played on and are used to playing on artificial grass most weeks. Many rating what I’d describe as an overused Braidhurst as playing better.

Great how opinions differ - haven't played on it and I'm unlikely to - waiting for a replacement hip :lol:. The players yesterday - particularly ours - certainly seemed more sure-footed and comfortable than in any of the previous games I've seen at that midden on their previous pitch. Don't think it was any co-incidence that Frear was able to comfortably move the ball at pace along the wing , safe in the knowledge that it wouldn't 'run away from him' which it most certainly would have previously. But as I say all about opinions