Jump to content

Mintymac

2018'19 Game 21: Hamilton (A) Saturday 29th December 2018

Recommended Posts

Great result with a much depleted squad. Dundee and St Mirren lose and we beat our local rivals to go seven points clear. Could we look back on this day when the dust settles on the season as the day we secured our top division status for another season. Too early to know but a huge step in the right direction. COYW!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result considering,big effort from everybody let's see who the window brings in McCormack sitting in the stand for definite . Three weeks to regroup and get our injured players back .The game was poor two bad lots but at least we got 3 points on to the SC with a wee lift 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Good result considering,big effort from everybody let's see who the window brings in McCormack sitting in the stand for definite . Three weeks to regroup and get our injured players back .The game was poor two bad lots but at least we got 3 points on to the SC with a wee lift 

Yodo that a positive post from you .....you still on the drink .

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's quite fitting that our best and most consistent player of 2018 scored both the goals today.

That wee cushion over the bottom three gives us some breathing space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result so can we all smile tonight and not have any moaning or I will be bringing out the bad jokes in triple measures.....lol....COYW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Performance was way better than recent displays, not to say that it was great, with us limiting Accies to counter attacks. The defense walked the second half, giving them nothing, and I thought Campbell had one of his better games of late. We kept the ball on the deck and tried to play (didn’t always come off, but was way more effective than the hoof ball).

Frear was brilliant for the whole game, really put a shift in and gave us that width we’ve been craving. His corners actually looked like troubling their defense.

The challenge on Tait was a bad one, and watching the stream it looked like he got snapped, he must just be really flexible God knows what happened to ATS but maybe he isn’t built for football.

Sammon and Johnson worked hard enough, but neither were able to generate a shot between them. They not did a good job of taking the ball in and holding it up and feeding the wide men though.

Tom Aldred has been nothing but solid and consistent since we signed him, I love him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deserved win with a much better second half performance.

Was noticeable that we actually kept the ball on the ground in the second half and Turnbull coming on gave us much more composure on the ball.  Frear gave us a ball down the left hand side and Campbell looked more like himself.

Accies didn't trouble us much in the second half but I'll still slightly concerned about us defensively.

Overall though a win and a decent performance to end the first half of the season.  We should not forget though that we have a lot of improvement work to do.  Hopefully the squad will get freshened up a bit and we get a some more quality in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result and everyone that matters lost. I would ask can we perhaps put the whole Robinson out thing to one side now and just look at things in the summer after we are safe ( and we will be). Not there today due to other commitments but given the injury list surely everyone is happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Performance was way better than recent displays, not to say that it was great, with us limiting Accies to counter attacks. The defense walked the second half, giving them nothing, and I thought Campbell had one of his better games of late. We kept the ball on the deck and tried to play (didn’t always come off, but was way more effective than the hoof ball).

Frear was brilliant for the whole game, really put a shift in and gave us that width we’ve been craving. His corners actually looked like troubling their defense.

The challenge on Tait was a bad one, and watching the stream it looked like he got snapped, he must just be really flexible emoji1.png God knows what happened to ATS but maybe he isn’t built for football.

Sammon and Johnson worked hard enough, but neither were able to generate a shot between them. They not did a good job of taking the ball in and holding it up and feeding the wide men though.

Tom Aldred has been nothing but solid and consistent since we signed him, I love him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure why anyone though he was anything other than a great signing when he came back. Ok not the quickest but he always puts a shift in and has been solid all season for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Not really sure why anyone though he was anything other than a great signing when he came back. Ok not the quickest but he always puts a shift in and has been solid all season for me.

Nobody doubted his ability, the concern was that we needed to replace the pace that we lost when Kipré left. That proved to be even more cruical when Dunne got injured. The goal we conceded today is a perfect example of our lack of pace at the back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×