2018'19 Game 21: Hamilton (A) Saturday 29th December 2018

Mintymac

20 hours ago, fizoxy said:

This game gives me the fear.

Assuming that none of the injured guys are back (which they shouldn’t be), I could see us going with:

Gillespie
Tait Aldred maguire ATS
Grimshaw Campbell Turnbull frear
Sammon johnson

My worry is that with Tait’s performance as a makeshift center back we’ll shoehorn him into a back 3, put ATS and grimshaw on the wings, and add gorrin to the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Hartley will be wheeled out over Maguire.  If Turnbull doesn't make it exchange with Bigirimana.

Other than that, pretty much.

10 hours ago, Shaka said:

Probably just my suspicious nature lol. Apparently weve offered Turnbull 4 extensions,all of which have been turned down, talk of him leaving and then he suddenly contracts "a virus" meaning he cant play a week before the transfer window opens.

Same as Moult with his mystery injury that kept him out for 4 weeks last year before miraculously clearing up in time for his Preston medical. 

Moult didnt play for a month after signing for preston as he was still coming back from his injury.

I think it was a hamy/calf injury?

We can't afford anymore injuries,if hartley isn't ready he shouldn't be risked on that shitey pitch but if he does play,he needs too keep the head as he's got previous in this fixture and you can be sure accies will be out to wind him up. 

22 hours ago, mfc88 said:

Might be a game for rose, or is he a no go given he's offski?

The MLS season doesn't start until March, so there's a possibility maybe? It's not as if they'd need him right away.

20 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Is the game likely to be on Motherwell TV?

Apparently so.

Our injury list is horrendous but we still need to find a way to get even a point today.

Defeat is unthinkable and 4 points from 24 in December absolutely pathetic.

I reckon it’ll be 1-0 Accies and some folk will continue to maintain it’s not that bad as we sleepwalk our way towards relegation.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, milo said:

Our injury list is horrendous but we still need to find a way to get even a point today.

Defeat is unthinkable and 4 points from 24 in December absolutely pathetic.

I reckon it’ll be 1-0 Accies and some folk will continue to maintain it’s not that bad as we sleepwalk our way towards relegation.

There is no way anyone can predict relegation at this point. Dundee, St Mirren, and Hamilton are all rank. Only the bottom club are automatically relegated and as you know the majority of teams that finish second bottom win the play offs. Yes it could happen but i’m pretty sure if I went on the forums of those other clubs there would be supporters predicting they were doomed, not everyone can go down. 

As you say the injury list is horrendous, we have a full team out that if put together could probably beat the one we will have playing today. As much as I know Robinson is not popular that has to be taken into account when judging results of late.

2 hours ago, David said:

The MLS season doesn't start until March, so there's a possibility maybe? It's not as if they'd need him right away.

Apparently so.

If they're paying his wages just now then they should have the final say.  If however, we're continuing to pay his wages then we are still his employer and have every right to call upon his services today. 

28 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

There is no way anyone can predict relegation at this point. Dundee, St Mirren, and Hamilton are all rank. Only the bottom club are automatically relegated and as you know the majority of teams that finish second bottom win the play offs. Yes it could happen but i’m pretty sure if I went on the forums of those other clubs there would be supporters predicting they were doomed, not everyone can go down. 

As you say the injury list is horrendous, we have a full team out that if put together could probably beat the one we will have playing today. As much as I know Robinson is not popular that has to be taken into account when judging results of late.

Dundee are releasing players left, right and centre so they are obviously going to strengthen during the break.  St. Mirren will do also, as a lot of the Stubbs duds drift away.

So the Dundee and St. Mirren teams could be radically different on the other side of the break.  

Will also be worth looking at our performance against Ross County in the Scottish Cup, as it looks like its going to be 2 from 3 in the Championship of which they are one of the challengers.

A win today keeps Robinson safe for another 3 or 4 week spell of fixtures but if we lose the pressure is going to be on again.  We started with 1 win in 8, form improved a bit with 3 wins but since then we are 1 win in 7 so if we fail to win today we've ended the first half of the season in as appalling form as we started it and Robinson can't really point to any improvement.

The lack of goals or even goal scoring chances created lately against fairly modest teams is worrying.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, milo said:

The injury list has to be considered today for sure as it’s absolutely horrendous but the vast majority of the players out today have been available all season and it’s the results leading up to today that have us in this mess, not what happens today. 

Hartley, Dunne, Carson, Cadden, Tanner, ATS, McHugh to name just a few have not been available all season.

10 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Dundee are releasing players left, right and centre so they are obviously going to strengthen during the break.  St. Mirren will do also, as a lot of the Stubbs duds drift away.

So the Dundee and St. Mirren teams could be radically different on the other side of the break.  

Will also be worth looking at our performance against Ross County in the Scottish Cup, as it looks like its going to be 2 from 3 in the Championship of which they are one of the challengers.

A win today keeps Robinson safe for another 3 or 4 week spell of fixtures but if we lose the pressure is going to be on again.  We started with 1 win in 8, form improved a bit with 3 wins but since then we are 1 win in 7 so if we fail to win today we've ended the first half of the season in as appalling form as we started it and Robinson can't really point to any improvement.

The lack of goals or even goal scoring chances created lately against fairly modest teams is worrying.

Oh it certainly is and we need strengthening for sure. Of course letting a lot go as Dundee are and replacing them does not automatically mean they will strengthen, that depends on the quality of the replacements and whether they fit in.

13 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Dundee and St Mirren will be paying up contracts to release these players so that will cost them big time.  But yes, they will strengthen as will Accies.  So, we don't just have to compete against them as they are but as they will be.  Agree that the Ross County will be a good barometer in a limited sense. 

21 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hartley, Dunne, Carson, Cadden, Tanner, ATS, McHugh to name just a few have not been available all season.

Indeed. They haven’t been available in every game all season, very few players are, but most have been involved for extended periods, Cadden and Carson in particular, and the results were largely atrocious even when they were. 

Lets forget about injuries , manager ,tactics etc etc and get right behind the team and try and help them out today .We are all well fans with different views but let’s be as one today . Need a big response so let’s forget  the negativity for a few hours at least  and  hopefully we can all celebrate at the end of the game . Then over the next few weeks we can hopefully get the team freshened up . COYW

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1