• Alex Rodriguez Gorrin
    • Curtis Main
    • Danny Johnson
    • Elliott Frear
    • Gael Bigirimana
    • Christian Mbulu
    • Liam Grimshaw
    • Null Vote

Frear looked promising on the occasions he was able to get on the ball. Mostly in the first half.

Grimshaw made some good forging runs in the 2nd half and generally put himself about.

MoM for me though by a country mile was Richard Tait. His performance at centre half after all the injuries was just immense. Won every header, every tackle and put his body on the line for the team. First class.

Richard Tait by a country mile.  IMO not just the best 'Well footballer yesterday but the best footballer, period. Always gives 100%.  Back to his best position at right back (admittedly through circumstances) and always looked better playing there in a back 4 on the very few occasions we have played with that formation. Why is he not the club captain?

18 hours ago, El Grew said:

Richard Tait by a country mile.  IMO not just the best 'Well footballer yesterday but the best footballer, period. Always gives 100%.  Back to his best position at right back (admittedly through circumstances) and always looked better playing there in a back 4 on the very few occasions we have played with that formation. Why is he not the club captain?

The choice of club captain in the summer was, for me, a huge mistake. While realising it's really a symbolic role, the fact that the role was given to a player who is all mouth with an inability to back it up kind of sums up our season...

3 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

The choice of club captain in the summer was, for me, a huge mistake. While realising it's really a symbolic role, the fact that the role was given to a player who is all mouth with an inability to back it up kind of sums up our season...

I think thats harsh. Hartleys performances last season before his injury were excellent. The fact that he had a bit of swagger only enhanced his popularity with the fans, so it was an easy choice to make.

Obviously his performances this season havent hit the same heights. That and his unfortunate outburst before the Rangers game have caused some to question whether it was a wise choice, but thats hindsight of the highest order.  I didnt hear anyone saying it was the wrong choice at the time.

That said, given Hartleys injury problems, Im more than happy for Richard Tait to wear the armband. He has earned it.

5 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I think thats harsh. Hartleys performances last season before his injury were excellent. The fact that he had a bit of swagger only enhanced his popularity with the fans, so it was an easy choice to make.

Obviously his performances this season havent hit the same heights. That and his unfortunate outburst before the Rangers game have caused some to question whether it was a wise choice, but thats hindsight of the highest order.  I didnt hear anyone saying it was the wrong choice at the time.

That said, given Hartleys injury problems, Im more than happy for Richard Tait to wear the armband. He has earned it.

He's become a modern day Kevin McBride.  Went from being a superb loanee to a permanent signing. Not long after suffered an injury from which it seems he's never quite fully recovered from.

5 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

There weren’t many complaints when Hartley was made captain in the summer?