retro kits

Neilwell86

3 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

Been looking online, finding retro Motherwell kits isn't exactly easy, Ebay is full off the kits dating back to the zoom airlines sponsorship which are by no means classics. Does anyone have anything they would be willing to part with from the 90's. 

Depends how much you're wanting to pay...

There are a few 90s shirts here: https://www.shirtsofexcellence.co.uk/shop/shop.php?page=2&pn=motherwell (there's a 94/95 away shirt there)

Also Classic Shirts though they're more 00s onwards https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/nsearch/?q=motherwell#?keywords=motherwell&search_return=all&sort_by_field=Oldest+Season

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

much appreciated, came across the second website but the first i hadn't seen yet. size wise, Medium/Large.

I've got loads from the 90's and 00's in a cupboard at my mums, I should be able to pick them up at some point tomorrow so i'll take pics and be in touch.

7 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

That Umbro kit is my all time favourite. I’m showing my age, it’s the one I wore whilst playing for motherwell boys club all those years ago.

Is that Aztec retro legit trader? 

I bought the Adidas one that is showing on the site a few years back. I’m sure at that time it was called Retro Shirt City. 

27 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

That Umbro kit is my all time favourite. I’m showing my age, it’s the one I wore whilst playing for motherwell boys club all those years ago.

Is that Aztec retro legit trader? 

They are legit to an extent as the kit is shipped from China where copyright laws appear to be pretty much ignored. I’ve heard of a few shipments that were stopped at customs, however, I’m not sure if they were confiscated. I bought the fake adidas one and the quality was fine. Although it took months and months to arrive. 

2 minutes ago, AndyRoss said:

That’s the one, took about six weeks to arrive if I remember rightly. Good quality, but quite small made.

I think mine may have taken longer (or it seemed like that). They can’t guarantee times, so you pays your money and you take your chance on when it will arrive. Sadly it’s not like ordering from JD sports. 

1 hour ago, Gadgey said:

I got the Adidas one on an eBay site a few years back. Perhaps the same trader.

I will keep checking the site and will definitely buy an Umbro one

https://aztecretro.com/search?q=Motherwell+

Is the Adidas one any good? 

I thought about investing in one of those at the time, but in the end didn't want to risk it.

9 hours ago, weeyin said:

I thought about investing in one of those at the time, but in the end didn't want to risk it.

The quality of the garment is superb. I have minor issues with the accuracy of the adidas branding and the MFC monogram but that is just my design OCD coming to the fore. 

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

The quality of the garment is superb. I have minor issues with the accuracy of the adidas branding and the MFC monogram but that is just my design OCD coming to the fore. 

Cheers everyone - (I suspect UBH would have minor issues with the original Adidas one too, right enough!)

19 hours ago, weeyin said:

Yes, I’ve had mine a couple of years and it continues to look good with no flaws.

the only problem is that it is a little on the slim side.......though it did fit me better when I bought it a couple of years ago. So maybe not the shirts fault.

21 hours ago, weeyin said:

Cheers everyone - (I suspect UBH would have minor issues with the original Adidas one too, right enough!)

Fair point! Even the shirts I’ve helped design there were minor issues that annoyed me.  :D
However, for the past year or so I’ve been in contact with the guy that runs the Aztec Retro shirts site so I’m hopeful of some news on the Motherwell shirt front in 2019. ;):ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1