retro kits

Neilwell86

Just now, weeyin said:

Of course, just about everybody looking at this will see a different colour thanks to the wonders of monitor calibration (or lack of).

Exactly, and that’s why you need to rely on officially registered colours. I’m shocked at how bright that Everton shirt looks for it’s age, perhaps it was a spare and didn’t get much use. 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Of course, just about everybody looking at this will see a different colour thanks to the wonders of monitor calibration (or lack of).

Its pink and grey, no? :P

• Haha 2

On 7/31/2019 at 6:56 PM, underboyleheating said:

I attempted to revive our classic hooped sleeve era in 2006. Time to pay it another visit at some point.

On 7/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, underboyleheating said:

I have a particular fondness for it myself. I originally designed it as a full hoop with past and present players names sublimated onto the claret hoop. But sadly those elements never made it onto the final top. 

Excuse my ignorance. I always just assumed you were a fan that liked messing about on photoshop, have you in the past been the person responsible for designing the kits?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, Stu92 said:

Excuse my ignorance. I always just assumed you were a fan that liked messing about on photoshop, have you in the past been the person responsible for designing the kits?

Correct I’m a long time fan who does graphic design and photography for a full time living. I have done this job for 35+ years.  However, I did win the 2006 design a Motherwell kit competition and my description was based on the original concept I submitted to the club for the competition. I was also involved in the production of the artwork for the Bukta made mid 1970’s white away retro top and provided historical advice on the shirt details to help make it as accurate as possible to the Admiral original. I was also commissioned to redraw the classic 60s/70s MFC monogram for our more recent retro 125 anniversary shirt. The monogram script is still being used occasionally on our kits and is something that I have championed on here for many years. I have also designed a few amateur kits in my spare time that have successfully gone into production. On a Motherwell related note I also provide the illustrations for the ‘Daft Laddie’ tee shirts produced by Well fan  Matt Johnstone.

Although not  involved with this seasons away top it is worth noting that it’s identical to a mock up that I created around a year and a half ago which I posted on here and on Twitter. The kit was a colour change that I suggested to a pre existing Macron shirt that I thought would look good converted to C&A. I can’t say whether my mock up inspired the powers that be to push ahead with that pre existing template, but I’m glad that I posted it as the finished shirt looks great in C&A. I even bought one at the weekend. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

Apologies for bumping my own post, but since this video I've nearly completed my mission to track down all the home jerseys from the last cup win in 1991 to present.

The only shirts that are proving impossible to track down are the amazing 1992 home and away kits by Hummel

1992-94 Motherwell Home Shirt *As New* XLImage result for motherwell 1992"

I realise this is probably a very long shot, but would any of you have either of these kits kicking about in a loft somehow going unloved that you'd be willing to part with?

I'm so close to completing the collection that it would be a real Christmas miracle if you were able to help. Thanks!

On 7/26/2019 at 11:47 AM, steelmansean said:

Hi there,

My name is Sean. You may have seen me on the video the club put out a few weeks back:

I'm new to the area and new to the club and have set myself the task of tracking down the Motherwell kits from 1991 onwards.

I'm documenting my progress over on Instagram if you want to give me a follow - https://www.instagram.com/steelmansean/

Always on the lookout for kits (especially the Hummel home & away and the black Pony away kit), so give us a shout if you are willing to part with any. Likewise, if there's any kit you are trying to track down yourselves, do let me know and I'll keep an eye out!

Thanks,
Sean 

6 hours ago, steelmansean said:

Hi there,

Apologies for bumping my own post, but since this video I've nearly completed my mission to track down all the home jerseys from the last cup win in 1991 to present.

The only shirts that are proving impossible to track down are the amazing 1992 home and away kits by Hummel

1992-94 Motherwell Home Shirt *As New* XLImage result for motherwell 1992"

I realise this is probably a very long shot, but would any of you have either of these kits kicking about in a loft somehow going unloved that you'd be willing to part with?

I'm so close to completing the collection that it would be a real Christmas miracle if you were able to help. Thanks!

Is this the one you are after, small stain on the front so could probably do with a wash, but you are welcome to have it for your collection. 

20191209_195230~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! I was wondering if any of could help me out! I've been trying my hardest to search around for one of the 1990-91 (or the year before) Admiral Ian Skelly Motherwell shirts and have had no such luck with adding it to my collection! Being a huge Motherwell fan from Australia, it is super difficult to track down any shirts - so I was wondering if anyone knew where I could purchase one or if anyone was willing to part ways with there's? 

Thanks so much

Doug :)

Shirt linked: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oldfootballshirts.com%2Fimg%2Fshirts%2F171%2Fthumbs%2Ffootball_shirt_2125_1_500x425x1.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.oldfootballshirts.com%2Fen%2Fteams%2Fm%2Fmotherwell%2Fold-motherwell-football-shirt-s2125.html&tbnid=JiP6qZm6gcDF8M&vet=12ahUKEwiHg5vCzqbyAhUbgEsFHfqLBo0QMygBegUIARD-AQ..i&docid=LcKx0IuOX8hJVM&w=500&h=425&q=motherwell 1991 kit&client=ms-android-samsung-gn-rev1&ved=2ahUKEwiHg5vCzqbyAhUbgEsFHfqLBo0QMygBegUIARD-AQ to

• 6 months later...