Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

What do u want him to say ? Fuk it we are having a hard time so im... off get another manager in. Remember its a full new team from last seasons shite. We played good stuff up to the celtic games and enforced changes ensued after the last one of those. Hes done well with the budget he had . This slump was expected at the START of the season til they settled in .Were we sayin that when we cuffed rangers and got to the final. Naw we thought we would give celik a good game .Oh and our main striker has been out for a good few games as well. Give the guy a fukin break. See what happens after the break and we are back to full strength in feb. Then u can panic or maybe not.

• Like 1

To lose Moult and Cadden to injury (our two most influential player in my opinion) has only compounded the problem. I don't think we can underestimate the effort that went into those games. Interestingly, Celtic have struggled (by their standards) since then too.

If we look at the year as a whole Robinson has done very well. He saved us from relegation and got us to a cup final. As it stands at this moment we are still only a few points off the top six. He deserves a chance.

Losing Moult is a huge blow but Robinson has brought in Fisher as cover and it's just not worked at all. Plan B doesn't seem to figure with Robinson at all.

Cadden for me has been poor under Robinson and if you ask me, all of Cadden's really good play for Motherwell was in McGhee teams. His initial 10 -15 games in the side and then the beginning of last season up until his injury. I'm not saying Cadden is the worst player in the team or anything like that but in my opinion he's not really done it in Robinson teams and certainly hasn't matched his personal best.

Secondly, Robinson got the job done last season but to say he 'saved' us is a bit much. When he took over we were 10th and with three matches to play we were 11th. If Hamilton Accies hadn't gone into free fall in the bottom six matches (lost 4, won 1), we would probably have been in the play offs. He won 4 out of his 12 matches and lost 3 out 5 in the bottom 6. He got the job done, fair enough, but it wasn't great.

Losing Moult is a huge blow but Robinson has brought in Fisher as cover and it's just not worked at all. Plan B doesn't seem to figure with Robinson at all.

Cadden for me has been poor under Robinson and if you ask me, all of Cadden's really good play for Motherwell was in McGhee teams. His initial 10 -15 games in the side and then the beginning of last season up until his injury. I'm not saying Cadden is the worst player in the team or anything like that but in my opinion he's not really done it in Robinson teams and certainly hasn't matched his personal best.

Secondly, Robinson got the job done last season but to say he 'saved' us is a bit much. When he took over we were 10th and with three matches to play we were 11th. If Hamilton Accies hadn't gone into free fall in the bottom six matches (lost 4, won 1), we would probably have been in the play offs. He won 4 out of his 12 matches and lost 3 out 5 in the bottom 6. He got the job done, fair enough, but it wasn't great.

To be fair to Cadden, he's been shipped all over the park and basically been a utility man. I think the original plan, based on the Betfred cup opening games, was for Cadden to play centrally ahead of McHugh/Bigi/Campbell etc. which he didn't look comfortable in and went missing for a few games. He's then played RWB, RB and RM since then without any consistency, which is always going to affect how he plays.

Edited by WhiskyDisregard

Some cunt is going to mention Jimmy Calderwood before the season is out, eh?

We've been shite in December. We've had a pile of injuries and haven't recovered from playing Celtic three times. Even talk of sacking Robinson is mental.

Given that they've both been injured again since, can you really say they were fit? Not to mention Frear was the best player on the park at Firhill.

They were distinctly average before any injuries. Cadden was off the boil before any injuries, to be fair other teams tumbled to him and set up to nullify him which has worked. Frears delivery totally undermines any impressive outfield play. His final ball is God awful

Talk of sacking the manager is utter nonsense IMO! We are currently 8th in the table, 1 win off the top 6. What do people honestly expect from the club! The early season league position was always a false position as we had a decent run of home games so we experienced the flip side of that this month with a number of away games. This is just what certain elements of our support have been waiting for, the I told you robbo was the wrong man brigade.

• Like 4

Talk of sacking the manager is utter nonsense IMO! We are currently 8th in the table, 1 win off the top 6. What do people honestly expect from the club! The early season league position was always a false position as we had a decent run of home games so we experienced the flip side of that this month with a number of away games. This is just what certain elements of our support have been waiting for, the I told you robbo was the wrong man brigade.

Had we been sitting where we are with a normal sprinkling of wins , losses and draws over all our games we would all probably be reasonably assured about the season. However its the scale and size of the pitiful run we are on that is making people concerned that they cant see an end to it not the fact that they think we should be pushing for european places.

Can we bring back HOD for this

Utter nonsense that theres even talk of his position being under threat, every team go through a run of games where they are poor. We are 3pts off top six which Id have taken at start of the season

If these defeats had been more spread out this season we wouldnt even be debating it

He will get the window and he will get until we are firmly in the mire at the bottom 2 so lets stop this shite chat and start backing the team

Any new player coming in needs our full backing, we really should be careful what we wish for

• Like 2

They were distinctly average before any injuries. Cadden was off the boil before any injuries, to be fair other teams tumbled to him and set up to nullify him which has worked. Frears delivery totally undermines any impressive outfield play. His final ball is God awful

Copied below from some guys who collect SPFL stats on twitter.

Scoring Chances are kicked shots from the heart of the box & kicked or headed shots from within the six yard box. The players who are consistently setting up teammates with these kinds of chances are the kinds of playmakers that change games.

Frear and Cadden are in the top 6 in the league.

Scott Allan, Dundee +0.90

Stuart Armstrong, Celtic +0.84

Ali Crawford, Hamilton +0.68

Daniel Candeias, Rangers +0.57

Elliot Frear, Motherwell +0.50

Chris Cadden, Motherwell +0.43

Cadden is also 2nd in the league for expected assists and 3rd for key passes.

I dont pretend to be an expert in the whole XG/XA stuff but do find it quite interesting and goes against your opinion of both players being distinctly average.

The above coupled with the loss of Moult who was the man converting these chances gives some context around our recent struggles to create and convert opportunities.

If we can get a replacement for moult, and Cadden, Frear and Tanner in the team I think well be fine. Any chat if sacking Robinson now is nuts.

Carson

Tait Kipre Hartley Dunne

Bigi Campbell

Cadden Tanner Frear

New Striker

SHOULD be enough to form the bones of a decent,comfortably top 8 team this year. Bigi and Frear can drop out for Rose or Grimshaw if we're in need of some more physicality.

Tbh I'm increasingly convinced there are no good left backs anymore. The fact we've been trying to replace Hammell for 5 years to no avail makes me think Charles Dunne is the best we're going to get.

Copied below from some guys who collect SPFL stats on twitter.

Scoring Chances are kicked shots from the heart of the box & kicked or headed shots from within the six yard box. The players who are consistently setting up teammates with these kinds of chances are the kinds of playmakers that change games.

Frear and Cadden are in the top 6 in the league.

Scott Allan, Dundee +0.90

Stuart Armstrong, Celtic +0.84

Ali Crawford, Hamilton +0.68

Daniel Candeias, Rangers +0.57

Elliot Frear, Motherwell +0.50

Chris Cadden, Motherwell +0.43

Cadden is also 2nd in the league for expected assists and 3rd for key passes.

I dont pretend to be an expert in the whole XG/XA stuff but do find it quite interesting and goes against your opinion of both players being distinctly average.

The above coupled with the loss of Moult who was the man converting these chances gives some context around our recent struggles to create and convert opportunities.

If we can get a replacement for moult, and Cadden, Frear and Tanner in the team I think well be fine. Any chat if sacking Robinson now is nuts.

With the greatest respect Ill trust my eyes rather than someones calculator.... I regularly look at BBC Scotland's stats during and after a game and frankly it can be quite bizarre what people count as shots on target , shots off target , possession etc.

Nonsense, for me, to suggest sacking the manager at this stage.

1 win is 10 is not good enough, no-one will argue with that. However, IMO, Robinson has got enough credit in the bank after his fantastic first quarter.

He appears to know what the issues in the team are. We now need to see if he has the ability to rectify them and bring in the required quality in the January window. I believe we need at least four. Centre half, left back, box to box midfielder and a no.9.

If we're sitting in March and we're on a run of winning 1 or 2 in 20, then a decision will need to be made.

A lot of people went overboard in the praise of Robinson back in October and I believe loads are going overboard in their criticism now.

I believe the manager should get, and deserves, the opportunity to try and fix the current poor run and mess. I'm looking forward to see what he does in January.

• Like 6

If we're sitting in March and we're on a run of winning 1 or 2 in 20, then a decision will need to be made.

If were sitting in March and on a run of 1 in 20 we will already be all but relegated!

I was not impressed at all when he got the job. I gave credit where it was due when he got us to the cup final, and rightly so! But the margins in this league are very fine and we have shown an alarming drip in form.

The thing is its not only form. We have lost the 1 player capable of actually scoring goals,have lost all shape and tactics , lost the drive and fight we had in buckets earlier in the season, and have shown that our "quality squad" is filled with utter shite. Robinsons signing record looks to be decidedly ropey too so im genuinely nervous to see what he brings in during Jan.

He makes some good signings and we will be fine. He fails to replace Moult adequately and we WILL be relegated!

Im not bothered about the cup tie anymore, although if we lose it, it will be the penultimate nail in his coffin.

Lose the Ross County game and I would get shot of him before the Hearts game.

The shit show that was December means there is now no wriggle room left and well need to act while we still have a fighting chance of staying up.

If we lose either of the next two games I think he's a goner as we have two trips to Edinburgh after that which we will be unlikely to pick anything up from.

Obviously he deserves a few more games but from what we have seen I don't think he has it in him to turn this round. Putting Fisher on the left wing yesterday proved he is completely devoid of ideas and our attacking play since he arrived has been terrible. Having a go at 'so called ball players' is out of order when there is no evidence that we actually have any particular tactics for creating chances other than get it forward and hope for the best.

Making comments about players in the press is always a sign that a manager is feeling the pressure and in Robinson's case it's a huge deflection. It's not the players who didn't sign a genuine left back. It's not the players who signed two strikers who haven't a goal between them. It's not the players who pick the wrong starting line up time and again. It's not the players who change the formation three times a game. It's not the players who fill the midfield with toilers then are surprised that we have to chase the game in the second half every single week.

He's due a few more games but much like McGhee after the 7-2 and McCall after Starjnan I think it's just a matter of time.

Should he be fired? There's a decision to be made and sometimes you have to be ruthless. Personally I'd give it a couple more games but if we lost the next two I don't think he'd have a leg to stand on.

He still has some credit in the bank for getting us to a cup final and doing well early on. The current run is disastrous but has been influenced by a very tough run of fixtures and injuries to key players. Hopefully the break will allow us to recharge batteries and get some fresh faces in. Its crucial that he does the business early on. The question for the Board is, if he doesn't improve when do we get rid? For me we would have to allow time to find a new manager/management team and give them time to turn things around. Like Milo I'd say we see first who is brought in next month and then decide after the Ross County game (15 games to go). Leave it much longer than that and there's no point in changing. If we can't beat Accies and Ross County then it doesn't matter what I think the fans will call time on him.