Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

Chat of Robinson out is ridiculous.

Probably indicative of the unbelievable fickleness of football fans.

Everything is either amazing or terrible and nothing in between.

In reality when everything was amazing before the cup final we were probably riding our luck at times getting the breaks at the right times, and getting results. Since the Celtic games weve not changed our style of play, but playing percentages we need some breaks and weve had none, decisions and injuries etc have conspired against us also. As many have acknowledged the margins in this league are so fine.

Stuart McCall managed 2-3 good years of just being marginally less shit than our opponents, and had a team with a sprinkling of quality, but a great knack of getting a break at the right time and stepping on from there. In his last full season we were horrendous to watch but strung a great run together and ended up 2nd thanks to a goal that would epitomise Robinsons style of play.

Losing Moult is a big blow which any manager would struggle with.

He will need to get in a good replacement, but hes signed enough decent players for me to think he can do the job. Id put his success rate at about 50/50 at the moment which isnt too bad given the size of overhaul and the market hes in.

And that's the case for keeping him on?

:lol:

Definitely not, just threw it in as a point of interest and to point out that results can gloss over your inadequacies.

Im not a massive fan of our style of play, but do agree with Robinson that you need to earn the right to play nice football and being fitter, stronger and working harder than your opponents is a good place to build from.

No the case for keeping him on is we had a complete overhaul in summer and at half way stage are 8th in league and have been to a cup final .We are going through bad patch no doubt about it but replacing manager because of that is ridiculous . If we were bottom may have different opinion but he has bought time with our early season results before injuries set in so imo he deserves chance to turn it around and Im sure he will .

• Like 4

The talk of Robinson getting the sack is ludicrous. Yeah we are in a bad run but how can the club progress if we keep changing management every season when they hit a bad run. Football is becoming more of a fucking joke with managers getting punted after a run of bad results without taking the whole season into context.

• Like 4

The interview with Tait, Hammel, and Rose suggests the players realise that they havent been playing well enough. Some of Robinsons selections have been questionable but it wasnt his fault Griffiths and McHugh sold goals at Thistle, Hartley vs Accies, midfield vs Dundee.

We could/should have had more points from recent games so my take is that its a bad run NOT a situation where manager has run out of ideas and lost the players.

We could/should have had more points from recent games so my take is that its a bad run NOT a situation where manager has run out of ideas and lost the players.

What games? We might have been good for a point at Kilmarnock but that's evened out by holding on against Dundee.

Every other game we have been well beat.

Despite the disastrous first half hour, I (and numerous Thistle fans) thought we deserved at least a draw at Firhill.

That's papering over the cracks though. In most seasons there is little between most teams and many games are pretty even with the result coming down to who manages to nick a goal rather than any great dominance.

Earlier this season we were better than that and we were deservedly winning games by being the better team. We've now regressed to the point where games against our relegation rivals are fairly even (at best) but we've lost our goal threat.

I'm happy to give Robinson another go in the hope he can revitalise a tired looking team and bring in a few new faces to see if he can replicate the early season form.

• Like 1

We werent well beaten by Partick. It was a couple of individual errors which gave them their lead. I dont think anyone who was there would say we didnt deserve a point never mind potentially win it if it wasnt for the gifted goals.

All ifs buts and maybes I appreciate and these small losing margins could get us relegated however I think the margins could just as easily go for us in coming games.

What games? We might have been good for a point at Kilmarnock but that's evened out by holding on against Dundee.

Every other game we have been well beat.

We weren't well beaten by Accies. Yes, they deserved to win but it was close and refereeing decisions played a big part.

• Like 2

We weren't well beaten by Accies. Yes, they deserved to win but it was close and refereeing decisions played a big part.

Refereeing decisions have cost Robinson and the team all season.

Rangers on opening day, St Johnstone and Hibs away, Celtic in the final and in the home league game and Accies last saturday have all been games which in my opinion were turned by dodgy refereeing decisions.

Robinson has been unlucky.

• Like 1

Rangers on opening day, St Johnstone and Hibs away, Celtic in the final and in the home league game and Accies last saturday have all been games which in my opinion were turned by dodgy refereeing decisions.

I do agree with all of that, add in some unclucky key injuries. But there is also a smidge of stubborn team selections and potentially the wrong tactics/games plans at times. Perfect storm of crap. Here's to a good 2018!

We've had 7 league wins this season and I'd say 2 of them were comprehensive wins - home to Partick and away to Aberdeen.

Ross County and Kilmarnock could both easily have been a couple of goals up at half time yet we won them with a second half goal and a late penalty in each case.

Hearts match I think was one of our better performances this season but it was a hard fought match, away to Hamilton was truly awful even though we won, wasn't at the midweek match at Dundee but Dundee had a goal disallowed which was soft in my opinion.

Draws against Hibs, Celtic and Dundee you can put down to 1) the genius of Moult, 2) an OG and 3) a penalty. Even in the cup semi final we were poor until a second string goalkeeper dropped a cross.

We've had injuries but I'm not sure he's been flat out unlucky.

Loosing the faith a bit with these 2 signings so far. But he's earned some time at least. Ciftci honestly

Lets see....i remember Gary Lineker saying Ranieri honestly? or something similar when he was appointed Leicester manager and having to eat his words. If it comes to it I am sure you will happily do so as well.

I think it is a huge punt for us and can see the potential upside.....will be a test of Robbo's man management skills thats for sure.

At least we are not commiting to long term contract and be honest who HASN'T fallen out with Derek Adams

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1