Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

6 hours ago, steelboy said:

Has a club ever sacked a manager then failed to get in a replacement? We go through this every time it's not down to fans to choose a new manager. When Robinson leaves the club will do what they always do and run an application process and there will be lots of applicants as always.

Then just to make sure we're getting an upgrade we show them a video of Petravicius and ask whether they would include him in a cup final squad.

To be fair Steelboy, that is a bit of a cop out and fairly obvious side step by stating the bleeding obvious. The club will of course go through the motions of a recruitment process and fans will of course speculate when the time comes.

We are in the here and now and whilst we have a manager in post, your response is merely a futile attempt at derision and in the eyes of many, will make you look a bit of a muppet. Yeh, you are one of the resident ner do wells but every forum needs one. That is your role but being a muppet is beneath you. You can do better.

To be clear, I’m not a Robbo must stay campaigner and he does indeed have some work to do. We have all however heard the phrase “be careful what you wish for”.

In compliance with your post, it is a natural train of thought for a rational thinker to think of reasonable alternatives when considering termination of the status quo.

Hence the question to Yodo (cheers for the answer) who has been a consistent “Robbo must go voice” and indeed to any other who has been intimating that Robbo’s time is either up or in grave jeopardy.

Yodo-other than his sudden and unexpected availability, is Sammon out the only reason for suggesting Kenny Miller?

• 1 month later...

Been a big Robbo fan and will never forget he took us to two cup finals but I am really starting to lose a bit of confidence in him.   The latest one being he thinks he should revert back to the long ball game.  I know it's a results business but the style of football he has brought is brutal to watch.  After last season and the money we brought into the club it was a big opportunity to improve the squad.   This hasn't happened but hopefully things will improve...COYW

7 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

The latest one being he thinks he should revert back to the long ball game.  I know it's a results business but the style of football he has brought is brutal to watch. 

I didn't quite see it that way.  Thought he was referring more to our energetic high pressing game? 

• Like 1

Been a big Robbo fan and will never forget he took us to two cup finals but I am really starting to lose a bit of confidence in him.   The latest one being he thinks he should revert back to the long ball game.  I know it's a results business but the style of football he has brought is brutal to watch.  After last season and the money we brought into the club it was a big opportunity to improve the squad.   This hasn't happened but hopefully things will improve...COYW
Grizzly you really should stop taking tabloid headlines as gospel and read exactly what he said

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

He didn't say anything about reverting back to the long ball game.

He said possession is no good unless you create quality chances and we had lacked quality in the past few games and failed to get sufficient crosses into the box. 

The long ball stuff was a journo making up a story. 

I agree, however, that the best way to do that  is to use our best  wide players as wingers instead of defenders. 

Just about the end for Robinson his results have been shocking especially at FP only thing that stopped him getting sack is his cup runs ,another couple of league defeats should be enough to see him away 
You sound as if you want us to get beat in the next few games?? You really are taking this to a whole new level.

I have bad news for you, even if we lose the next few games no way will Robbo be sacked and neither should he be.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 8:05 AM, steelboy said:

Has a club ever sacked a manager then failed to get in a replacement? We go through this every time it's not down to fans to choose a new manager. When Robinson leaves the club will do what they always do and run an application process and there will be lots of applicants as always.

Then just to make sure we're getting an upgrade we show them a video of Petravicius and ask whether they would include him in a cup final squad.

The newspaper headline is fantastic for those desperate to see Robinson go, pity it’s not actually an accurate reflection of what he said. Let’s be honest some have wanted him out for a long time and will use anything to push that agenda. Lots of money came into the club last season one way or another and yes a great opportunity to bring real quality into the squad but unless i’m missing something he appears to have been given only a fraction to strengthen, I take it the rest went towards paying off the debt ? As before if we start regularly losing games against clubs at our financial level fair enough questions to be asked, that’s only happened the one time this season in both league and cup against Hamilton and we should have won that. The other defeats were all close games against clubs far bigger than us. The style has changed which is what people were crying out for but it needs to be mixed with what we are good at which is what he was pointing out in the article.

St Mirren fans thought getting rid of a manager that had them to a cup final and a decent league position was a great idea, that really went well. Be careful what you wish for, it’s not always greener on that other side.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Clackscat said:

You sound as if you want us to get beat in the next few games?? You really are taking this to a whole new level.

I have bad news for you, even if we lose the next few games no way will Robbo be sacked and neither should he be.

Hope you read some of the opinions from the guys who were at the game tonight it seems I'm not the only one who thinks the manager is failing badly . I dont want us to get beat but come on when did you last see a decent game at FP and only one person to blame for that 

6 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Hope you read some of the opinions from the guys who were at the game tonight it seems I'm not the only one who thinks the manager is failing badly . I dont want us to get beat but come on when did you last see a decent game at FP and only one person to blame for that 

Motherwell v Rangers 26/8/2018

Was a fantastic game of football.

The man you blame was in charge.

• Like 1

2nd best again 2nite. No youth been given a chance and summer signings simply nowhere near good enough.

Donnelly looks like a poor mans Kevin Christie . Full backs/wings backs clearly instructed not to get tight to their man and let crosses come into the box .

2nd best all night and got what we deserved.

give Robbo time tho to sign more dross in another window and persist with long ball tactics and the rest of the team 40 yards behind the strikers - utter utter shite to follow 

It might be worth recollecting what Robinson's remit has been since he became Motherwell manager.

Both he and the club have stressed regularly that first and foremost it is to keep us in the top division, have decent Cup runs and ideally try to sell a player a season.

Given that he's retained top flight status twice, never failed to reach a Quarter Final whilst selling on three players no matter how little you rate Andy Rose or how basic you believe the style of football is, he's done the key things asked of him.

Not to say that will still be the case in six months but for now I can't see the club having any plans to move him on at the current time.

• Like 1

Is it 8 wins in our last 34 league games?  

7 wins this calender year, with 3 of those against Dundee and then St Johnstone, Partick, Ross County (both relegated) and Accies.  

The league stats make for pretty grim reading if I'm being honest.  Robbo must turn it around soon, but with no Cup run to take the focus off the abject league form then he will be under serious pressure if things don't show any signs of improvement by the end of October.

15 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

It might be worth recollecting what Robinson's remit has been since he became Motherwell manager.

Both he and the club have stressed regularly that first and foremost it is to keep us in the top division, have decent Cup runs and ideally try to sell a player a season.

Given that he's retained top flight status twice, never failed to reach a Quarter Final whilst selling on three players no matter how little you rate Andy Rose or how basic you believe the style of football is, he's done the key things asked of him.

Not to say that will still be the case in six months but for now I can't see the club having any plans to move him on at the current time.

Yep, he’s done exactly what he was signed to do while clubs with similar playing budgets, Thistle, Dundee United, Ross County, Inverness are now in the championship. The time to judge is the start of November after a run of games we should be picking up points from. If we are bottom two at that point the club will be under pressure to act but at this point not a chance which is as it should be.

• Like 1

Having never been a massive fan of Robinson, I wouldn’t be sorry to see him go.

His style of ‘football’ is atrocious to watch and I’m sure was part of the reason why, despite two cup runs, we never managed to capatalise by really building any significant growth to our support despite the finals of last season.

If I was swaying, I wouldn’t be ‘driven’ to watch this Motherwell Team - it’s pretty brutal most of the time.

He seems incapable of stringing a few good performances back to back.

As stated elsewhere, the signings have been bloody awful. I’m sorry, but Frear is just not up to the standard required, meanwhile we have a bench and squad outwith the first 11 pretty much dominated by low quality Robinson additions that bring absolutely nothing. Sammon, Donnelly, Gorrin, ATS, The eternally injured striker etc etc. the list goes on of sub quality players bloating a squad and contributing nothing. He has built a squad devoid of any real quality (outwith the goalkeeper) and given our own youth a back-seat, meanwhile is happy to chime on in the media about needing to bring in guys which aren’t the finished article. I’m sorry Mr Robinson, however you’ve been the architect of your own misery here by handing guys like Grimshaw and Rose contracts to Back-seat players like Turnbull who could’ve been playing alongside 1 quality midfielder whereby two salaries could’ve been combined to one, to allow us to bring in someone closer to the finished article. Same can be said strikers and defenders.

Ultimately, the squad isn’t laden with quality ,which is self evident at the moment, and the buck stops at Robinsons door for that. 

Yes, guys can put in effort, however that’s the absolute minimum that you should be guaranteed each week from paid professionals in any walk of life. What we’re lacking is talent and a manager who seems capable of really understanding that and working out ways of making is very difficult to beat until such times as that can be remedied.

• Like 1