Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

• 2 weeks later...

It may well be it for a few of us but I’d say there’s zero chance of him getting binned.

Many of us demanded 6 points from the St Mirren a Dundee games and we duly got it but the clock is still ticking.

Whilst none of us were realistically expecting to get anything today, it really shouldn’t be beyond us to keep it respectable as other teams have done. 

I certainly wouldn’t trust him with anymore funds in January based on the summer recruitment. 

December will make or break him. Not only can we not sustain any more capitulations like that, but we can’t also not pick up anything at all, regardless of how tough the fixtures are.

• Like 1

Burrows won’t get rid of Robbo and will hang onto him until the bitter end - getting rid would show his failings by appointing him via the back door in the first place and then giving him a blank cheque to squander the small amount of money the club and ultimately the well society had on utter dross over the summer . The squad is unbalanced and poor without a goal scorer or wide players . Other than dunne our defence can’t run .

Special mentions to Hartley and Aldred - love to talk a good game , talk themselves up as hard men and they go on the pitch and are slower than John Sutton and both are soft as shite. 

I still don’t think we will finish bottom and I accept we have no Devine right to be in the top 6 but I do expect as a supporter and a paying customer to watch professionals on the pitch and get entertained from time to time . That has happened this season and won’t under Robbo .

He’s a dinosaur when it comes to set up and tactics with his long ball punt and the players he has bought have simply been bought to follow that ethos .

Our support is small but loyal but it will dwindle if we need to put up with this guy for much longer .

• Like 2

Needs a big performance against Aberdeen to get the taste of that defeat out of my mouth.

The fixture list goes thus....

Aberdeen (H)

Livingston (A)

Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
St. Johnstone (A)

Celtic (A)

If we can't get points out of the next two I don't see us getting any out of the next four.

Needs a big performance against Aberdeen to get the taste of that defeat out of my mouth.
Aberdeen (H)
Livingston (A)
Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
St. Johnstone (A)
Celtic (A)
If we can't get points out of the next two I don't see us getting any out of the next four.

Totally agree with this - a tough run coming up and I'm not convinced we’ll take points from any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Aberdeen (H)

Livingston (A)

Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
St. Johnstone (A)

Celtic (A)

I don’t think we’ll get anything from any of them and there could quite easily be a few horsings in there.

If that’s indeed the case we should ask for a new manager from Santa!

13 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Aberdeen (H)

Livingston (A)

Celtic (H)
Hearts (A)
St. Johnstone (A)

Celtic (A)

I reckon we are currently ‘good enough’ to scrape two points from a possible 18. 

Aberdeen (H) - Defeat

Livingston (A) - Draw

Celtic (H)  - Defeat
Hearts (A) - Defeat
St. Johnstone (A) - Draw 

Celtic (A) - Defeat

Monday afternoon and Robinson still not sacked....I just hope this doesn't end up with a Robinson out. McGee/Malpas type demo behind the POD. He doesn't deserve that but if Alan Burrows is going to do nothing then I fear a demo is exactly what he'll get after we get pumped by a very much in form Aberdeen in 2 weeks time...ACT NOW.

3 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Monday afternoon and Robinson still not sacked....I just hope this doesn't end up with a Robinson out. McGee/Malpas type demo behind the POD. He doesn't deserve that but if Alan Burrows is going to do nothing then I fear a demo is exactly what he'll get after we get pumped by a very much in form Aberdeen in 2 weeks time...ACT NOW.

He was never going to get sacked after Saturday and probably still won’t if we lose against Aberdeen.  My personal opinion is as long as we stay out of the bottom two the board will stick with him. 

2 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

He won't be fired this week.

A heavy defeat by Aberdeen and it becomes a possibility.

With the run of games coming up, I honestly can't see him lasting into 2019, but as I've said previously I don't see much point in changing the manager right now as we need to give anyone coming in the chance to bring in new players and fixtures that we have a decent chance of getting a 'bounce' from.

Bringing in a new manager now and I don't see how things are going to change much.  Get these tough fixtures over, grin and bare it and we'll see where we are at the end of December.