Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

39 minutes ago, star sail said:

Great finish thought from the boy at the end though don't you think? The guy that was picked up from the lower leagues on a shoestring budget. The kind of shoestring budget that a team like Motherwell are working on.

The manager saw the team selection coming and he got a draw out of it. Credit where it is due surely?

We won that point despite Robinson, not because of him. Liam Donnelly isnt fit for first team football? Connor fucking Sammon? I wont go on.

It was a great point but lets not kid ourselves, it was a very very lucky point, credit to the players for digging in when they were chasing shadows for 90 odd minutes

7 hours ago, Shaka said:

We won that point despite Robinson, not because of him. Liam Donnelly isnt fit for first team football? Connor fucking Sammon? I wont go on.

It was a great point but lets not kid ourselves, it was a very very lucky point, credit to the players for digging in when they were chasing shadows for 90 odd minutes

Average wage at Motherwell 45k , average at Celtic 865k, that tends to get you slightly technically better quality players. That gap is just getting bigger and bigger every season, they could fill our first 11 with players not even making their bench and it would still be a big improvement. We won’t stop chasing shadows against Celtic whoever is in charge with the wage structure at the club these days, Craigen mentioned the budget could actually be cut again next season. Talk of a smaller squad and better quality, great if we don’t get injuries which we have had in spades this season. It’s not an easy balance when you are working with peanuts.

16 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Average wage at Motherwell 45k , average at Celtic 865k, that tends to get you slightly technically better quality players. That gap is just getting bigger and bigger every season, they could fill our first 11 with players not even making their bench and it would still be a big improvement. We won’t stop chasing shadows against Celtic whoever is in charge with the wage structure at the club these days, Craigen mentioned the budget could actually be cut again next season. Talk of a smaller squad and better quality, great if we don’t get injuries which we have had in spades this season. It’s not an easy balance when you are working with peanuts.

Did you hear Kilmarnock went top of the league last night?  Or know that our 91 cup winners were on shop assistant money?

Obviously Celtic have a bigger budget, they always have, but as I've said on a number of occasions there are levels that top level professionals have to met, regardless of what they are paid, and far too often our players don't meet them.  

Our ball retention is shocking.  I go and watch lower league football when I get the chance and can honestly say part time players pass the ball better than us.  

11 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Did you hear Kilmarnock went top of the league last night?  Or know that our 91 cup winners were on shop assistant money?

Obviously Celtic have a bigger budget, they always have, but as I've said on a number of occasions there are levels that top level professionals have to met, regardless of what they are paid, and far too often our players don't meet them.  

Our ball retention is shocking.  I go and watch lower league football when I get the chance and can honestly say part time players pass the ball better than us.  

No comparison to 1991, different football world. For a better comparison look at other teams in this league on a similar budget to ours and the quality of their football, not much in it in my view. As most of us have i’ve seen Livi, Dundee, St Mirren, Hamilton, St Johnstone. Far better technical level ? not really in truth. I don’t agree at all about the statement on lower league football, I see a couple of games a week of local games when available , Thistle, Airdrie, Queens Park, Clyde, Falkirk, Albion Rovers been a few examples and the standard on the whole  is shocking. We tend to be quite a bit superior when we play lower league teams in the cup, we walked it against Edinburgh City who are top of league two. Killy are certainly doing well but that’s the exception rather than the rule and they have  increased their budget by a good amount.

There is no way the average first team wage is 45k p.a. It might be the average right across the 40 odd registered players we have.

As Ya Beezer said some of the stuff last night was dreadful. Grimshaw couldn't make a simple pass to Tait in the final third and Rose's attempt at a counter attack was embarassing.

52 minutes ago, steelboy said:

There is no way the average first team wage is 45k p.a. It might be the average right across the 40 odd registered players we have.

As Ya Beezer said some of the stuff last night was dreadful. Grimshaw couldn't make a simple pass to Tait in the final third and Rose's attempt at a counter attack was embarassing.

Seeing as we were so shite last night, shall we just give the point back?

• Haha 2

Some real roasters on here. The usual suspects have driven me away from this site and I rarely look at match threads now.

There would be one player in that Celtic side last night who this week has earned DOUBLE the total amount of our whole starting eleven last night.

I get the feeling that some on here were not celebrating our equaliser as they realised Robinson was safe in his job for another week.

The melt down at Sammon being in from the start was laughable. He can’t play on Saturday against Hearts so it made sense to play him last night and in the second half he did well. Its called forward planning and using your whole squad.

We have real injury problems and his hands are tied. We had four different back fours during the game and yet were so organised that our keeper had one save and that was the penalty. We had ten men on the park when we lost the goal and it came down our right where Donnelly would have been.

There is criticism of what he said about Donnelly and Livingston’s fitness levels. The rest of the team looked very fit. I' m sure he planned to get a couple of Rose, Gorrin, or Bigi on in the second half as it is energy sapping chasing without the ball for long periods but Campbell, Rose, Turnbull and Grimshaw all lasted really well.

Then we have the charge that he does not encourage youth. Many said Turnbull should have been in the team long before he was but in interviews his under 20 manager Craigen said he needed to increase his fitness and physical presence. He came back in the summer ready to step up and you could argue that Robinson introduced him exactly when he was ready – not before.

The charge of not introducing young players should now be put to bed after Livingston’s performance last night. The Football Manager experts on here were desperate for him to get in the team. To go off knackered with cramp after less than an hour on the park shows that he is not ready. I just hope he has not had so bad an experience that his development has been set back months which can happen to young players.

Rant over but while Robinson has his faults be careful what you wish. Owen Coyle anyone?

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Some real roasters on here. The usual suspects have driven me away from this site and I rarely look at match threads now.

There would be one player in that Celtic side last night who this week has earned DOUBLE the total amount of our whole starting eleven last night.

I get the feeling that some on here were not celebrating our equaliser as they realised Robinson was safe in his job for another week.

The melt down at Sammon being in from the start was laughable. He can’t play on Saturday against Hearts so it made sense to play him last night and in the second half he did well. Its called forward planning and using your whole squad.

We have real injury problems and his hands are tied. We had four different back fours during the game and yet were so organised that our keeper had one save and that was the penalty. We had ten men on the park when we lost the goal and it came down our right where Donnelly would have been.

There is criticism of what he said about Donnelly and Livingston’s fitness levels. The rest of the team looked very fit. I' m sure he planned to get a couple of Rose, Gorrin, or Bigi on in the second half as it is energy sapping chasing without the ball for long periods but Campbell, Rose, Turnbull and Grimshaw all lasted really well.

Then we have the charge that he does not encourage youth. Many said Turnbull should have been in the team long before he was but in interviews his under 20 manager Craigen said he needed to increase his fitness and physical presence. He came back in the summer ready to step up and you could argue that Robinson introduced him exactly when he was ready – not before.

The charge of not introducing young players should now be put to bed after Livingston’s performance last night. The Football Manager experts on here were desperate for him to get in the team. To go off knackered with cramp after less than an hour on the park shows that he is not ready. I just hope he has not had so bad an experience that his development has been set back months which can happen to young players.

Rant over but while Robinson has his faults be careful what you wish. Owen Coyle anyone?

Brilliant post

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sinjy said:

To go off knackered with cramp after less than an hour on the park shows that he is not ready.

Agree with just about everything there, but as far as this bit is concerned, playing for the Reserves just two days before followed by a full training session on Tuesday may have had something to do with it...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sinjy said:

Great post......The "rosters" probably are very much in the minority but it sometimes seems they dominate on here.....Had We not got a point the other night they would be out in force just now ....Coyw

If you look at the “likes” for Sinjys post and some other more positive posts it suggests that the doom mongers just shout the loudest while everyone else looks on shaking their heads.

The negativity on this site is off the charts.

We are having a horrendous time with injuries just now, but still have a good bit of breathing space from the bottom 2.

I don’t want to pin all my hopes on a guy that’s played 15 games in 18 months, but Craig Tanner looks like exactly the player we are missing and will be like a new signing if we can get him fit.

We do seem to have a bloated squad full of players that are never fit combined with injuries to Carson, Cadden and Dunne.

Killie apart from having a very good manager, appear to have a similar set of circumstances to the seasons we finished 2nd a tight squad Who have got in a habit of winning.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Your right … … was speaking to him on Wednesday night and injury making progress but he doubts if he will play this season

That’s pretty disappointing. I was hoping he might have been far enough along the road that he could have done a mini pre season during the January break and it would have been like a new signing the second half of the season. 

The set backs must have been fairly serious because I’m sure he was originally meant to be back around now. 

“Some real roasters on here. The usual suspects have driven me away from this site and I rarely look at match threads now”. 

Sinjy

Cracking post Sinjy. If we’re being brutally honest most of the decent posters left years ago , still a small group who are worth reading ,but mostly areseholes  like myself who post a lot of nonsense....for whatever reason or agenda. 

3 hours ago, postiejim said:

“Some real roasters on here. The usual suspects have driven me away from this site and I rarely look at match threads now”. 

Sinjy

Cracking post Sinjy. If we’re being brutally honest most of the decent posters left years ago , still a small group who are worth reading ,but mostly areseholes  like myself who post a lot of nonsense....for whatever reason or agenda. 

Still not as bad as the East Stand though. Roaster Central.