Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

If you look back at my posts you will see I wanted Robinson gone after the cup debacle. However he deserves praise for the turnaround recently and the last two home performances have been really good. Im happy to be proved wrong.

Sending out Jake Hastie to gain experience and exposure to regular first team football has helped jake enormously. Perhaps to the detriment to the team in the short term but hopefully to the long term benefit.

keep up the good work manager but the reality is we are only 1 defeat away from a crisis

Im pleased the manager has found a winning formula.

Whether by design or default, I dont really care. The football is infinitely more entertaining and pleasing on the eye.

The fact that we are seeing some of "our own" deliver it, is a welcome bonus.

I must confess, I was starting to waiver and thought maybe his time was up. Hopefully this vain of form has further to run and we can end the season on a high.

11 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

If you look back at my posts you will see I wanted Robinson gone after the cup debacle. However he deserves praise for the turnaround recently and the last two home performances have been really good. Im happy to be proved wrong.

Sending out Jake Hastie to gain experience and exposure to regular first team football has helped jake enormously. Perhaps to the detriment to the team in the short term but hopefully to the long term benefit.

keep up the good work manager but the reality is we are only 1 defeat away from a crisis

To quote supertramp (one for the old bastards amongst us) crisis? What crisis?

It would be crime of the century if we were to be pulled into the mire. I’m happy for this to be famous last words but even in their quietest moments, the biggest doomsday merchants can’t think that we’re anything but free as a bird.

See, I’m a dreamer but I get it that for some, pessimism is indelibly stamped and that some things never change.

But as sure as Weeyin will be having his breakfast in America, willing progress as Well fan feels like everything is in slow motion. Some Things Never Change.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gadgey said:

To quote supertramp (one for the old bastards amongst us) crisis? What crisis?

It would be crime of the century if we were to be pulled into the mire. I’m happy for this to be famous last words but even in their quietest moments, the biggest doomsday merchants can’t think that we’re anything but free as a bird.

See, I’m a dreamer but I get it that for some, pessimism is indelibly stamped and that some things never change.

But as sure as Weeyin will be having his breakfast in America, willing progress as Well fan feels like everything is in slow motion. Some Things Never Change.

Oh, yeah 
Alright 
Here we go again 
Hey hey, whoa no, da na, hey hey, yeah…....give a little bit ....away and get yer hair cut ya old hippy!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Gadgey said:

I'm only just having my dinner, but I take your point.

We have a series of tougher fixtures coming up, soI would suggest that any talk of sixth place is premature if not fanciful. Having said that, we are now surely safe and can hopefully pick up enough points to finish well away from trouble. I also think that we can see that the decision not to take a knee jerk reaction and change manager mid season has even vindicated. Am I right in saying that all the teams now below us have all ditched their managers this season?

Yes you are right about managers but not so much about “fanciful” I don’t think our fixtures are any more difficult than those around us, also hopeful of finishing in 6th place. Look at St Johnstone next 3 games! But it’s about results over the remaining 8 games that will decide our position at the split 

I personally think 6th may be just too much, we’ve certainly improved but we will start dropping points now in the next few games. However job done by Robinson for another season and no conversation to be had in the summer.

Credit to him, Im not Robbos biggest fan but he has turned it around big time, still a work in progress but there is a good framework there.

I think 6th is achieveable but maybe a stretch too far. I think trying to consolidate 7th would be a better target, finishing 7th instead of 9th would mean around an extra £300k in the bank! 6th would be the Jackpot but at this stage possibly just out of our reach

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say our summer recruitment was garbage, and Robbo probably realised that himself.

The work done in this transfer window could see us sneak into the top six and also see us potentially make a lot of money in a few years. It's been a great start to the year for us.

Also bizarre nobody has called for Alan Burrow's head in the last few weeks eh?!

16 hours ago, The African said:

Am I right in saying that all the teams now below us have all ditched their managers this season?

I think that this should be a real source of pride for the club.  The culture in football now is to sack managers at the first hint of trouble.  In Scotland, the clamber to sack managers was the domain of Old Firm fans who believed that a victory every Saturday was a God given right. Sadly it is an attitude that has filtered into all clubs at all levels of the game including our own.

Fortunately in this case, Alan Burrows and the board were able to look deeper than the poor on field performances at a man who is working his socks off to improve all levels of the club from recruitment, to training, to coaching structures to youth development etc. A young, driven professional manager who, whilst still learning the ropes has acted throughout with the best interests of the club at heart.

Some of the comments on these boards in recent months have made for difficult reading. Personal attacks on Robinson and Burrows, and a complete disregard for the hours of work that they put into the club. It would be nice to think that a few lessons have been learnt now that the fortunes have turned around.

We should be seen as a club who supports our managers, our players and particulary our young players. The board has led the way, the fans need to do the same. 

I am delighted for the manager, the players and for Burrows. That the goals in recent weeks have been home grown has made it all the sweeter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, star sail said:

I think that this should be a real source of pride for the club.  The culture in football now is to sack managers at the first hint of trouble.  In Scotland, the clamber to sack managers was the domain of Old Firm fans who believed that a victory every Saturday was a God given right. Sadly it is an attitude that has filtered into all clubs at all levels of the game including our own.

Fortunately in this case, Alan Burrows and the board were able to look deeper than the poor on field performances at a man who is working his socks off to improve all levels of the club from recruitment, to training, to coaching structures to youth development etc. A young, driven professional manager who, whilst still learning the ropes has acted throughout with the best interests of the club at heart.

Some of the comments on these boards in recent months have made for difficult reading. Personal attacks on Robinson and Burrows, and a complete disregard for the hours of work that they put into the club. It would be nice to think that a few lessons have been learnt now that the fortunes have turned around.

We should be seen as a club who supports our managers, our players and particulary our young players. The board has led the way, the fans need to do the same. 

I am delighted for the manager, the players and for Burrows. That the goals in recent weeks have been home grown has made it all the sweeter.

Couldn’t agree more.

So when was the last time we won 6 in a row?      Next game Hearts at home.      Not easy but still a winnable game if we play well. Once again lets concentrate on what we can do and try to win our game but at the same time lets hope other results are in our favour and St. Johnstone get beat.   COYW:clapping:

9 hours ago, star sail said:

It’s that “grass is always greener” mentality. History tells us it rarely is and when running a small budget a management position at a club like ours and those around us is always going to be tough. We’ve just gone above Hibs, a club with a budget probably three times higher than ours which is an achievement in itself in my view. Sadly I guess it’s just human nature that when things are not going well people go on the attack and someone is getting it, whether some of the accusations are actually factual does not  seem to matter, Turnbull and Robinson had fallen out being only one example.

• Like 1

What a great post. One of the reasons I seldom come on here anymore is not because folk have different opinions (which is healthy) but because of the vitriolic and personal nature of some of the attacks on our manager, chief exec, and some players and fellow posters. I see the usual suspects have gone quiet, awaiting no doubt a defeat or poor performance to take to their keyboards again.

Don't get me wrong, there were questions to answer and mistakes made, can't say any of us were happy at what we were watching. I just despaired at the lack of reasoned thought, balance and the vindictivness of some contributions.

Suppose its easy sitting behind a keyboard.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1