Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

For me there’s not a lot he can do with the back four at the moment
 DM I’d play Barry Maguire with O’Hara Campbell and Turnbull in front of him
Upfront any two from Watt/Lang/Long/White
Oh and by the way well still get humped Horgan is going to have afield day no matter what wing he plays on 

He could start of by dropping Mugabi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

I don’t buy the “ lose the dressing room” thing....players , especially at smaller clubs are playing for win bonuses and are motivated by money , that’s not to say they don’t have professional pride too. Sometimes they’re just not very good.

When folk use that term, they don't necessarily mean the players have stopped trying. It can mean a whole host of things.

Players might lose trust in the managers decisions / tactics so revert to their own ideas because they think they know better. That puts the game plan out the window. They might stop being as receptive in training. As soon as doubt sets in about the manager's game plan then that's a huge problem. Sounds like drivel, but there's also an extra level of performance and effort that can only be found in the mind. That's why sports psychology is so huge now. A happy dressing room playing for the manager will always be able to tap into an extra 5% for every sprint and tackle. Cohesive squads with a leader on the sideline won't be beaten until the final whistle. If all you've got is arguing from the 80th minute then the games done. You could also have cliques forming in the squad. A divided squad off the field is rarely coherent on the field. 

If the manager isn't in control of all that then it's a massive problem. There's a tipping point where it's impossible for him to get that control back - the mistrust in his tactics is too ingrained in the squad, or the disagreements too deep. That's what losing the dressing room means. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

who's playing in their natural position that needs a kick up the backside ?

Last night we had Lammie out of position which meant we had no width on the left to work with Seedorf (who has no left foot)
Long was out of position , which meant Grimmy couldn't overlap with anyone on the right  (and Grimmy isn't a natural RB either)

Unless big Declan is carrying an injury, I think he would be one.

One of the few who could hold his head high from yesterday 

Seriously? Sorry mate can’t agree at all on that one. He’s played in 2 games and been shite in both.

He’s absolutely crap and so out of his depth it’s embarrassing. Grimshaw is another who should be replaced. Both are total dug shite.

3 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Seriously? Sorry mate can’t agree at all on that one. He’s played in 2 games and been shite in both.

He’s absolutely crap and so out of his depth it’s embarrassing. Grimshaw is another who should be replaced. Both are total dug shite.

He defended ok last night, cannae comment on Utd game as I didnt see it...he was in the top 3 or 4 performers last night 

His distribution is pretty poor, but he is probably our fifth or sixth choice centre half so hardly expected to be a ball-playing defender. I thought he done okay last night and in previous games from a purely defensive perspective. Also should've scored last night.

1 hour ago, steelman1991 said:

His defending was ok last night, if he gets a wee run in the team he will probably improve

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a shame Robinson didn’t get one of the many jobs he’s been linked with. He’s put his heart and soul into the club but it seems apparent that the spark has gone. I’m coming to the conclusion that Robinson is a good manager in need of a new challenge while we have a relatively good squad in need of a new voice. 

the issue over the last 12 months is other teams know exactly how to play against us.   Initially teams played higher up the park and we countered, they've learned to sit in and we can't actually get past their frontline - unless Turnbull does something.

I don't believe the stikers are the total problem -  we're not working the keeper as we don't create real chances .

My frustration is for 15 games or so now we've persevered with a formation that doesn't  work.    A few subtle changes could make a big difference. 

• Like 1

Robinson should be sacked! He has watched how poor we were in Jan/Mar, had a transfer window where he was backed to the hilt, and we are a disorganised shambles and if anything look WORSE than the latter part of last season. 2 wins from 14 and no wins this season is an utter fucking disgrace.

However, scout extraordinaire Foyle will still be here, and Las will be the new manager so whats the point in sacking Robinson? Its just replacing clueless shite with more clueless shite. We either need to rip out everything, root and stem, or just keep Robbo and save any compo money for another fucking useless "striker" who can "play all across the front 3"

Glentoran are a pub team who we should be beating by several goals, unfortunately its guaranteed we will scrape a 1-0 or maybe an extravagant 2-0 and the rest of the shite this season will be forgotten and the slate will be wiped clean cause weve won a fucking game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Robinson should be sacked! He has watched how poor we were in Jan/Mar, had a transfer window where he was backed to the hilt, and we are a disorganised shambles and if anything look WORSE than the latter part of last season. 2 wins from 14 and no wins this season is an utter fucking disgrace.

However, scout extraordinaire Foyle will still be here, and Las will be the new manager so whats the point in sacking Robinson? Its just replacing clueless shite with more clueless shite. We either need to rip out everything, root and stem, or just keep Robbo and save any compo money for another fucking useless "striker" who can "play all across the front 3"

Glentoran are a pub team who we should be beating by several goals, unfortunately its guaranteed we will scrape a 1-0 or maybe an extravagant 2-0 and the rest of the shite this season will be forgotten and the slate will be wiped clean cause weve won a fucking game. 

Jeez.

44 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I feel questions need to be asked about our scouting setup and also our youth academy,  if there are no youngsters ready to step up then questions should be asked as to why.  Over past 2-3 years how many have been promoted?.....about 4 I reckon which is very poor.

The youths that would have been ready were purchased by Leeds and Rangers i believe. Not much we can do when a bigger club comes in offering 6figure? Sums for school weans.