Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

2 hours ago, David said:

Then don't watch. If you want entertainment, watch the English games on Sky, or the Spanish games.

In reality I've been entertained in the traditional sense very little in my time as a Motherwell fan, which is to be expected considering the level we're operating at in the transfer market, but entertainment isn't the be-all and end-all for me. It's the team I support, I have an emotional investment in the club, and as such the money we have in the bank, and how sound a footing we are on is very much a priority.

Honestly, I don't know a proper fan of any club who doesn't care about those things? Who just want to sit down, watch some exciting football, then fuck off home again. If you don't want to bother yourself with the details of supporting a club like Motherwell and you're just after pure entertainment, you're probably in the wrong place. Pick another team for that.

Every Motherwell game is "entertaining" to me in the sense that I'm gripped by the action from start to finish. I kick every ball, I shit myself when the opposition gets through on our goal, and I leap from my couch when we squander a sure chance to score.

To a neutral many of our games would be absolute dross, in the same way as I rarely find myself watching, for example, Accies play St Johnstone. To me that game would be boring. But to an actual fan of either club, it's their weekend.

Again, if I felt about the club the way you seem to, which is not giving a fuck about the financial stability or how sound a footing we're on and only caring about being entertained during the 90 minutes, I'd probably watch another team. If it's entertainment you're after, there's certainly better out there.

Fantastic post!

• Like 1

In answer to the question how do I think Stephen Robinson is doing?

in truth average, at the start of the season I genuinely thought we were in for a very good season with his signings but in truth they are very average with Lamie being the worst of the signings closely followed by Hastie, White and McGinley although they are not getting much game time, last season wonders Seedorf and Hayton, I am sorry but a waste of wages in my opinion, so who will be bring into the team this season from our younger players, I think the simple answer is no one as we don’t have anyone ready according to SR apart from a 16 year old Max Johnstone who is being favoured to be a substitute!

SR stated we had turned the corner when we beat Aberdeen 3-0, I am sorry I think we turned the corner and hit a brick wall, as always we must have the worst record against the old firm in the premier league, we have just got used to being slaughtered by them each game, even Hamilton can produce better results against them than us.

I think he will do enough to keep us in the Premier league which is probably our level of achievement, he is also had to loose our best player each season which is the normal for our operating parameters, hopefully I will be proved wrong and end up in top 6 and do well in the cups, I really hope so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David said:

Then don't watch. If you want entertainment, watch the English games on Sky, or the Spanish games.

In reality I've been entertained in the traditional sense very little in my time as a Motherwell fan, which is to be expected considering the level we're operating at in the transfer market, but entertainment isn't the be-all and end-all for me. It's the team I support, I have an emotional investment in the club, and as such the money we have in the bank, and how sound a footing we are on is very much a priority.

Honestly, I don't know a proper fan of any club who doesn't care about those things? Who just want to sit down, watch some exciting football, then fuck off home again. If you don't want to bother yourself with the details of supporting a club like Motherwell and you're just after pure entertainment, you're probably in the wrong place. Pick another team for that.

Every Motherwell game is "entertaining" to me in the sense that I'm gripped by the action from start to finish. I kick every ball, I shit myself when the opposition gets through on our goal, and I leap from my couch when we squander a sure chance to score.

To a neutral many of our games would be absolute dross, in the same way as I rarely find myself watching, for example, Accies play St Johnstone. To me that game would be boring. But to an actual fan of either club, it's their weekend.

Again, if I felt about the club the way you seem to, which is not giving a fuck about the financial stability or how sound a footing we're on and only caring about being entertained during the 90 minutes, I'd probably watch another team. If it's entertainment you're after, there's certainly better out there.

Agree to an extent...I dont think I've ever been to a Motherwell match and not been entertained to some degree, even taking a pumping off the OF or whatever, I generally come away from a game feeling it was value for money. As you said, it's a 'my team' and I'm kicking every ball with them.

On the flip side though, and maybe it's just me, but despite having followed them for 30odd years, I still feel that I'm a supporter of the team, rather than the club. I've little interest in the money we have in the bank or the names of the folk on the board, my sole interest is what is happening on the park.

• Like 1