postiejim

Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

First we had Yodo posting - now we have Yoda :whistling:

Sadly my writing style does tend to lean towards “other world” at times.

9 hours ago, star sail said:

I have been a member on these boards since 2009. Over time you get to know the posters. They remain anonymous but their forum names become well known to the people who read the forum regularly. I have absolutely no problem with differences of opinion. It is the differences of opinion that make these boards successful. 

The post above resonates with me for two reasons, one because Kmcaplin (whoever you are) is a great example for me of a familiar name on these boards, who's opinion I sometimes disagree with but always respect because the opinions are always reasonable, fair and rational. He (I am assuming he because of my narrow minded, last century view of the footballing world) never that I can recall, attacks players or managers personally and seems to have a sensible view of Motherwell's natural position in the footballing food chain.

A poster above said 'Criticism is part and parcel of a football managers job'. Sadly, this is true, but sometimes that is an excuse to allow faceless people on football forums to hurl all sorts of abuse at managers, when quite possibly these same people are not reaching the elite heights of excellence and performance in their own lives. We put an expectation on football managers at times that goes beyond what is reasonable.

Secondly this post resonates with me because by admitting that possible she (in the interests of balance and with the pretense of having an enlightened view of the modern world) got it wrong, Kmcalpin displays the same attributes that Stevie Robinson has shown in turning our season round. The ability to see that mistakes were made and change it is a sign of a very good manager. My feeling is that in Stevie Robinson we may actually have won a watch. Time will tell.

This is a very long winded way of saying that the post above is a great post!!!

She’s called Dave

• Haha 5

On 2/8/2019 at 10:33 AM, steelboy said:

A few wins over absolute bottom six dross doesn't change that especially as it has been mainly down to academy products. We will see how we do against the better sides.

I don't get this line of thinking. You won't judge the manager or the team when playing against other sides of similar standing, only when they play against better sides? 

And the last time I checked, those academy products are part of the team that Robinson picked? You're talking as though those youngsters being a big part of our success is somehow a bad thing?

5 minutes ago, David said:

I don't get this line of thinking. You won't judge the manager or the team when playing against other sides of similar standing, only when they play against better sides? 

And the last time I checked, those academy products are part of the team that Robinson picked? You're talking as though those youngsters being a big part of our success is somehow a bad thing?

I don't get it either, how can we brand the teams in the bottom 6 dross when at this moment that is our level, if anything these are the exact games the manager should be judged on  at this moment in time as these are the deemed must wins against the teams in and around us. That is just where we are just now.

Also i have to agree the academy players are a part of the team just like the older more senior players, doesn't matter who wins us the games as long as someone is :lol:.  If people can't be happy after 5 league wins on the bounce then what chance ye got.

• Like 1

Going into that 5 game run was reminiscent of the 14/15 season for me. We were playing a style of football that all other teams had sussed and there looked to be a morale issue. There were differences of course, we had a new manager and lots of new January arrivals.

What we did have though was a critical run of games in February that gave a glimmer of hope that if we managed to get a couple of wins could see us nudge over the line to safety.

As every week passed, that hope slipped further and further away.

This year, the management and squad have made the most of that run and we are safe for another term. For that, they deserve nothing but applause.

As much as I thoroughly enjoyed cuffing the h*n, going into those playoffs is not an experience I want repeating any time EVER.

• Like 3