Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

Wrong think will not be tolerated.

No, just highlighting that you appeared to reset your expectation bar in mid November with us in the final and sitting in 3rd from what you anticipated for in July. Add to that comments made without taking into account context and mitigating factors is why I shone a light on comments you and Steelboy made.

Where did I reset my expectations?

My expectations and/or hopes remain the same as the start of the season. If the league finishes with us in the same position and with us reaching a cup final, nearly every one of us would take it.

However 1 win in 11 and 1 point from the past 7 games obviously is going to be called out for what it is.

• Like 2

In this game a manager lives or dies by his signings so Robinson should be out the door by February ,when you sign players of the ilk of Rose ,Fisher , Frear, Dunne , Bigi, then your halfway out the door .We caught everybody out at the start of the season got to a final but once teams sussed us out our manager has been found wanting and playing players out of position doesn't help .

You know Frear was signed in January 2017? Before Robinson took over in Feb 2017 and was made permanent in March 2017?

Also, it takes 2 to 3 years to rebuild a team.

Also also, targets are identified by our scouting system - and some of them (like Ciftci) have been on our radar since McCall was in charge?

• Like 1

In this game a manager lives or dies by his signings so Robinson should be out the door by February ,when you sign players of the ilk of Rose ,Fisher , Frear, Dunne , Bigi, then your halfway out the door .We caught everybody out at the start of the season got to a final but once teams sussed us out our manager has been found wanting and playing players out of position doesn't help .

Robinson certainly wont be out the door anytime soon, You'd also be shocked to find that per 90 mins Elliot Frear puts in the most crosses into the box, he's certainly not a dud that your making nor is Bigi who is one of our most creative midfielders at the club. In terms of the youngsters the manager recently stated at the AGM that the youngsters of Adam Livingstone, David Turnbull, Barry Maguire and Ross Maclean are very close to being ready to step into the first team. I'm certainly not for chucking in a whole load of kids early and watch them look well out their depth, when they are ready they will play simple, that's whole ethos of the club.

I hate when we have no games coming up. The level of trolling on here gets ridiculous. Its about as entertaining as Celebrity Big Brother! Thank fek the fitbas back next week.

True

Wish we could have a negative free week but that would get rid of half the posters on here

Makes my eyes bleed. Almost as if some want us to fail so they can wallow in their perpetual misery

• Like 2

Yes your dead right Rose Frear Fisher Bigi Bowman Dunne are all well out of their depth ,rather watch the kids giving all they have than the mercenaries that are wearing Claret& Amber at the moment

5 posts in and already talking utter pish you have a bright future stick at it and steelboy will have a challenger for the forum troll title, impressive stuff

Yes your dead right Rose Frear Fisher Bigi Bowman Dunne are all well out of their depth ,rather watch the kids giving all they have than the mercenaries that are wearing Claret& Amber at the moment

You mention the words mercenaries, and kids giving their all and I just dont see what you see. The players you mention appear to me to be giving their all, Bowman puts in a tremendous amount of effort as one example he just does not have that level of technical ability. I can forgive that if you give your all for the team and I think on the whole they do that. I dont recognise the word mercenaries in any of them.

• Like 1

What indication do you have that kids will give their all? When we threw kids like Dom Thomas and David Ferguson in the team last year did you really think we played well? After Jordan Jones waltzed by Ferguson the third time at home to Kilmarnock last season, he threw in the towel, gave up and Cadden had to do his job for him. Dom Thomas? Dont think the term give it his all, is in his playbook, he looked lazy and uninterested almost every time he was on the park. Think every player you mentioned apart from Fisher have contributed to our successes this season, including getting to a major cup final for the first time in six years, with many of the players you cited in their first season. Think thats relatively impressive for a bunch of mercenaries as you call them.

• Like 1

You mention the words mercenaries, and kids giving their all and I just dont see what you see. The players you mention appear to me to be giving their all, Bowman puts in a tremendous amount of effort as one example he just does not have that level of technical ability. I can forgive that if you give your all for the team and I think on the whole they do that. I dont recognise the word mercenaries in any of them.

Totally agree with that The one criticism that no one apart from our new contributor has levelled at our players is that they are mercenaries and/or don't try.

Tbh i think you are wasting your time trying to reason with this guy/girl. Pleased to see so many folks jumping on the ludicrous comments.

Or maybe thats what an attention seeker wants?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where did I reset my expectations?

My expectations and/or hopes remain the same as the start of the season. If the league finishes with us in the same position and with us reaching a cup final, nearly every one of us would take it.

However 1 win in 11 and 1 point from the past 7 games obviously is going to be called out for what it is.