Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

Didn't realise you couldn't post negatively on here but had to go with "all good nothing to see here people "

Its not that youre not allowed to post negatively, its just that youre posting shite. You can do as you wish, however if youre going to continue posting pish, Id expect memebers to call you out on it. :)

Didn't realise you couldn't post negatively on here but had to go with "all good nothing to see here people "

I personally dont have an issue with anyones views. I just dont think your posts are well thought out or particularly accurate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw this tweet from the club marking Robinson's first 50 games in charge:

Given the fact that we were debating whether he should be binned a few weeks ago, and some are still not keen, I hadn't realised how impressive the stats were.

However you look at it, that's a superb record so far.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Just saw this tweet from the club marking Robinson's first 50 games in charge:

Given the fact that we were debating whether he should be binned a few weeks ago, and some are still not keen, I hadn't realised how impressive the stats were.

However you look at it, that's a superb record so far.

Aye it's a superb record 

Both Robinson and Flow have pulled some nimble moves on and off the park this season. The team is more cohesive and has better quality than many would have expected or hoped for pre-season. Off the park selling on players at the right stage or getting revenue where it looked like there was no option has to be recognised. Only blip has been the run which I think was mostly caused off the back of the triple header against the unwashed and the general feeling of unfairness which put us in a siege mentality. The winter break came at a perfect time.

Highlights for me are selling Moult for 500k when it looked like we'd get nothing and that press conference where the press tried to go after Bowman.

All in all, a very successful season thus far.

• Like 1

Both Robinson and Flow have pulled some nimble moves on and off the park this season. The team is more cohesive and has better quality than many would have expected or hoped for pre-season. Off the park selling on players at the right stage or getting revenue where it looked like there was no option has to be recognised. Only blip has been the run which I think was mostly caused off the back of the triple header against the unwashed and the general feeling of unfairness which put us in a siege mentality. The winter break came at a perfect time.
Highlights for me are selling Moult for 500k when it looked like we'd get nothing and that press conference where the press tried to go after Bowman.
All in all, a very successful season thus far.
Agreed .. Robbo's press conference post semi final was absolutely superb ... 'Pedro doesn't need to concern himself with the final'

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Agreed .. Robbo's press conference post semi final was absolutely superb ... 'Pedro doesn't need to concern himself with the final' emoji23.png

If he never does anything else here, we'll always have the Pedro comment!! Outstanding.

When he got the job i wasn't exactly enthralled by the appointment but i think anyone who denys he's not done a good job is clueless.

We were in trouble at the end of last year and had quite a bit of ageing burdens running about in our team. His signings have been excellent and a breath of fresh air, getting to a final and punting Rangers out are massive highlights. We are still in with a shout for top 6 which i'd never have thought possible at season start.

We're in a much healthier state than we were in this time last year and we have players who work their arses off and have a bit of talent about them. Much prefer watching these guys each week than the likes of  Pearson or McDonald.

keep up the good work Robbo

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Is it correct though? Looking at Transfermrtk Brown managed 43 games conceding 47 goals which is 1.09 per game.

No idea, although Brown's page on transfermarkt (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/craig-brown/stationen/trainer/614/plus/1) shows 42 games, while Wikipedia had him at 45, so I'm not sure their stats are any better or worse than the club's.

Regardless of whether it's above or below Brown, the point is that he's made us much more solid while rebuilding a whole team at the same time, which is no mean feat.

Always enjoy his press conferences. He seems a pretty straight guy, the polar opposite of Saint Brendan, who despite having an enormous budget, takes time to sneer at other teams and pass comment on  their players, while telling us how wonderful Broony is.

His other great comment was post-SF, when he said, "I don't think some people wanted us in the final."

All true of course, and it did explain the Bowmangeddon.

Aye the Transfermrkt stats are wrong but it's easy enough to work the right out stats.
The defence is obviously a lot better but we need to improve in attack.
Would agree with that however in terms of priorities i would say he has got it right even if it is not pretty at times. Have no doubt we can build from a solid base in that regard.

3 minutes ago, Clackscat said:

Would agree with that however in terms of priorities i would say he has got it right even if it is not pretty at times. Have no doubt we can build from a solid base in that regard.

That's how Tommy McLean approached the job too. Started off by tightening up the defence. It wasn't until the likes of Bobby Russell arrived a few years later (and Davie Cooper after him), we became more of an attacking threat.

A really good similar discussion happening over on P&B on this subject also.

Like others have said, the post semi final press conference was as comprehensive a smack down of our compliant media as you will ever see! I possibly stood up and applauded after watching it, and then watched it again!

I’m really pleased our form since the break as been decent as despite the mitigating circumstances I think Robinson was under a bit of pressure after December.