Robinson... How Do We Think He's Doing ?

postiejim

Let's be careful what we wish for. This season has been a big big letdown both in terms of results and quality of play. Lets face it we are a 'small club' in terms of who we can bring in. The players that have come in this year have not been as successful as the previous year. The time to make decisions on the management is at the end of the season, making a change now would be a huge gamble.

52 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I doubt very much that  Burrows is seeing games any different to anyone else, he knows yesterday was rank as was the St Mirren and to a lesser extent the Killy home game. However he may well be asking the question can he keep us up this season and in truth I still believe he will. We keep asking this but is avoiding relegation the remit and if so he’s still on track with a decent cushion. Have crowds and season ticket sales dropped due to the type of football ?  not sure they have.  Thing is with Robinson he always pulls it around with wins when they are really needed, I would certainly expect him to keep doing that even accepting the football is usually awful. 

If replicate our form now over the full season we will finish with four home wins. Who knows though maybe the mysterious remit doesn't involve winning at home?

The crowd was shite yesterday and is going to be worse on Wednesday. The style of football is putting people off, you can actually tell now that loads of people don't even care about being in for kickoff as you're not going to miss anything.

17 minutes ago, Stonehaven'Well said:

Let's be careful what we wish for. This season has been a big big letdown both in terms of results and quality of play. Lets face it we are a 'small club' in terms of who we can bring in. The players that have come in this year have not been as successful as the previous year. The time to make decisions on the management is at the end of the season, making a change now would be a huge gamble.

Let's hope with this strategy we are not looking for a SPL Championship standard manager with fans deserting in droves.

19 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If replicate our form now over the full season we will finish with four home wins. Who knows though maybe the mysterious remit doesn't involve winning at home?

The crowd was shite yesterday and is going to be worse on Wednesday. The style of football is putting people off, you can actually tell now that loads of people don't even care about being in for kickoff as you're not going to miss anything.

The home support was little different yesterday than its been all season and that's with everyone paying in. We will be one of the few teams who actually maintained their regular support over this weekend. 

And it was the fact that folk were paying in which meant so many were in after kick off. 

There is a wealth of things you can justifiably throw at Robinson but yesterday's crowd isn't one of them.

20 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The crowd was on a par with a home gate. The fact that Ross County only brought 130 odd fans made it worse than it was. Not a criticism of them by the way.  In fairness to Motherwell fans we do tend to turn up home and away for cup games. If you look at other similar sides they tend to lose a minimum 1000 fans for home cup games such as Dundee and St Mirren for example. 

I will agree however that what we watched yesterday will impact the gate on Wednesday. I will go along but only because I am getting a lift through from Edinburgh.  Otherwise I would think twice. That said we have a tendency to surprise. But at the moment hard to see past a comfortable away win. 

Those stating we should have accepted his resignation - assuming this happened, have to realise it would have been based on his contract being paid up. Why else would you leave a well paid job for nothing ? I very much doubt we have a spare £150k+ or whatever to pay him off. That plus his remit is probably to avoid relegation and cup runs. Apart from yesterday he has achieved that much in his tenure thus far. 

29 minutes ago, steelboy said:

But are crowds actually down on the norm, i’m not sure that actually are ? I honestly think the remit will be keeping us up, might be wrong.

31 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

Let's hope with this strategy we are not looking for a SPL Championship standard manager with fans deserting in droves.

You see again “ deserting in droves” where is the evidence this is actually happening ?

Just now, Yorkyred said:

You see again “ deserting in droves” where is the evidence this is actually happening ?

I was stating this if we continue to play this way and we are relegated. However, I will also bite on current position. Only c3,500 for a cup game yesterday.  Also, just read posts about fans not bothering to go. Let's see home attendance on Wednesday night. We have cushion on high ST sales but how many will renew if he is still around (I won't).

13 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Those stating we should have accepted his resignation - assuming this happened, have to realise it would have been based on his contract being paid up. Why else would you leave a well paid job for nothing ? I very much doubt we have a spare £150k+ or whatever to pay him off. That plus his remit is probably to avoid relegation and cup runs. Apart from yesterday he has achieved that much in his tenure thus far. 

I thought if you resign you don't get contract settlement. Perhaps club suspected he had something else lined up and wanted compo.

13 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The attendance was 1300 down on the Scottish Cup game last season.

So either Accies are box office or there is a fall in enthusiasm.

You’re  seriously comparing a local Derby against another premiership team  with a game against a Championship team with 100 odd fans. Come on that’s desperate stuff. Cup game against Championship Morton 18 months or so ago the attendance was 3100 with way more away support.

The most worrying thing for me is that we have very few "saleable assets" in the squad. You could argue 3 in Campbell, Cadden and Turnbull. Two of  those 3 are OOC and will be harassing their agents as we speak to get a move anywhere just to be done with our brand of Anti-Football. Plus pretty much EVERY reserve player is out of contract in May. Why should Livingstone, Maguire etc all stay if they can get a sniff of gametime and a chance to actually pass a football elsewhere?

For a selling club, our squad is practically worthless cause its so bloated with utter shite, so wheres our future Johnsons, Moults & Kipres coming from?

For those saying “be careful what you wish for”....Well I wish for out of the 6 home games v Hearts, Killie, Accies, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Ross County to have won at least 1 of those games and scored more than 1 fucking goal! 

We didn’t even look like winning any of those games and the solitary goal we scored was a 93rd minute consolation one!

Is that really too much to wish for?

How bad does it need to get both in terms of signings, results, performances and tactics before there is a change? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, milo said:

For those saying “be careful what you wish for”....Well I wish for out of the 6 home games v Hearts, Killie, Accies, St Johnstone, St Mirren and Ross County to have won at least 1 of those games and scored more than 1 fucking goal! 

We didn’t even look like winning any of those games and the solitary goal we scored was a 93rd minute consolation one!

Is that really too much to wish for?

How bad does it need to get both in terms of signings, results, performances and tactics before there is a change? 

Probably bottom two.

• Like 1

I think it doesn’t matter how the results are going we are stuck with him to the end of the season,  after that dross on Saturday I’ve already got the kids pleading not to go on Wednesday. How can we promote this garbage to try and keep the youth interested in coming to matches. If by a miracle we stay up there has to be changes made to stop us being a championship side for a long time...

The decision to play an unfit McCormack is incredible.......apparently he never trained at all last week and was only involved in the Friday team tactics talk for the game (which must have been interesting)

As mentioned on other posts, the  tactics of starting with two wingers when we have have hardly played with one all season is also mind boggling,then brings on a third winger in young Hastie !!!!!! When he also admits that Ariyibi wasn't 100 %  match fit  yet he gets 90 minutes 

2-1 flattered us

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

The decision to play an unfit McCormack is incredible.......apparently he never trained at all last week and was only involved in the Friday team tactics talk for the game (which must have been interesting)

As mentioned on other posts, the  tactics of starting with two wingers when we have have hardly played with one all season is also mind boggling,then brings on a third winger in young Hastie !!!!!! When he also admits that Ariyibi wasn't 100 %  match fit  yet he gets 90 minutes 

2-1 flattered us

McCormack was pictured training I think, was he not?

19 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

2-1 flattered us