2018/19 Game 22: Hibernian (H) Wednesday 23rd January

MelvinBragg

Deserved to win.

Looked a lot livelier in the first half and the personnel suited the team shape much better than Saturday.  Aroyibi, Turnbull and Hastie playing behind the striker showed promise.  Sadly the striker didn't.  Main now on 3 league goals from 30 league matches.  Missed some sitters today as well.  Overall it was a decent first half showing with the two wingers actually providing some ***drumroll*** entertainment.

Second half was a bit scrapper and our performance dipped but not enough for a pretty poor Hibs team to get anything out of it.

The line up tonight showed some potential but I'm not sure what we are going to do about the striker position. 

That was a really good reaction to Saturday, we pressed really well and fought for those points. I don’t think we can question the players or managers commitment after that.

Main really needs a goal. He worked hard and did a decent job of keeping their defenders busy and holding the ball up, but was powder puff when it came to taking a chance. 

Watching the direct running from hastie and Ariyibi was fun. It didn’t always come off, but I’d rather we tried that than punting it.

The goal was a thing of beauty, what I’d give to see hastie, Campbell, Cadden  and Turnbull together for one more season. 

This was the first time I’ve seen Gorrin really contribute, and I think he had by far his best game for us, Campbell also looked like his old self.

Didn’t think the defense looked too troubled, hibs were always going to make a couple of chances but we were pretty organized. 

We know how inconsistent we are, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Saturday, but I’d definitely put out the same team for that game.

• Like 1

Sounded like Main got through a lot of work, although his finishing let him down again. Still same front 4 for saturday, as he is a grafter and we dont have anyone better!

Hastie & Ariyibi had some fun by the sounds of it, glad we seem to have a bit of attacking threat now. Huge game on saturday now COYW

Such a difference from Saturday and good to see Robinson to have the balls to drop Hartley and McHugh.....that should give them both a wake up call.  Grimshaw, Campbell, Hastie and Turnbull excellent.   Main badly needs a goal and still poor show to hear Sammon being booed by some when he came on.   Also the fights outside ground at end very unsavoury

2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

That was a really good reaction to Saturday, we pressed really well and fought for those points. I don’t think we can question the players or managers commitment after that.

Main really needs a goal. He worked hard and did a decent job of keeping their defenders busy and holding the ball up, but was powder puff when it came to taking a chance. 

Watching the direct running from hastie and Ariyibi was fun. It didn’t always come off, but I’d rather we tried that than punting it.

The goal was a thing of beauty, what I’d give to see hastie, Campbell, Cadden  and Turnbull together for one more season. 

This was the first time I’ve seen Gorrin really contribute, and I think he had by far his best game for us, Campbell also looked like his old self.

Didn’t think the defense looked too troubled, hibs were always going to make a couple of chances but we were pretty organized. 

We know how inconsistent we are, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Saturday, but I’d definitely put out the same team for that game.

The thing with Campbell, and they touched on that in the commentary, he hasn't had a break with playing for Scotland over the summer.