Jump to content

MelvinBragg

2018/19 Game 22: Hibernian (H) Wednesday 23rd January

Recommended Posts

If you were to tell me that Main will never score another goal again in his career I would believe it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Remember the last time one of our strikers scored?   Nah me either!!

I remember the last time Danny Johnson scored. Honestly couldn't tell you the last time Main did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How come our game is always the last to finish on the BBC website.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dug in a bit the second half, but a great 3 points with some encouraging performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Typical that the bastards from Tynecastle would let us down. Still, a good win for us and the other results went our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frustrating team to support, no consistency at all. Never thought we'd see this today, but happy to get the point spread up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The African said:

Typical that the bastards from Tynecastle would let us down. Still, a good win for us and the other results went our way.

5 behind Hibs, but 10 ahead of Accies - so still in our own wee league for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a good win. If we can beat Dundee next we can certainly aim to move higher in the second half of the season. and maybe do so with a bit of style and football...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

5 behind Hibs, but 10 ahead of Accies - so still in our own wee league for now.

I have to admit that I am only looking behind us. Big game coming up on Saturday now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

Decent couple of results and we could be pushing for 7th. Only 6 points in it 

Oh ffs! Don’t say that! In fact, don’t even think it.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The African said:

Oh ffs! Don’t say that! In fact, don’t even think it.

 

let him think what he wants ,,,, heez 5000 miles away in his own wee world :whistling:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deserved to win.

Looked a lot livelier in the first half and the personnel suited the team shape much better than Saturday.  Aroyibi, Turnbull and Hastie playing behind the striker showed promise.  Sadly the striker didn't.  Main now on 3 league goals from 30 league matches.  Missed some sitters today as well.  Overall it was a decent first half showing with the two wingers actually providing some ***drumroll*** entertainment.

Second half was a bit scrapper and our performance dipped but not enough for a pretty poor Hibs team to get anything out of it.

The line up tonight showed some potential but I'm not sure what we are going to do about the striker position. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Remember the last time one of our strikers scored?   Nah me either!!

Can we kid on Hastie is one to make it sound better?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a really good reaction to Saturday, we pressed really well and fought for those points. I don’t think we can question the players or managers commitment after that.

Main really needs a goal. He worked hard and did a decent job of keeping their defenders busy and holding the ball up, but was powder puff when it came to taking a chance. 

Watching the direct running from hastie and Ariyibi was fun. It didn’t always come off, but I’d rather we tried that than punting it.

The goal was a thing of beauty, what I’d give to see hastie, Campbell, Cadden  and Turnbull together for one more season. 

This was the first time I’ve seen Gorrin really contribute, and I think he had by far his best game for us, Campbell also looked like his old self.

Didn’t think the defense looked too troubled, hibs were always going to make a couple of chances but we were pretty organized. 

We know how inconsistent we are, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Saturday, but I’d definitely put out the same team for that game.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounded like Main got through a lot of work, although his finishing let him down again. Still same front 4 for saturday, as he is a grafter and we dont have anyone better!

Hastie & Ariyibi had some fun by the sounds of it, glad we seem to have a bit of attacking threat now. Huge game on saturday now COYW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a difference from Saturday and good to see Robinson to have the balls to drop Hartley and McHugh.....that should give them both a wake up call.  Grimshaw, Campbell, Hastie and Turnbull excellent.   Main badly needs a goal and still poor show to hear Sammon being booed by some when he came on.   Also the fights outside ground at end very unsavoury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

That was a really good reaction to Saturday, we pressed really well and fought for those points. I don’t think we can question the players or managers commitment after that.

Main really needs a goal. He worked hard and did a decent job of keeping their defenders busy and holding the ball up, but was powder puff when it came to taking a chance. 

Watching the direct running from hastie and Ariyibi was fun. It didn’t always come off, but I’d rather we tried that than punting it.

The goal was a thing of beauty, what I’d give to see hastie, Campbell, Cadden  and Turnbull together for one more season. 

This was the first time I’ve seen Gorrin really contribute, and I think he had by far his best game for us, Campbell also looked like his old self.

Didn’t think the defense looked too troubled, hibs were always going to make a couple of chances but we were pretty organized. 

We know how inconsistent we are, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up for Saturday, but I’d definitely put out the same team for that game.

 

The thing with Campbell, and they touched on that in the commentary, he hasn't had a break with playing for Scotland over the summer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

motherwell v hibs on alba now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×