2018'19 Game 23:Dundee (A) Saturday 26th January 2019

Yabba's Turd

Dundee will be on a High after a great result for them at Tynecastle. It really would be in our best interests to try and bring them back down to earth. Unfortunately, we have been inconsistent all season, and you cannot expect the young players we have recently brought in to the squad to change that. Right now I would take a point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The African said:

Dundee will be on a High after a great result for them at Tynecastle. It really would be in our best interests to try and bring them back down to earth. Unfortunately, we have been inconsistent all season, and you cannot expect the young players we have recently brought in to the squad to change that. Right now I would take a point.

Did you watch the game? They capitalized on a multitude of Hearts errors. They weren't anywhere near what we produced on Wednesday. Not a foregone conclusion to say we'll win, but given their league position I'd say they too follow up good performances with equally frustrating ones.

Well they will certainly have received a lift on Wednesday which is never good, Hearts though were awful. Hopefully an unchanged team and can we please follow up one good performance with another one, don’t think it has happened even one time this season. 1-1

We had consecutive wins against St. Mirren and Dundee earlier in the season but, yes, we've generally been consistently inconsistent! Although I think Dundee supporters will be saying the same. 

I wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw but a win would open up the sort of gap that you would think would make us safe.

The team that started on Wednesday MUST start again on Saturday. One of the main problems this season is the fact that the team is constantly changed 

Given the effort coupled with some decent football at times on Wednesday the guys that played should be given another chance at Dundee. This is the type of game where our young guys should be getting their chance.

A win would surely have us all but safe already, which would be pretty amazing considering how bad we’ve apparently been.

Would also keep Livi and Hibs in our sites...

Stringing results together hasn’t been put strong point, but a look at Aberdeen shows what a difference it makes.

Need to take something from this. I know Dundee got a great result the other night there but I still think they are up to much. 

Same team as Wednesday please. Be disappointed if it’s not.

A win and we’re as good as safe.....so a Dundee win then just so we don’t know whether we’re coming or going!

Ok I know i’m getting  ahead of myself here but Livinstone have Rangers Sunday, tough game.  If we win today we could go into the game against them next week knowing a win would put us level on points. There was a big gap not that long ago.. I know, four wins in a row, impossible.

15 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Is it PATG today and if so, what is parking like round the ground?

Yes and parking around the ground is generally no bother in the housing estate. 5-10 min walk to the stadium. 

Actually gutted I’m not making it today. Which is really wild considering last Saturday night my apathy was at an all time high. 

However watching Campbell, Hastie, Turnbull backed up by Ariyibi, Grimmy etc has really got me buzzing.  

Again just a good performance to keep this going is essential. I’m really hoping for a goal for Main as think that could spark him on a run. He’s a total confidence player. 

26 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Yes and parking around the ground is generally no bother in the housing estate. 5-10 min walk to the stadium. 

Actually gutted I’m not making it today. Which is really wild considering last Saturday night my apathy was at an all time high. 

However watching Campbell, Hastie, Turnbull backed up by Ariyibi, Grimmy etc has really got me buzzing.  

Again just a good performance to keep this going is essential. I’m really hoping for a goal for Main as think that could spark him on a run. He’s a total confidence player. 

Yeah, watching the game on Wednesday night on a dodgy stream got my juices flowing again. An absolutely sensational goal set up by Hastie and finished by Turnbull. Love a first time finish, shows he has superb confidence in his ability.

My enthusiasm is so great for today’s game that I’m going on my own. My old man passed away a few years back when he was just shy of 60 and my boys, who are 6 & 8 show no interest in watching football so far. Still love going to games though and you can always manage to strike up a conversation with a fellow dosser.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Yeah, watching the game on Wednesday night on a dodgy stream got my juices flowing again. An absolutely sensational goal set up by Hastie and finished by Turnbull. Love a first time finish, shows he has superb confidence in his ability.

My enthusiasm is so great for today’s game that I’m going on my own. My old man passed away a few years back when he was just shy of 60 and my boys, who are 6 & 8 show no interest in watching football so far. Still love going to games though and you can always manage to strike up a conversation with a fellow dosser.

Hopefully you can persuade your sons to start attending. We never had kids but I think if we had going to the football together would have been something very enjoyable.

12 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Hopefully you can persuade your sons to start attending. We never had kids but I think if we had going to the football together would have been something very enjoyable.

Trust me, I’ve tried, but they now refuse to go as they think it is boring!

Following  Motherwell is a lot of things, but it is never boring!