2018'19 Game 23:Dundee (A) Saturday 26th January 2019

Yabba's Turd

Vital result and keeps Robinson in and us watching shite for rest of the season. As long as we stay up we can wave him cheerio in May. I know Alan Burrows is a good guy/Motherwell to the core etc but a new chief exec would be nice too. Preferably someone who isn't out of his depth. Thank feck for Dundee. Virtually guaranteed a win against them. As soon as we get safe we can write this season off.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Great 3pts that should have us looking up for the remainder of the season, rather than down. 

A couple of weeks ago Hibs and Livi looked out of sight, but the former are in meltdown just now with the Lennon situation, and the latter have levelled off a bit now after their early season run. 

Would love to see us chase them down to give a bit of interest, after the whole season looking a dead rubber following the Scottish Cup exit last week. 

Not a pretty 3pts, but a massive 3pts in terms of safety. 

The job is almost done, get it over the line in the next couple of games then I would be delighted to see some of our youngsters get decent game time in the remaining fixtures. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Vital result and keeps Robinson in and us watching shite for rest of the season. As long as we stay up we can wave him cheerio in May. I know Alan Burrows is a good guy/Motherwell to the core etc but a new chief exec would be nice too. Preferably someone who isn't out of his depth. Thank feck for Dundee. Virtually guaranteed a win against them. As soon as we get safe we can write this season off.

After last week I was wanting Robinson out but last 2 games he has at least made big decisions in dropping Hartley and McHugh and bringing in players that want to play passing game....a long way to go but hopefully a step in right direction...COYW

11 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

I’ve said it before and will again, if the remit is avoiding relegation he has met it. Robinson will be here again next season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

YAWN...........

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Serious question, could you put together a post explaining the reasons you feel he is out of his depth? If you can, can you avoid mentioning personal opinion on things like his background and his history, as these are things you've no idea about.

I'm not trying to be facetious or pick an argument, i'm genuinely trying to understand why someone who people in high positions at other clubs have openly expressed the high regard in which they view him, who various members of Scottish media in all formats have voiced respect for, and who has recently been voted onto the board of directors of the SPFL, would be seen by one of his own clubs fans as seeing out of their depth? I genuinely can't get my head around it.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Al B said:

Serious question, could you put together a post explaining the reasons you feel he is out of his depth? If you can, can you avoid mentioning personal opinion on things like his background and his history, as these are things you've no idea about.

I'm not trying to be facetious or pick an argument, i'm genuinely trying to understand why someone who people in high positions at other clubs have openly expressed the high regard in which they view him, who various members of Scottish media in all formats have voiced respect for, and who has recently been voted onto the board of directors of the SPFL, would be seen by one of his own clubs fans as seeing out of their depth? I genuinely can't get my head around it.

It’s rather like that statement that’s often made when things are going badly “ the manager has lost the dressing room” in fact I think it’s been said on here not that long ago. It’s a statement made that can’t be backed up unless you work with the individual on a daily basis. 

2 hours ago, DEWELL said:

Sorry mate but a don’t quite understand your point here, but what has flow ever done wrong to suggest he’s not worthy of being in charge. He’s been key in bringing in a lot more money to the club aswell as keeping to a tight budget. He interacts extremely well with fans and always puts the club first and also very well respected in Scottish football.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Anyone who watches our us regularly will see a team who's attacking strategy is basically hope for the best and see what happens. We are utterly clueless on the ball beyond trying to win second balls high up the park and make something happen. The goal we scored today was built out the back but it took a full hour for us to actually pass the ball out of the back and it took a wee bit of initiative from Frear to spark the move which I doubt was down to Robinson because it was a total one off.

He's out his depth because he picked the team that played Ross County and didn't see it was going to be a disaster. He's out his depth because we haven't had a left back for 18 months and there is no sign he is that bothered about brining one in.

Not a great performance today and we should have been punished but Dundee's shooting was abysmal. Tait, Aldred, Campbell and Turnbull played well. Rodriguez had a great second half and Hastie caused a few problems despite not getting much service. The final few minutes were ridiculous with Gilliespie giving away a needless corner, Campbell refusing to shoot when he had the whole to goal to aim at and the keeper in a terrible position and Grimshaw hitting possibly the worst pass ever.

The pressure of relegation is off now so hopefully we'll see a bit more football and a lot less of the shite long balls and goal kicks out for a shy we saw today.

18 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Anyone who watches our us regularly will see a team who's attacking strategy is basically hope for the best and see what happens. We are utterly clueless on the ball beyond trying to win second balls high up the park and make something happen. The goal we scored today was built out the back but it took a full hour for us to actually pass the ball out of the back and it took a wee bit of initiative from Frear to spark the move which I doubt was down to Robinson because it was a total one off.

He's out his depth because he picked the team that played Ross County and didn't see it was going to be a disaster. He's out his depth because we haven't had a left back for 18 months and there is no sign he is that bothered about brining one in.

You do realise that Al B's question was about Burrows and Not Robinson?

12 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Not a great performance today and we should have been punished but Dundee's shooting was abysmal. Tait, Aldred, Campbell and Turnbull played well. Rodriguez had a great second half and Hastie caused a few problems despite not getting much service. The final few minutes were ridiculous with Gilliespie giving away a needless corner, Campbell refusing to shoot when he had the whole to goal to aim at and the keeper in a terrible position and Grimshaw hitting possibly the worst pass ever.

The pressure of relegation is off now so hopefully we'll see a bit more football and a lot less of the shite long balls and goal kicks out for a shy we saw today.

I take exception to your comment about Grimshaw, did you see Dunne’s pass?

31 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He was talking about Alan Burrows 

4 hours ago, DEWELL said:

Fuckin love your posts when we win. 

Drink it in.

Whether we are safe now or not, Robinson still has to go at the end of the season  for me. We need a fresh approach with a Manager that wants to play football on the deck, and has the initiative and guile to have a plan A, B, C and more if need be.

Don't get me wrong I was a big fan of Robinson when he was a coach and at the start of his Mangerial career with us, but this season in particular has shown No improvements whatsoever, infact I personally think we have dropped our standards regards playing football to hoofball. That coinciding with gambles on the transfer front with the likes of Main, Bowman and Sammon that have backfired badly. We need a or at least two proven Goalscorers, ones that proven themselves or at least  shown the potential over the course of a season or more.  Main and Bowman  when he was here were great as target men and great at playing in a Goalscorer or other players but that is all they are and were, as for Sammon  he was some ludicrous Panic buy. And as a result of  all this we have badly dropped our standards throughout the whole team imho.

Onwards and upwards  and the blooding of more fresh young youngsters like Turnball Hastie and Campbell. 

Roll on the end of the season, a new start, out with the old boys act and start afresh.

With Gorrin, Turnbull, Hastie starting and Frear, Bigi and McCormack on the bench, I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that Robinson is trying to change the way we play.

It might not work out, but there are definitely more footballers in the team now.

7 hours ago, smiddy said:

I like main for his running and work rate ,,, but for feck sake its time to drop him for dare I say salmon ,,, but something needs to change we have a striker who couldn't score the the proverbial bag of fa,,,, ies 

We were absolutely shite !main was terrible but really when he took Turnbull off it was shut your eyes time playing for a draw . We are now safe in my opinion Robinson has to the end of the season to build a team  or else check out time 

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

We were absolutely shite !main was terrible but really when he took Turnbull off it was shut your eyes time playing for a draw .

We were a goal up, mate. We were playing for the win.

(You do know we won, right?)

• Haha 1

Honestly; trolls a plenty. Said the same last season with everyone squirming that we would go down nowhere near the same position. Our plight is inevitable 2/7 non city clubs will be relegated each year and one year it will be us. Our manager this time round has insured it won’t be us this time round. I highly doubt the st Johnstone fans go for the love of great football they play; but unlike the trolls of our support; I hope indeed they appreciate like us; it’s only a matter of time and again this year it won’t be them. I’m fed up with the Dewells of this world and should I meet them face to face, I’ll bet their exact outlook on life is the opposite of mine. We won today get a grip, and allow the rest of us to enjoy and push for us now to relax and get a bedding of the young talent in game time to push us forward like we all want. One bad manager and our time is done; be careful what you wish for and I’m sure people like your sad little selves will get it one day to our cost. 

• Like 3