2018/19 Game 24: Livingston (H) Saturday 2nd February

Yabba's Turd

10 hours ago, DYW said:

Been at all games , including LC,  they’re worse than us but no-one worked out their style. Teams have started to do that and win round it , we should’ve beat them at FP but for wonder strike free kick ? 2–0  ‘Well  DT  and Main score 

We were absolutely hanging on and delighted with the draw because of a daft sending off in the earlier home game but I'm hoping they have gone back the way since then and that we have a bit more to show up front now.

We actually have a chance to change the complexion of the season somewhat in the next few games. Form would suggest that we will again slip into more defeats but I'm hopeful we can try to turn a corner; the next few games are very much winnable. If we can get victories in our next two games against Livi and St Mirren we could be sitting in 7th place with a genuine outside chance of top 6.  Hibs are in internal turmoil at the moment and have two tricky fixtures against Aberdeen then Celtic so it is not inconceivable that they could end up with zero points from their next two fixtures. I'm well aware that this is a glass half full approach but we might as well be hopeful given otherwise we pretty much have zero to play for over the next 3 months.

In terms of the team, I think it would be madness to change anything. We need to try to get more consistency to our selection. For me, we need more of the same from the Hibs game,  get the two wingers on the ball and run at people. Hopefully Main can add some goals to his workrate, goals are probably my biggest concern at the moment. I am hopeful McCormack will be in better shape this week and be able to be a bigger influence from the bench. It will be interesting to see what happens when he does start to get up to speed. Our system just now seems to be working pretty decent but I'm not sure he would be suited to the lone striker role and I don't think the wing really suits him at this point of his career either. I see him in more of a second striker position these days IMO.

Anyway, like I said I am hopeful. Livi haven't been on a great run but you just never know.

• Like 1

Let us just concentrate on things we have ontrol of. We have a limited squad with limited talent which is not going to be helped by such distractions as “ topsix” and “other results going our way”. Recent results may have seen us move towards safety, but performance remains inconsistent and sketchy so small steps should be the order of the day.

As for this fixture, much as I would love another three points, I’d take a point and that is whatI reckon we will get. 1 all,with our goal being an OG.