2018/19 Game 24: Livingston (H) Saturday 2nd February

Yabba's Turd

Great performance and another 3 pts. The difference of having the 2 wide men in Ariyibi and Hastie is incredible, tore their defence god knows how many times. Good to see Main get a goal but that chance in the second he missed then stopped, that can be forgiven but. Rest were extremely solid and had great games! 

12 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Thought Gorrin had a really good game.

He's a massive upgrade on McHugh in that DM position.

Bit of a weird one today.  Thought we were great going forward for the first half hour but at the same time you have to accept that Livingston had a lot of chances too and perhaps a better team would have scored one, or two, or three.

So on the ball we were what you are looking to see, defensively I just think we might have struggled against a better team.  Still rather that than creating nothing and pumping the ball high but it's something to look at.

Second half we stayed in 2nd gear and just killed the game off and not a lot happened.

With Turnbull, Arriyibi and Hastie in the side we've literally quadrupled our attacking threat and you can see teams, especially bottom 6 level teams really struggling to cope with that.  LOT more football being played and it's great to see the young players, and I think we have a generation of really good young players at the club, proving they are more than good enough to play first team football.

Probably more positive about the team at the moment than I have been at any time under Robinson.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Can the stattos tell us the last time we won 4 in a row? And maybe 5 and 6 in a row?

Last time we won 4 in a row it was as part of a run of 5 in a row.

Between 27 Feb and 2 April 2016 - Partick 3-1, Hamilton 1-0, Dundee Utd 2-1, Aberdeen 2-1, Inverness 2-1.

EDIT - for 6 wins you go back to 2013-14 season, between 14 Dec 2013 and 11 Jan 2014 - Ross County 2-1, St. Mirren 3-0, Aberdeen 1-0, Partick 5-1, St. Johnstone 4-0, Hearts 1-0.

17 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

With Turnbull, Arriyibi and Hastie in the side we've literally quadrupled our attacking threat and you can see teams, especially bottom 6 level teams really struggling to cope with that.  LOT more football being played and it's great to see the young players, and I think we have a generation of really good young players at the club, proving they are more than good enough to play first team football.

Probably more positive about the team at the moment than I have been at any time under Robinson.

Yes spot on,the first 30 minutes was great to watch moved the ball well and got our rewards .

Thought the first half we were excellent, two wide men with pace makes a big difference, even at the back with Aldred and Dunne, second half seemed to be sitting very deep, scrappy half not great to watch, drew a bit into their hoof ball stuff, still we seen out the half and a clean sheet in the bag, good to see Main on the score sheet

With all the good play down the wings I really enjoyed Main’s goal which came down the centre of the park, can’t wait to see it back.

And  Gillespie’s assist for Hastie’s second was excellent despite two Motherwell defenders trying to block him.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

so looking at 5 wins in a row then ? :cheers:     4 shut outs in a row ?

Let’s hope so.  Never keen to start counting chickens though. Have been a ‘well fan for too long not to realise that the next crisis is only aouple of dodgy results away.

8 minutes ago, The African said:

Let’s hope so.  Never keen to start counting chickens though. Have been a ‘well fan for too long not to realise that the next crisis is only aouple of dodgy results away.

I’m certainly not banking on it but it’s within our control.  Not looking at 6 in a row. Got to see how we do on Wednesday first of all 

11 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Great result and gives us outside chance of top 6 as Sellik Will win tomorrow........4-4-2 suits us well. Still unsure about Gorrin.  Looks like a 5-a-side player but given more games I think he could do a job

Not sure what games your watching. 

No 1 - we are not playing 4-4-fucking 2. We are playing 4-4-1-1 or today a more 4-3-3. 

No 2 - Alex Gorrin has been instrumental in our recent form and I amongst others thought he was excellent today. Won every header, was very strong in the tackle and kept the game flowing with quick passes and changes of play. To say he’s a 5’s player is just utter nonsense.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Great result and gives us outside chance of top 6 as Sellik Will win tomorrow........4-4-2 suits us well. Still unsure about Gorrin.  Looks like a 5-a-side player but given more games I think he could do a job

im sure its a 433 and gorrin suits our style just fine. 

3 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Not sure what games your watching. 

No 1 - we are not playing 4-4-fucking 2. We are playing 4-4-1-1 or today a more 4-3-3. 

No 2 - Alex Gorrin has been instrumental in our recent form and I amongst others thought he was excellent today. Won every header, was very strong in the tackle and kept the game flowing with quick passes and changes of play. To say he’s a 5’s player is just utter nonsense.

I'd say it was a 4-2-3-1. :lol:

Well done to lads today and to manager. He definitely has respect of dressing room. Hes saved us from relegation when thrown inyo job.. Got us to 2 cup finsls. Watching Turnbull and Hastie is a joy. Well done all in Turnbul contract. Gorrin looks solid. Campbell adept . Skilled and progressing well after rest. Only slight dissapointment for me is the cup loss as. In my oppinion this team is better than team of finals last year player for player.  Possibly exeption of moult and kipre. And also has potential to be even better.