Craig Tanner (the forgotten man)

DEWELL

Wikipedia ( I know, not always the most reliable source) has Craig Tanner signing a row year deal in 2017. That would suggest that his contract will be up this summer. He is only 24 so, if his body is capable of a sufficient recovery, he has plenty of time to rebuild his career. When healthy,he certainly looked to have enough about him to be worth a place in a squad at our level. All a question of whether he can get and stay fit enough to do so. Good luck to the lad. 

He can definitely walk....but it will be a full year out come March this year. 

A long time out no matter what but, I think, feels even longer as we were originally expecting him back around September at worst and it's been a bit of unknown since then.

First and foremost hopefully he gets sorted and gets the opportunity again to show what he showed in his debut season with us as he could be a good asset. However, needs to be given whatever time he needs including getting fit, match fit and then finding form. A long road yet....

5 hours ago, Mitch said:

He will be lucky to walk again, never mind play. I’m sure I read that atleast one of the further operations was due to an infection from the previous one. 

My dad saw Tanner and Cadden coming out the swimming pool last week so he can definitely walk. I'm sure my dad would have told me if he was slithering out on his belly. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yassin said:

:lol:

Enjoying that the guy himself has said he should be back this season but people on this thread think he'll be lucky to walk again.

That's always been the case on here. Remember Kieran Kennedy turned into Steve Rogers with a mystery illness and Dan Twardzik was hitting 6 foot before he shrivelled up to around 4 foot before he departed. 

Its a shame the guy has been robbed of a year of his career,  by all accounts it seems he has had his contract extended at some point, he'll be like a new signing when he returns. 

On 2/2/2019 at 10:26 PM, Kat said:

That's always been the case on here. Remember Kieran Kennedy turned into Steve Rogers with a mystery illness and Dan Twardzik was hitting 6 foot before he shrivelled up to around 4 foot before he departed. 

Its a shame the guy has been robbed of a year of his career,  by all accounts it seems he has had his contract extended at some point, he'll be like a new signing when he returns. 

Is it bad I actually thought Kennedy did a decent job for us and Twardzik was decent for a while? And also would be great to see Cadden and/or Tanner appear again this season.

19 hours ago, Mitch said:

The lucky to walk again was clearly an exaggeration. I don’t expect him to be at the club next season.

it was a pretty shit thing to post

however , moving on from your thoughts on a guy that strides up and down the POD stand stairs each home game, to take his seat an watch his team mates play.

whats your thoughts on,  Motherwell dont release players that are injured , myth?

I'd honestly be happy for Tanner to go in the summer. I feel bad for the guy but he has barely kicked a ball for us and must be taking up a decent wage. Even when he was fit I didn't really get the hype. Creative but lacks pace for the game up here. Given his injury record I don't think he has enough quality for us to justify risking another wasted wage.

3 minutes ago, Lukemfc1 said:

I'd honestly be happy for Tanner to go in the summer. I feel bad for the guy but he has barely kicked a ball for us and must be taking up a decent wage. Even when he was fit I didn't really get the hype. Creative but lacks pace for the game up here. Given his injury record I don't think he has enough quality for us to justify risking another wasted wage.

Aye, 9 goals in 23 starts was all hype. If we're going to continue down the road of playing passing football, the Craig Tanner of last season would be an asset. 

Whether we get the Craig Tanner of last season back is different question. But unlike you, if the coaching and medical staff feel it's a possibility, I'd be willing to give him a chance...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Aye, 9 goals in 23 starts was all hype. If we're going to continue down the road of playing passing football, the Craig Tanner of last season would be an asset. 

Whether we get the Craig Tanner of last season back is different question. But unlike you, if the coaching and medical staff feel it's a possibility, I'd be willing to give him a chance...

I think there was 8 assists to go with those 9 goals as well. If it wasn’t for injury he’d definitely have finished our top scorer last season. He’d be a useful player for the current system so here’s hoping he can recapture some of that ‘hype’ when for again.