Who Stays And Who Goes?

supermarv

Adam Livingston unfortunately was thrown in unprepared at the deep end and had a poor game against Celtic.

The managers comment afterward about fitness has been misused to unfairly pillar the guy since. 

Given time and a more orthodox introduction to first team football, I think he will prove his worth.  

Im also sure that he learned more in that Celtic game than anyone could have taught him. 

2 hours ago, stuwell said:

Adam Livingston unfortunately was thrown in unprepared at the deep end and had a poor game against Celtic.

The managers comment afterward about fitness has been misused to unfairly pillar the guy since. 

Given time and a more orthodox introduction to first team football, I think he will prove his worth.  

Im also sure that he learned more in that Celtic game than anyone could have taught him. 

I'm not sure pointing out he wasn't fit was unfair - it was obvious, and a perfectly valid point to make when fans are clamouring for U20s to make the step up. It's not as simple as playing well against the other youngsters; you need to be fitter and stronger.

I'm also not sure he's been pilloried anywhere.  All I read is people hoping he gets more first team exposure and, as you say, I'm sure we'll see him as the season wears on.

Livingstone had played for the Under 20s/Reserve  team two days previously.  OK, only 45 minutes, but that was probably a factor.....which Robinson ignored in his post match comments. Livingstone was unlucky that he had to end up playing for so much of the Celtic game.  I'm sure he would have done fine if he had only been called upon for the last 20 minutes or so. I wonder how many others had played in a competitive match only two days earlier.

• Like 1

McHugh is a good utility player and useful to have if you have injuries.

Would love Cadden to stay.

ATS is on loan and doubt will be back

Frear is worth keeping as backup.

Aldred is a must buy.

Main I’m not sure about, but would be tricky to get a similar player of his level for free.

Gorrin is worth another season

56 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'm not sure pointing out he wasn't fit was unfair - it was obvious, and a perfectly valid point to make when fans are clamouring for U20s to make the step up. It's not as simple as playing well against the other youngsters; you need to be fitter and stronger.

I'm also not sure he's been pilloried anywhere.  All I read is people hoping he gets more first team exposure and, as you say, I'm sure we'll see him as the season wears on.

Weeyin I totally agree that the managers comments were valid but I’m sure I’ve read on here them being used to unfairly knock Livingston - unless I’ve misread some posts. 

41 minutes ago, stuwell said:

Weeyin I totally agree that the managers comments were valid but I’m sure I’ve read on here them being used to unfairly knock Livingston - unless I’ve misread some posts. 

You may well be right. I tend to skip over them!

21 hours ago, johnstone said:

McHugh is a good utility player and useful to have if you have injuries.

Would love Cadden to stay.

ATS is on loan and doubt will be back

Frear is worth keeping as backup.

Aldred is a must buy.

Main I’m not sure about, but would be tricky to get a similar player of his level for free.

Gorrin is worth another season

Hard to disagree with any of that. Question would be whether McHugh and Frear would settle for the kind of wages that we would offer a backup...

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

Who's Frear backing up? Or is the expectation Gboly will be returning?

Hastie, if Cadden stays on?  Maybe? 

Mental the amount of people I've seen think we should bin Frear, Cadden and Tanner without trying to keep any.  

Saying that, those same people would be the one's that would have bemoaned signing Hastie if they took his stats at Alloa in isolation...  

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

More back up? Pivotal to how we perform, a first pick.

Be seen as a back-up for me, Tait is the still the first name on the team sheet and with a equally good left back that would push Tait back to RB and a new LB or Livingstone when his time comes. I do like Grimmy now but he shows the good parts of his game but also you can see his faults but excellent on Sunday from him.

• Like 1

Grimmy has been excellent in this run of games, he never stops !! if Tait is happy playing at left back then i see no reason to actively look for one, instead develop Livingstone until he is ready, judging by Robinsons comments i think he could have actually done with spending 6 months in the championship to bulk him up.

I think Grimshaw has been excellent since he went in at full back, I have no qualms about him there with Tait at left back. I think people overplay the importance of having full-backs playing on their natural sides, I think it's perfectly fine as long as they are comfortable using their weaker foot, which Tait clearly is.  For someone who has only been connected with us for a few years, the way Grimshaw conducts himself comes across as someone who loves the club, he seems to get it. A definite new contract for him if you ask me.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1