2018/19 Game 26: Hearts (H) Sunday 17th February 12.15pm Kick Off

Andy_P

I know the sun is out but it is an abbbbbsolute howler from their keeper! Really enjoyable game, we played really nice stuff in patches but a draw might have been a fair result.

The three young guys in the team are all class. You've got the warrior in Campbell, the flair in Hastie and the quality in Turnbull. Get Cadden signed up too and these guys could do really well for us for the next couple of years.

Good win enjoyed the game ,now going to FP with a spring in the step well done to the team kept at it and got the reward at the end . Special mention to Grimmy for not rolling about when it was a terrible tackle but just heard Super Swally say it wasn't a sending off, it was sending off all day long 

Just home and I haven't stopped laughing at the winner yet.

It was a very enjoyable way to spend the early afternoon and even if the game had finished 1-1, I wouldn't have had too many complaints.  I thought on balance we just shaded it but I would imagine most Hearts fans think the same, We didn't have as much control of the middle of the park as we have had in the last few games, possibly because Gorrin's yellow card forced him to hang back slightly, but we still managed to create the better chances and if any of the three or four good chances we had in the first 25 minutes of the second half had gone in it could have been a different story.

3 minutes ago, City Man said:

Got back from Newport at 11pm  last night to the get up at 4am to get a bus from Preston at 6am this morning. Bus got a puncture on the M74 near Hamilton so 90 mins delayed. However, who gives a f””” after the end to that game and 6 on the bounce. COYW.

ffs sir you will sleep on the bus home 

and wake up in LONDON ,,,, hahaha

6 minutes ago, City Man said:

Got back from Newport at 11pm  last night to the get up at 4am to get a bus from Preston at 6am this morning. Bus got a puncture on the M74 near Hamilton so 90 mins delayed. However, who gives a f””” after the end to that game and 6 on the bounce. COYW.

I feel ya.  Used to come up from Brighton on the bus to go to home games.

Wouldn't do it now mind!

9 minutes ago, City Man said:

Brilliant mate,glad your trip was worthwhile :).

5 minutes ago, grumpy said:

We didn't have as much control of the middle of the park as we have had in the last few games, possibly because Gorrin's yellow card forced him to hang back slightly, but we still managed to create the better chances and if any of the three or four good chances we had in the first 25 minutes of the second half had gone in it could have been a different story.

I thought we looked a wee bit tired as the game went on.  Hearts are a physical team and you get the feeling they just grind teams down with their physicality but I also felt that the fact that we didn't have a competitive match last week showed today.  We didn't look at peak fitness today.  Quite a few players dipped around the 60 - 70 mark.

14 minutes ago, City Man said:

Fair play to you mate - if you can guarantee a victory every time you're up - I'll buy the season ticket :P

That was a very pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon :D

Think most of us would agree that a point would have been fair, and we rode our luck a little before we scored, but these wee bits of luck eluded us in the first half of the season, and it seemed that every mistake lead to us conceeding, so maybe things are evening out after all.

i didn’t think hearts were that good, and after all the hype about their set pieces, they produced nothing. Aldred and Dunne were excellent again, and I thought Tait and grimmy had a good game overall.

we did lose the midfield battle for a lot of the game, but hearts did nothing with it. McHugh came on at the right time and had a really good 30 minutes, Gorrin was good but    was again hampered by his booking. 

Turnbull is just great to watch. Even though hearts were pressing and hitting hard, he’d make one small move and end up in acres of space. Watching him and Campbell combine is fun. Hastie just continues to take liberties with the opposition, and is full of confidence.

Main did the thing that main does, and I thought he did a good job against the “big lumps” at the back for hearts.

Should we keep the same XI against Celtic? Or are some due a rest? ;-)