2018/19 Game 27: Celtic (A) Sunday 24th February 3.00pm Kick Off

Yabba's Turd

We have a midweek game away to Kilmarnock so I'm wondering if we will 'rest' players like we did the last time at Celtic Park.

Celtic's domestic home record is formidable.   They have won every league home match this season with 37 goals scored and 4 conceded.  They have scored in every league match at Celtic Park and kept 10 clean sheets from 13 matches.  In the last 75 home league matches they have won 60 and lost only twice.  Once to us under McGhee and a meaningless last day of the season encounter with Aberdeen.

Interestingly despite the claims of a dodgy defence they have only conceded 6 league goals at home in the last 24 matches.

Just out of interest our line up for 19th Dec 2015 win was - Ripley; McManus, Hall, Hammell, Grimshaw, Lasley, Law, Pearson, Johnson, Moult, McDonald.

Agree. We're not aiming for a massive prize here -- sixth at best, which is a double-edged sword in itself -- so there's no reason to start messing about with a winning team on the off-chance it helps us beat Killie. Which as past performance suggests, it probably wouldn't anyway.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:11 AM, Ya Bezzer! said:

Celtic's domestic home record is formidable.   They have won every league home match this season with 37 goals scored and 4 conceded.  They have scored in every league match at Celtic Park and kept 10 clean sheets from 13 matches.  In the last 75 home league matches they have won 60 and lost only twice.  Once to us under McGhee and a meaningless last day of the season encounter with Aberdeen.

Interestingly despite the claims of a dodgy defence they have only conceded 6 league goals at home in the last 24 matches.

So basically they are well overdue? 2-1 to the good guys.

Sincere apologies. I got up at 3am to watch the rugby. I had planned on going back to bed but then had to deal with a wandering cow in our garden. I have since been drinking a lot of coffee and am now feeling a little lightheaded.

Ewan Henderson starting makes me nervous. I’ve said before, the latest Celtic kid on the block has a tendency to score against us with Mickey Johnson the most recent examples. Fingers crossed, Turnbull, Campbell, Hastie and Scott shine for us on the big stage.

When you add in Tierney, Forrest and Christie, today could be a great advert for the future of the national team. Hope we can make a game of it. 

3 minutes ago, siebsbarmyarmy said:

Main being out is a blow in my opinion. He has been integral to how we have played in our run of wins. 

Always good to see Scott but hopefully this won’t be detrimental to his development. 

Pretty impressive that we have 4 of our very own home grown players in the starting line up.  Haven’t checked but I think you’d be hard pressed to fine another team in SPFL to match that nowadays.  :clapping:COYW