2018/19 Game 27: Celtic (A) Sunday 24th February 3.00pm Kick Off

Yabba's Turd

That's the problem you have to highlight their wrong doings cause their not long in wanting to discuss ours . After Brendan complained about the sending off on Thursday night in Spain for what ever reason today Clancy did not want to send their right back off despite hauling our player back at every turn .  So who was the winner today from that bit of complaining yip Brendan 

3 minutes ago, The African said:

Sounds like young James Scott got it wrong. A mistake, but an honest one. He just wants to do well for himself and his team. I am a supporter of fair play and in circumstances like that, we should be giving them the ball back. Robinson has said as much, which is fair enough. The lad will learn from his mistake and, with the support of the club over the next few days, hopefully be stronger for it.

As for the rest though, “let them score a goal to make up for it” etc. From former and current professionals like Boyd and McDonald, utter hogwash. Did they get up after winning a free kick or a penalty with a cheeky grin on their faces and say, sorry, it was a dive, have the ball back? Did they let other teams score after they got a dodgy goal that was a mile offside? Aye, sure they did.

The most annoying thing about this is that it happened against the most sanctimonious bunch of self perceived victims you will ever have the misfortune to meet. We will hear about this incident until the cows come home and yet any semblance of them retaining the moral high ground lasted as long as it took their fans to jeer and abuse one of our players as he was stretchered off the park with a serious head injury.

Sadly this gives them the opportunity to do that. My brother in law is a Celtic season ticket holder and is already spouting off about it.  We just come out if it as being out of order and let’s be honest if they had done it we would all be condemning it on here. Unfortunate.

5 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Sadly this gives them the opportunity to do that. My brother in law is a Celtic season ticket holder and is already spouting off about it.  We just come out if it as being out of order and let’s be honest if they had done it we would all be condemning it on here. Unfortunate.

Tell him to fuck up!

Simple

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

They don’t need much of an excuse. If he gets too irate, you could perhaps ask him, in a quiet and reasoned manner, how he feels this outrageous incident compares with say the abuse of children at Celtic Boys Club? Might bring a little perspective and pour some oil on troubled waters.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

You could always point out that it didn't happen in a cup final and no-one was red carded because of it. 

Imagine the scenario. Celtic at Ibrox going into last game of the season. Celtic going for 10 in a row. Equal with rangers on goal difference and points. O-O and  minutes to go. Rangers player goes down and ball put into touch. Do you think Celtic would give them the ball back and not take the opportunity to win. Not a fecking chance they wouldnt.. Always the victim

There was fuck all fair play about it. Christie had already been attended to seconds earlier by the physio. Both Christie and physio saw fit to continue and then stopped play conveniently moments later, for a Second time. For a side that has cheated its way to two penalties within two seasons (cup final and fir Park) the hypocrisy of unsportsmanlike behaviour is startling. Robinson should’ve backed Scott in the interview or at least turned the tables and brought up previous actions. I have to agree with the above that instead of praising edouard, he should’ve been asking why the hell he was still on the park. 

We equipped ourselves well over the piece but I, like every other well fan over the years, am tired of us bowing to pressure from both halves of the ugly divide and would really appreciate if someone would raise their head above it from time to time and challenge the status quo

Rant over 

• Like 2

Robinson had a go at the Celtic crowd for cheering Carl being stretchered off, showing their class.

If the Brendan one had allowed us to score and removed one of his team in the League Cup final I would have listened to his preaching from his  moral high ground today.

• Like 1

James Scott has been Ex Communicated by the Tims on Kerrydale Street because he is a Celtic fan and shouldn't be doing that to his team ,seems his Da his raging big Shellic man no wonder Scottish fitba is in a mess .Put it out yer head James and get on with your Fir Park career 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yodo said:

That's the problem you have to highlight their wrong doings cause their not long in wanting to discuss ours . After Brendan complained about the sending off on Thursday night in Spain for what ever reason today Clancy did not want to send their right back off despite hauling our player back at every turn .  So who was the winner today from that bit of complaining yip Brendan 

Do you remember how we raised the issues after the League Cup Final....and three days later they get a questionable penalty against us to save them with two minutes to go? 

Do you remember Burrows voicing his frustration and Rogers and the media roundly mocking him and his laptop footage in the days after? 

Do you remember the red card Kipre got for nothing in the following game at Fir Park? 

Highlight it, scream blue murder all you want it'll get turned right back on you by the media who are quite happy to keep an issue on the boil to sell papers or get clicks or a referee pissed because you've had the temerity to highlight their colleagues ineptitude and ultimately it'll most likely make fuck all difference.

Or you do the smart thing. Make them all believe you are full of contrition and it's been a terrible mistake and a big learning curve and there is little more they can add. Some of the immediate heat is taken off Scott and time is bought to formulate a response where Robinson can prepare more fully for the inevitable questions that will come in the Kilmarnock pressures. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Any thoughts on our penalty appeal on Hastie at 2-1?

As for the incident at the goal, I remember when we did it up against Inverness, and it was justified then too. If Ryan Christie is on the floor writhing in agony and they kick it out then aye, fair play, give them the ball back. If he's hobbling about the park and they put the ball out so they can make a sub, then fuck em.

I mind when Brendan Rodgers became Celtic manager I thought that it was a good thing for Scottish football and would raise the profile of our game. Words cannot describe how much I hate that greasy cunt nowadays. Fuck him and fuck his team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andy_P said:

Do you remember how we raised the issues after the League Cup Final....and three days later they get a questionable penalty against us to save them with two minutes to go? 

Burrows and Robinson never said a peep and refused to appeal the red card after the final. They got thanked by more cheating on the wednesday.

Burrows got his SFA role though as predicted.

10 hours ago, Yodo said:

Mate we have a player who is badly injured going off on a stretcher our centre half is sitting in the dugout bleeding badly . By complaining about about their players getting away  wae murder he takes the heat of young Scott that's what I call class sticking up for your club . Remember they hounded Kipre and Bowman for weeks 

You just want Robinson's supsended touchline ban to kick in.

40 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Burrows and Robinson never said a peep and refused to appeal the red card after the final. They got thanked by more cheating on the wednesday.

Aye. It's a conspiracy. Robbo and 'Flow are just OF fans in disguise.

Personally, I'm happy for us to keep away from the lowest common denominator scrapping in the gutters. 

55 minutes ago, steelboy said:

You do realise the claim about saying nothing can be disproved after about 40 seconds checking online? He might have put it more tactfully than you may have liked (or maybe not - I'm sure you would have used any hot headed or aggressive answer as an example of his character when you were happy to chuck him under a bus for the apparent bullying of an Oldham player) but Robinson makes the point clearly it wasn't a penalty and the sending off was wrong.

And Burrows is on the SPFL board not the SFA. 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

That’s simply not true 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/42067044

I am dissappointed with Robbo's post match comments. He seems happy enough to throw his own players under the bus (Main & Livingston) but refuses to condemn opponent behaviour and deflect heat from his own 18 year old player who is getting roasted.

I understand wanting to take the moral high ground but you dont need to make personal attacks to make a point. He could have muddied the waters by pointing out Edouard has left 2 of our players in the hospital and questioned if he should have been on the pitch to score his goals,just question tho and say he cant say for definate because he hasnt seen replays. And with Scott he should have just said it was inexperience but its happened before, funnily enough by a Celtic player! And is it worse than the blatant cheating we see with players diving to win pens and red cards? doesnt need to specify names/teams, and maybe praise Scott for his overall performance.

You cant all out attack the Old Firm, the Media would never allow that, but just muddy the waters and open the debate then things specifically for James Scott die down quicker

• Like 1