2018/19 Game 27: Celtic (A) Sunday 24th February 3.00pm Kick Off

Yabba's Turd

I listened to the Celtic TV commentary and it was really getting on my nerves, EVERY challenge a Motherwell player made was referred to as a strong tackle. One thing I will say is that I don't think the two head knocks sustained by Aldred and Mchugh were even fouls, to say he shouldn't have been on the park is VERY far fetched. 

34 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I listened to the Celtic TV commentary and it was really getting on my nerves, EVERY challenge a Motherwell player made was referred to as a strong tackle. One thing I will say is that I don't think the two head knocks sustained by Aldred and Mchugh were even fouls, to say he shouldn't have been on the park is VERY far fetched. 

I agree about Edouard. The McHugh one was unfortunate. The Aldred one he looked from one angle to swing an arm, but the other they just banged heads.

Robinson showing some more class in addressing Scott Bain's reaction to the James Scott goal;

Robinson, however, said he isn't interested in what Bain has to say as he is fully focused on Motherwell's upcoming fixture against Kilmarnock.

"In truth, I don't listen to it," he said. "I didn't hear what Scott Bain said, I'm not really too interested in what Scott Bain said, to be honest, it doesn't bother me.

"It won't have any affect on us. Let me say one thing, the hypocrisy in sport is laughable.

"We have a massive game against Killie to try and get into the top six, that's what matters to me.

"That game has gone, Brendan has left, they got the points, it's gone. All I will say is the hypocrisy in sport is laughable."

Like how he managed to get a wee mention of Brendan leaving :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

That was a sizzler, and no mistake.

You don't like to give the Ugly Sisters any chance to adopt the moral high ground for once but the media's and Celtic's reaction is quite ridiculous and our whitabootery is justified for once.

James is young and his actions are probably the result of his inexperience and exuberance. On the other hand,  Ryan Christie has considerable form in the Sneak Stakes and my respect for him has steadily diminished as his frequent simulating and tendency to leave the foot in have become more obvious.

I noticed a tabloid lying on a café table today with the screaming sports headline "UNETHICAL". No wonder the circulation figures for the Dead Tree Scrolls are tanking when you see  sanctimonious crapola like that.

I didn't think my opinion of Brendan Rogers could get any lower after his shameless and manipulative  comments on Ryan Bowman but I was wrong. The sooner he loups the dyke and goes back to the English Premiership the better.

It may have been a reference to the possibility Rogers would be prepared to walk out on his contract mid season at Celtic to join another club

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mio Krivokapic said:

It may have been a reference to the possibility Rogers would be prepared to walk out on his contract mid season at Celtic to join another club

Thanks for that, although clearly Saint Brendan would never do such a thing :rolleyes: . I may have misconstrued my Sellick-leaning relative's gesture towards the headline, in which case I retract my scandalous suggestion that Scottish Red Tops are full of crapola, obvs.

It's a funny old game, Saint.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The African said:

Well at least that is James Scott off the hook. The f*ck*rs now have something else to get their sanctimonious knickers in a twist about. Good news as I wouldn’t want to see a promising youngster havehis prospects blighted by such a minor indiscretion.

Yes poor boy. Hypocracy unreal. Cheated at fir park and lcf. Well done robbo for pointing that out. Unfair multi million pound team worried about team on 10th of wages equalising.  

24 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The hypocrisy comment indicates Robinson has the same thoughts as most of us over Celtic's actions over the past couple of seasons.

Why he's not willing to fight our corner publicly we will just have to speculate.

Are you subtly trying to say Robinson is a Celtic fan, or am I getting my wires crossed?

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Are you subtly trying to say Robinson is a Celtic fan, or am I getting my wires crossed?

I don't think he's a Celtic fan.

I think that he's smart enough to realise that if he speaks out against Celtic he will be vilified by their media stooges and supporters and isn't willing to put his neck on the line for the club.