2018'19 Game 28: Kilmarnock (A) March 2nd 3pm kick-off

livivoice

Appreciate we have the Celtic game to navigate first but I took in the Killie game today at Livi.

Normally I dont give us much hope at Rugby Park but after today I think we will have a real chance.

Bottom line is that Killie today were really poor. This was mostly down to a number of first team players out leaving them down to the bare bones. They actually had little option but to bring on from the bench the already injured O`Donnell and Burke. 

Team had little threat up front albeit Brophy tried his best. Jones played as though he had his move to Rangers on his mind.  Other than Mulumbu Killie were pretty impotent in midfield. This was largely explained by the absence of Power and Dicker.    In defence they were forced to play some reserves.

In a match which Livi could have won by more I left the ground with the feeling that Killie`s exertions of late have caught up on them and that we could be getting them at the right time particularly as some of the absentees may not be back for Wednesday.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Brazilian said:

Did Killie not hit the woodwork with chances 5 or so times?

3 times but 1 was a shot from way out which was more of the ` hail mary` variety, another by Boyd looked a misplaced header and the other so irrelevany I can barely remember .

By contrast Livi cut through the Killie defence on several occassions. It was only down to Livi trying to walk the ball into the net that prevented them from winning 3 or 4 zilch.

At the end the Killie fans looked a sorry bunch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

We might struggle a bit to field 2 decent central defenders on Wednesday night.  Could have done without those 2 injuries today.  

If Hartley and Mulumbu are fit they can play in central defence, it's a decent left back we need by all accounts Dunne was terrible today.

Kilmarnock are on a bad run but I think if you actually look at the results it's not that bad.  Draws against Aberdeen and Dundee, one goal defeats to Celtic and Hearts.  The away defeat to Livingston can happen to any one on that surface.

One thing about Kilmarnock is that they don't keep a lot of clean sheets so you always have a chance against them, especially when they haven't been scoring as often since Greg Stewart moved on.  Also they aren't used to runs like these where they aren't winning and they might feel a bit under pressure.

They rested a lot of players on Saturday so I'd expect to see a more familiar Kilmarnock side with the likes of Taylor, Dicker, Power in it.

If we turn up, I think we can get something out of this. 

On 2/23/2019 at 9:36 PM, livivoice said:

3 times but 1 was a shot from way out which was more of the ` hail mary` variety, another by Boyd looked a misplaced header and the other so irrelevany I can barely remember .

By contrast Livi cut through the Killie defence on several occassions. It was only down to Livi trying to walk the ball into the net that prevented them from winning 3 or 4 zilch.

At the end the Killie fans looked a sorry bunch.

From the highlights, one of them was a close range shot off the bar which comes under the 'How did he miss' category. 

A lot will depend on who is fit, especially in central defence.  McHugh is a non starter as I suspect is Aldred, going by horrific pictures on the net this morning.  Hartley won't be anywhere near match fit.  I don't know about Mbulu.  Donnelly perhaps?  Main?  I hope if young Scott starts he'll be given the support's loud backing. 

7 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

More confident than usually about this game, the 4-1 against Celtic flatters them, we actually played pretty well. A 1-1 draw.

They are having a big Dip in form just now, I actually fancy us to win this one and get into the too 6, assuming we have a fit defence.

Their big dip in form has coincided with a very difficult run of fixtures whereas our run involved us playing the bottom half and then Hearts at home. Our potential injury issues worry me as our form has been built on a steady team selection but I still think we've got more about us than in our previous games against Kilmarnock. Hopefully our new-found attacking style will make the difference.