2018'19 Game 28: Kilmarnock (A) March 2nd 3pm kick-off

livivoice

15 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Burrow is saying it's Killie's decision.

Let's see if the fan owned club can stick up for the fans for once....

10 minutes ago, myteam said:

not often, probably never, have I agreed with steelboy. but this time he,s right. I know it,s  a nominal amount but we already purchased tickets for the game. I also  appreciate the short notice etc etc for killie but our tickets from wed should allow re-entry on sat. and what was post game all about kept waiting in the freezing cold then they run out of vouchers & take names & addresses instead. farcical does not describe this. couln,t make it up but no doubt we,ll be there sat anyway

Kilmarnock have published T&C's on their website, http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/Legal?ShowPage=669&p=Season Ticket and Match Ticket Ts and Cs  ,

and its quite clear

Matches may be postponed, abandoned or relocated (for example, due to pitch or weather conditions or other circumstances outside Kilmarnock FC control) and Kilmarnock FC will have no liability to you in these circumstances. You should retain the Ticket you were originally issued. Subject to Clause 6.2.4, you will be entitled to attend the re-arranged Match using the same Ticket;

and
6.2.4. Matches may, occasionally, require to be played behind 'closed doors' meaning that no spectators are allowed to attend

our club just repeatedly saying its Killies call,  would not be what I call representation of the fans who paid into that match , every media contact shoudl be asked to create a shitstorm for fans getting turned over

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brazilian said:

our club just repeatedly saying its Killies call,  would not be what I call representation of the fans who paid into that match , every media contact shoudl be asked to create a shitstorm for fans getting turned over

Well spotted.

I'm sure Killie will try to weasel out it.

47 minutes ago, prideoflanarkshire said:

Just bollocks. Honestly.

£22 last night now £5 on Saturday, plus travelling twice.

What a waste of time.

Should be free with a voucher, £22 without a voucher

Totally right. I was there last night and can’t go on Saturday (my problem), but this is what should happen. Why can’t clubs in Scotland even get the basics right?

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Whilst I think it should be free for anyone who went last night, I can see why the club are trying to minimise losses. Stewards, police, staff etc don't get paid for half a shift last night and need paid again on Saturday.  Killie will still lose a fortune.

That's part and parcel of being a football club. They should take out insurance if it's a major issue.

Killie are breaking their own terms and conditions and shafting the fans. It's bad enough watching games on that park without having to pay twice.

11 minutes ago, daver said:

I have some sympathy for Kilmarnock's position as they will have costs involved in staging the match but they should be standing by their terms and conditions. 

Yep. Wonder how long it'll be before they quietly remove that wording from their website...

59 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Totally right. I was there last night and can’t go on Saturday (my problem), but this is what should happen. Why can’t clubs in Scotland even get the basics right?

Guys like yourself are the real losers in this scenario.

All you’ve got to show for your £22 is a meaningless voucher.

If you can make Saturday £5 seems fair enough to be honest, although if you were there on Wednesday you could’ve paid £27 while the guy next to you has paid £5 and only had to make one trip to Killie.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, ask him why it's £24 for us to get into your place whilst home fans can get in a hell of a lot cheaper whilst you're at it.

Cheers

It’s the same price for me in the other end if I pay on the gate.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, ask him why it's £24 for us to get into your place whilst home fans can get in a hell of a lot cheaper whilst you're at it.

Cheers

Its the same price for the Cooper and Phil O'Donnell stands.  At Rugby Park it costs an adult in the Chadwick Stand £22 but only £20 in the Moffat Stand.  Exactly the same situation that you raise about Fir Park.   Whilst we're on about comparisons it costs Killie fans aged 60-64 £20 or £22 at Rugby Park but only £17 at Fir Park. 

Football is far too dear these days generally but its downright wrong that PATG fans going on Saturday who attended last night (mainly Well fans) should have to pay in again.  I've always thought highly of Kilmarnock as a club but this has done them no credit whatsoever (I've never had any problem with the fans and still don't).    

Was there last night and disappointed that Killie did not stick to what they agreed. However, Killie are entitled to charge the full £22 if they want to. So £5, although annoying, is a fair concession.

Several seasons ago Dundee Utd charged full admission price in similar circumstances. Thankfully not against us.

Now if you think our own Club should make a gesture, how about they allow the voucher (to include those people who Killie took note of) to represent £5 towards  a Fir Park ticket this season or towards a Season Ticket next season? A nice way to recognise the fans who made the worthless trip yesterday.

8 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Motherwell now paying the admission fee on Saturday for those that went on Wednesday. Well done

Expect steelboy on here any moment congratulating the "fan owned club" for doing right by the fans.

(It's a scunner when they keep doing the right thing).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Just came on to do that but I'd be happier if we had pulled them up about their terms and conditions.

I won't be going up to Fir Park for a fiver or to Rugby Park on Saturday but well done to the club for making it clear that Kilmarnock are taking the piss.

Absolutely.  I hope fans who are due a refund and are going don't take up the club's offer, as Bert suggests above, but totally understand if some fans do take up the offer.  Why should Well fans and MFC underwrite Killie's loss unfortunate as it is.  

Well done MFC - you've given Killie a  lesson in customer service and fairness.  

Hopefully some of us will challenge Killie on their published terms and conditions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Hopefully some of us will challenge Killie on their published terms and conditions. 

It's certainly not a good look for them, but I suspect they'd get out of it with some pedantry... those are the T&Cs for season tickets and match tickets, and PATG fans presumably didn't buy a ticket.

I still think there is something fishy about all this. I am sure the rule was if a game is abandoned before the start of the second half then fans are entitled to a free entry into the subsequent re-arranged fixture. (I have just looked at the SPFL rules and there is no mention of this) Anyone who was there as I was can tell you there was no way the game could continue when the teams came out after the interval so why did Mr Beaton start the second half ??  Was someone from Kilmarnock FC under the same impression as I was that it was in their interest to start the second half ?? Also the clock at the side of the stand showed 46 minutes when  it was stopped. Could this have been used as evidence if required ??

Good to see Motherwell FC are doing the decent thing by offering to pay for fans going back down again on Saturday. I can't as I had arranged other things to do as we had a free weekend.

If fans cant or don't want to go back down maybe their £5 can go to the Well Society.

• Like 2