2018'19 Game 28: Kilmarnock (A) March 2nd 3pm kick-off

livivoice

2 minutes ago, real dosser said:

I still think there is something fishy about all this. I am sure the rule was if a game is abandoned before the start of the second half then fans are entitled to a free entry into the subsequent re-arranged fixture. (I have just looked at the SPFL rules and there is no mention of this) Anyone who was there as I was can tell you there was no way the game could continue when the teams came out after the interval so why did Mr Beaton start the second half ??  Was someone from Kilmarnock FC under the same impression as I was that it was in their interest to start the second half ?? Also the clock at the side of the stand showed 46 minutes when  it was stopped. Could this have been used as evidence if required ??

Good to see Motherwell FC are doing the decent thing by offering to pay for fans going back down again on Saturday. I can't as I had arranged other things to do as we had a free weekend.

If fans cant or don't want to go back down maybe their £5 can go to the Well Society.

I was going to suggest the same thing about donating the vouchers to the Well society.

According to Alan Burrows on Twitter it’s conpleting the 1st half rather than starting the 2nd that’s the point of no return.

I was going to try and cadge your voucher for Saturday too.

:lol:

3 hours ago, real dosser said:

If fans cant or don't want to go back down maybe their £5 can go to the Well Society.

This could end up being a great PR win for the club and the fans. Club offer to pay the fiver for everyone who goes. We fill the stand. Everyone who can afford it donates their fiver back to the Well Society.... oh aye, and then Les doubles your money.

Gutted I can’t go now. 

1 hour ago, real dosser said:

I still think there is something fishy about all this. I am sure the rule was if a game is abandoned before the start of the second half then fans are entitled to a free entry into the subsequent re-arranged fixture. (I have just looked at the SPFL rules and there is no mention of this) Anyone who was there as I was can tell you there was no way the game could continue when the teams came out after the interval so why did Mr Beaton start the second half ??  Was someone from Kilmarnock FC under the same impression as I was that it was in their interest to start the second half ?? Also the clock at the side of the stand showed 46 minutes when  it was stopped. Could this have been used as evidence if required ??

Good to see Motherwell FC are doing the decent thing by offering to pay for fans going back down again on Saturday. I can't as I had arranged other things to do as we had a free weekend.

Take a day off, eh?

10 hours ago, real dosser said:

That's not a rule and been addressed in Twitter by Alan Burrows. 

Even from a financial perpsective I can't see the value in what Killie has done.  Say there were 1,000 paying punters on Wednesday evening.  If each attends tomorrows game, that brings in about £2,600 taking into account VAT.  There will also be say an additional 400 PATG fans for the rearranged game bringing in say an additional £1,280.  That pans out at about £3,900 net.

Now if those with vouchers got in for nothing tomorrow and an additional 400 (probably an underestimate) paid full price that would generate about £5,200 net.  The financial difference is about £1,300.  Ok so what if a few fans got extra vouchers and every single one was used, Killie would still not lose out or if they did so only by a few pounds - less than one week's wages for one of their better players. In other words, chickfeed to them.  By doing what they've done, their reputation has been damaged and they've lost goodwill.  Very short sighted.   

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jay said:

T&C point hasn't been missed.

But as pointed out above, the T&C's on their website are specifically for match and season ticket holders, which is why season ticket holders aren't having to pay again, and they can charge PATG punters whatever they like. (Which doesn't make it right, of course.)

It's the principle more than anything and a great gesture from our club to reimburse. However, Im hoping most folk don't go and claim that fiver back from Motherwell to be honest.

As for the game, expecting the same starting 11. Be a great one to win. Interesting few games coming up for a few reasons including seeing how Hastie and Bolt deal with being doubled up on - not so much a surprise factor anymore.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, Jay said:

T&C point hasn't been missed.

D0kMTN-WsAA0BAK.png:large

East Ayrshire Trading Standards have appointed an officer to look into this as a breach of terms and conditions -

anyone who feels they have been cheated, should email them direct , to add names to  list of complainants - trading.standards@east-ayrshire.gov.uk

or go to facebook and message them:  http://www.facebook.com/eactradingstandards

perhaps Society could represent a group complaint - requesting acknowledgement of rights and if appropriate any settlement to charity

• Like 1

Just now, David said:

Anyone's official stream working? I'm just getting a replay of the Celtic game.

I was getting that, working now though.

Looks like we're playing into a howling gale first half... bit of a nervy start so far.