2018'19 Game 28: Kilmarnock (A) March 2nd 3pm kick-off

livivoice

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

Accies( H) then Hibs (A) then St Johnstone (H).......It's in our hands.

Absolutely no doubt that we can do this, outside of Celtic we are more than capable of beating anyone.

49 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If we had winters like Moscow there might be an argument for them. But we don't. 

And I don't care how much skill you have, nobody can control a ball that drops from waist height and bounces over your head. Or a pass that gets stuck and never reaches you.

(And people did complain about the Champions League pitch - but didn't get as many column inches). 

Hybrid is the way to go if you want plastic under your feet. 

Celtic Park is hybrid and their pitch is awful.  The amount of passes last week that got stuck was rather high

Saying that bounces do suck... but then again our winner against Hearts was on grass.

A very good point at a difficult place to go. 

For all that it was a scrappy game, it wasn't the shitest game I've been to. It was fairly end to end, even if it was devoid of skill and it looked like either team was only one mistake away from losing the goal that would settle the match. 

Credit to Killie for stifling Hastie, Ariyibi and Main. Gorrin was fantastic. 

Difficult conditions with the weather and the pitch but I thought Kilmarnock were the better team marginally in the first half and were much the better team in the second.  If anyone was going to score it looked like them especially as they strengthened by bring on Jones and Brophy as subs.

Main had a very poor match today and we rarely threatened outside of the occasional cross or set piece.

On the other hand I thought Gorrin was excellent today and as far as I am aware didn't get booked for once!

Overall a decent point away at a difficult venue.

Decent point. Neither team were very good, but I thought Killie looked more organized in attack carving out some decent chances, where we got most of our joy from counter attacks.

The midfield 3 did a great job, but the wingers weren’t an outlet today, as Killie doubled up on them. Main was poor, and didn’t even do a job of keeping the Killie defense occupied.

The pitch played terribly, and combined with the overhead conditions made for a scrappy game, but not the worst to watch.

Echo the comments of others that it was a pretty scrappy game but to go to rugby park and come away with a hard fought point isn’t to be sniffed at. 

Shout out to Ally Gorrin who was absolutely brilliant in midfield. 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

If we had winters like Moscow there might be an argument for them. But we don't. 

And I don't care how much skill you have, nobody can control a ball that drops from waist height and bounces over your head. Or a pass that gets stuck and never reaches you.

(And people did complain about the Champions League pitch - but didn't get as many column inches). 

Hybrid is the way to go if you want plastic under your feet. 

I agree 100%, hybrid is the way to go! However I still maintain that the full 3G pitches are fine IF they are good quality and well kept. Unfortunately Killie, Hamilton and Livvy all seem to have gone for the cheap option when it came to buying their pitch a d they have shown to be pish

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I agree, no reason why we can't finish in top 6.

In the last 19 league games we've conceded 24 goals, 14 of them in 3 games v Old Squirm. Only Livingston (2-0 loss) have scored more than once against us in that time, so in 15 league games only 8 goals conceded, no real defensive problems according to these stats. I know there just stats but we should be confident of making the top 6.

4 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

1 hour ago, ECOSSE1991 said:

I agree, no reason why we can't finish in top 6.

In the last 19 league games we've conceded 24 goals, 14 of them in 3 games v Old Squirm. Only Livingston (2-0 loss) have scored more than once against us in that time, so in 15 league games only 8 goals conceded, no real defensive problems according to these stats. I know there just stats but we should be confident of making the top 6.

sorry to piss on anyones parade , but its certainly not in 'our own hands' , there are five games still to go before the split,

Accies @ Fir Park ,

Hibs @ Easter Rd,

St Johnstone @ Fir Park , 

Aberdeen @ Pittodrie (wed night)

then Rangers @ Fir park

and we need to gain effectively 5 more points ( 4 points 20 goals) more than each of  at least 2 of these Livvy, St Johnstone and Hibs, Hearts.

so we are going to have to rely on others even if we beat Accies Hibs n St Johnstone

12 hours ago, Brazilian said:

sorry to piss on anyones parade , but its certainly not in 'our own hands' , there are five games still to go before the split,

Accies @ Fir Park ,

Hibs @ Easter Rd,

then Rangers @ Fir park

and we need to gain effectively 5 more points ( 4 points 20 goals) more than each of  at least 2 of these Livvy, St Johnstone and Hibs, Hearts.

so we are going to have to rely on others even if we beat Accies Hibs n St Johnstone

Will be a good test to see how far we have really come.

Not putting down the winning run but that's a step up in quality from the likes of Dundee, Livingston and St. Mirren and you'd expect Hibs and Accies to be better than the last time we played them.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Brazilian said:

Accies @ Fir Park ,

Hibs @ Easter Rd,

then Rangers @ Fir park

We are already ahead of Livingston. If we beat St Johnstone, Accies and Hibs we will be ahead of StJohnstone.  So u r right that we do need help but if Hibs fail to beat Rangers on Friday night then it is completely in our hands. Yes, 5 games to play but then other teams would have to rely on us dropping points. I’m not saying that it’s a “gimmie” just that we could do it on our own.........pending Fridays result of course. 

On 3/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, Shaka said:

There is no problem with "plastic pitches" , its just that we are cheapskates buying the shitest product in this country. Most of the worlds biggest and best clubs have at least one they train on in their academies. And you have dozens of teams around Europe that play on them, pretty sure the fucking champions league final in Moscow was a "plastic pitch" and no-one complained.

The 2 issues with such pitches in this country are that we dont have much cash and so need to buy an inferior product. And the pathetic level of technical skill our players have! 

The Champions League final hasnt been played in Moscow since 2008...a plastic pitch was ripped up and a grass one put down specifically for that match