Player and Young Player of the Year

alanos

15 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Turnbull is most responsible for turning the season round than any other person at the club.

For him not to win both awards would be ridiculous.

The turn around in the season has been due to the combination of players (Turnbull, Ariyibi and Hastie), plus guys like Campbell getting back to his best. 

Turnbull has absolutely been one of the best performers, but it's difficult to argue against Tait and Aldred's contribution this season. I can't remember Tait having a bad game this season.

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

The turn around in the season has been due to the combination of players (Turnbull, Ariyibi and Hastie), plus guys like Campbell getting back to his best. 

Turnbull has absolutely been one of the best performers, but it's difficult to argue against Tait and Aldred's contribution this season. I can't remember Tait having a bad game this season.

How about when we won three out of four in October/November when Turnbull came into the team and scored three goals.  Did he combine with Ariyibi and Hastie then?

Facts are Turnbull has been a huge contribution to almost all our wins this season, is our top league scorer, our top league assist provider and clearly the most accomplished player from a technical point of view.

Tait and Aldred might be two of the better performers in the squad but they were part of a team that couldn't win a game and was dire to watch pre Turnbull.

Like I said for Turnbull not to win both awards would be ridiculous considering his own personal performances and the transformative effect he's had on the team in general.

• Like 1

Turnbull first shone when Bigi was played alongside him in Oct/Nov (although Cadden's form in Oct/Nov wasn't too shabby either). 

Tait played well in Oct/Nov too, so not sure how that changes my original point.

As good as Turnbull has been, it's ridiculous to suggest that, in a team game, he was single-handedly responsible for turning our season around. 

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

How about when we won three out of four in October/November when Turnbull came into the team and scored three goals.  Did he combine with Ariyibi and Hastie then?

Facts are Turnbull has been a huge contribution to almost all our wins this season, is our top league scorer, our top league assist provider and clearly the most accomplished player from a technical point of view.

Tait and Aldred might be two of the better performers in the squad but they were part of a team that couldn't win a game and was dire to watch pre Turnbull.

Like I said for Turnbull not to win both awards would be ridiculous considering his own personal performances and the transformative effect he's had on the team in general.

Absolutely spot on!

On 3/16/2019 at 8:52 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

Turnbull is most responsible for turning the season round than any other person at the club.

For him not to win both awards would be ridiculous.

Don't agree, there are several worthy candidates .  I do agree though that he's been very impressive and is therefore my young POTY.  Also a candidate, I admit, for POTY. My choice was Aldred although there are other candidates. They are two different kinds of players and in that respect its hard to compare them. In the main, its what Turnbull does on the ball and his  goals that gets him noticed and thats not surprising.   Aldred is a different kind of player and, with the exception of his match winning brace at Hamilton, its what he stops or prevents that is his strength. In years to come no-one will recall his crucial role in stopping opposition strikers from scoring in individual games. The statistics will not record that.   My point is that there are several worthy candidates for POTY and posters are not being ridiculous if they hold different views to yourself.