SPFL Reserve League Cup final

Busta Nut

I know there is a thread for the reserves but I don't think this is getting enough attention.

Why is nobody questioning the venue?

I can't even see anything from the club on this. Surely the venue should be truly neutral? If there was a decision made before the start of the tourney the way they do with the European finals then fair enough. Again I can only see it being decided on Tynecastle after the semi final round.

As little interest I have in reserve football I can't really believe there has been almost no mention of this. Am I missing something? Has it been questioned?

I can't help but feel something fishy is goin on.

I'm old enough to remember us playing a reserve cup final against Celtic at Fir Park in the late 80s, so it has definitely happened before.

The only explanation I can think of is they think they will get a bigger attendance if they play it at the home ground of one of the teams taking part(???)

Does seem unfair, but I will be going regardless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

The only explanation I can think of is they think they will get a bigger attendance if they play it at the home ground of one of the teams taking part(???)

I suspect you're right but the SFA should have made this clear. However an early kick off will not help.

Final score two nil to the Jambos.

Still, an achievement to get to a final and looked like a young side. All about learning from the experienced  and pushing on to improve and develop as players. Silverwear would have been nice, but not the end of the world.

yep i was a wee bit disappointed tonight. all this development talk that goes on . what about trying to win all the time. we were getting beat 2-0 and no change in formation takes danny johnson off and same type of play. semple has the look and confidence to be a player but was far too deep. the young num 8 looked most determined to me . but as everyone says they are only young. morrison of hearts was stand out easily

I've only got the two Irn Bru cup games earlier in the season to compare them to, but the team definitely appear to have regressed since then based on the evidence of tonight. I get that it is difficult to be overly critical of such a young side though.  I agree it was disappointing we didn't really change to a more attacking formation after going behind.

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I've only got the two Irn Bru cup games earlier in the season to compare them to, but the team definitely appear to have regressed since then based on the evidence of tonight. I get that it is difficult to be overly critical of such a young side though.  I agree it was disappointing we didn't really change to a more attacking formation after going behind.

Very different teams so I wouldn't compare to be honest.