2018/19 Game 32: Aberdeen (A)April 3rd 7.45pm kick off

Yabba's Turd

Put it this way.  Accies went up there and won between a 5-0 pumping off Rangers and a 3-0 pumping off us.

Aberdeen have won 2 out of their last 8 matches.  The goals they conceded against Hearts were a joke.

We can totally go up there and get something but I was a bit concerned by the almost 'end of season' feel to the match on Saturday. 

Hope we can stay motivated with Top 6 more or less done now.

Agree it’s likely not going to happen but it’s still possible. So hopefully we go out on Wednesday all fired up. If we can win at Aberdeen and Hibs get beat by Killie then we go into the last game At least with a chance of still making it.  I did mention on another thread how great it would be if we could beat rangers in the last game before  the split to make it into the top 6 :clapping:COYW. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I would start Frear and rest Hastie,.  Never thought I would be suggesting frear starts but he done Well on Saturday

I think Robinson is unlikely to change a winning team but if he does I would agree with this. Introducing a fresh Hastie & Cadden with 30 minutes to go vs a tiring defence could be the difference.

Considering our form earlier in the season I'm absolutely buzzing that we even have a small chance of getting top 6 at this point in the season.

Aberdeen's form has been honking at home so this isn't as hard a prospect as it once was. I honestly don't think it's that much of a stretch us going up there and winning. Killie now have their sights set on second place, I would suggest they will go to Easter Road and get atleast a draw. Us and Killie winning could quite easily happen based on recent form, clearly we are reaching somewhat but it's realistic.

Anyway, IF results on Wednesday go our way I am fairly confident for Sunday. Rangers are in pieces just now with various players out, I can really see them slipping up further.  I'd back us in a one-off game at home against most at the moment.

Regardless of what happens in the next two games the transformation after the Scottish Cup game has been tremendous. I was one of the many who wanted shot of Robinson and I am pleased to say he has well and truly proved me wrong. Embracing a new style of play and introducing our youngsters has totally changed things at Fir Park. Given we will have nothing to play for after the split I would love us to continue to blood more youngsters and build towards next season.

I  missed the start of the stream - is that Joe Harper on the commentary, reminiscing about his games in the 70s against Will McVie, Joe Wark and Gregor Stevens?

The stat they quoted was interesting. In the 8 games Robinson has been in charge against Aberdeen, there hasn't been one where both teams scored.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I  missed the start of the stream - is that Joe Harper on the commentary, reminiscing about his games in the 70s against Will McVie, Joe Wark and Gregor Stevens?

I've got the sound off, but yes, it's Joe Harper.