Post Split Fixtures

Kmcalpin

Presumably we will be awarded 3 home games and 2 away to balance fixtures out.  We're then due to meet Dundee and St Mirren at home and Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone away.  So, it would seem that one of the latter three will travel to Fir Park to make up our 19 home games. Thats the theory anyway.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Presumably we will be awarded 3 home games and 2 away to balance fixtures out.  We're then due to meet Dundee and St Mirren at home and Accies, Livingston and St Johnstone away.  So, it would seem that one of the latter three will travel to Fir Park to make up our 19 home games. Thats the theory anyway.

I believe the thought process of the SPFL is...

Rangers have to play Celtic, it has to be at Ibrox, it can’t be the midweek game and it can’t be the week Celtic are likely to seal the title....

Then throw out 29 other fixtures wherever whenever, doesn’t really matter.

Was made abundantly clear last year when they announced the location, date, time and broadcaster of that game before the top 6 was even confirmed.

If the SPFL is doing its job then Accies, Dundee and St Mirren should have their fixtures arranged so that they have played everyone in the bottom 6 twice at home and twice away over the season. Then there can be no allegations of bias or unfairness to a particular club in the relegation dog fight. If we are to get an extra home fixture against someone surely it has to be Livi or St Johnstone. But it is the organisers of Scottish football so I wouldn't bank on it.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sinjy said:

If the SPFL is doing its job then Accies, Dundee and St Mirren should have their fixtures arranged so that they have played everyone in the bottom 6 twice at home and twice away over the season. Then there can be no allegations of bias or unfairness to a particular club in the relegation dog fight. If we are to get an extra home fixture against someone surely it has to be Livi or St Johnstone. But it is the organisers of Scottish football so I wouldn't bank on it.

Agreed although I will be a bit peeved that I don't get the second home game away from home for ease and cheapness.  

A spokesman said: “Work has begun to prepare the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture schedule for 2017/18.

“This work will include consultations with Police Scotland and discussions with Sky Sports and BT Sport regarding live broadcast selections.

“It is expected that the post-split fixture schedule will be published early next week.”

10 hours ago, weeyin said:

A spokesman said: “Work has begun to prepare the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture schedule for 2017/18.

“This work will include consultations with Police Scotland and discussions with Sky Sports and BT Sport regarding live broadcast selections.

“It is expected that the post-split fixture schedule will be published early next week.”

I can tell them what the 2017/18 fixtures should be and if anybody fancies a wee flutter I can predict the scores for you too. 

• Like 1

According to twitter (can't remember who said it), The top/bottom 6 split was as expected based on last season's positions so all teams should have an even split of home & away fixtures.

Only the 2nd time this has happened since the split became a thing apparently.

Once again the Old Firm will inconvenience every other club  as the  fixtures will only  be worked  out  after the weekend  because  they  will not want  Celtic winning the league in the game  against  Rangers. If it was  not for this we could have  them by tomorrow  and clubs could plan hospitality  sponsorship etc well in advance .

Can only hope that St midden stay up  rather than our diddy neighbors.........think that Dundee are  all but gone and they will be hoping for Accies at Dens  in the opening  pre split fixture  to try and get back into the mix

accies and their plastic pitch and support offer nothing to our top league