2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, Brazilian said:

around 50 appearances for your club , strange question.

Good luck to the man sorting out his problems,

I think you know I was referring to his stint this season

5 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Can I say midfield...?

While typing I tried to word it to avoid that answer, but failed, I realise you were embarrassed when you typed your response but I obviously had left it open for you.

After today's game I think its become clear , if it wasn't before, that we're going to need a whole new strikeforce. Sammon will leave at the end of his loan period.  Danny Johnson just doesn't fit our current style of play. Main, who was unhappy today at being left out of the squad will be offski and James Scott is not ready for first team football yet -  a spell out on loan in the Championship will do him a lot of good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

After today's game I think its become clear , if it wasn't before, that we're going to need a whole new strikeforce. Sammon will leave at the end of his loan period.  Danny Johnson just doesn't fit our current style of play. Main, who was unhappy today at being left out of the squad will be offski and James Scott is not ready for first team football yet -  a spell out on loan in the Championship will do him a lot of good. 

Yep, in truth we’ve struggled all season. Sammon was a mistake, Johnson can’t make the step up, I understand the calls for Scott but he’s nowhere near ready yet and may not even make the grade. Like others I  admire Main and the work he does but he won’t be cheap and regardless of all that work and his ability to bring others in to play a striker still needs to score goals and that’s not him. Tanner, we don’t know at this point. 

13 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Disappointed it’s Rangers and for me not a great move development wise but I would imagine he’s gone from earning average money to mega bucks so not a huge surprise. If he stays at Rangers I suspect he’s going to struggle and get lost before being loaned out but time will tell. Still a bit of a one trick pony and pretty easy to work out how to neutralise his effectiveness for any half decent coach but if coached correctly they will work on that and he has the benefit of power and pace. Not going to throw abuse at the lad because if I was his age i’m sure I would be just as tempted. Good luck to him in his future career.

Poor show from club letting him slip through into hands of sevco. Sure he will score a few at fir park playing forv themVery poor judgement in not sorting contract while at Alloa. Worst team he could have signed for. And hope they pay up as rumours suggesting the sevco could go under again.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, robsterwood said:

Poor show from club letting him slip through into hands of sevco. Sure he will score a few at fir park playing forv themVery poor judgement in not sorting contract while at Alloa. Worst team he could have signed for. And hope they pay up as rumours suggesting the sevco could go under again.

Give it a rest...We know your the only one who noticed and all the professional coaches failed at 2 clubs to spot how good he is. He was decent at Alloa and was doing them a good turn but, no one not even you, had any clue that he would have made such an impact as he did. If they did do you think for a second the club would not have tied him down with a longer contract?? So it wasnt poor judgement at all it was a measured judgement on his performance up until that time. If you look at his performance 23 games for alloa and 3 goals. Before that with Airdrie 32 appearances and 3 goals. So that's 55 appearances and 6 goals about the same he scored in half a season when he got a start in January. If he wasnt scoring mega goals in the championship and league 1 then how can you say it was poor judgement. Ridiculous comment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Give it a rest...We know your the only one who noticed and all the professional coaches failed at 2 clubs to spot how good he is. He was decent at Alloa and was doing them a good turn but, no one not even you, had any clue that he would have made such an impact as he did. If they did do you think for a second the club would not have tied him down with a longer contract?? So it wasnt poor judgement at all it was a measured judgement on his performance up until that time.

Allo manager was on record as saying he will play for much bigger club than the well. Suppose rant over now that its happend and he now doesnt matter to me. Def negligent though by our club. Alloa doin ok without him though.

1 minute ago, robsterwood said:

Allo manager was on record as saying he will play for much bigger club than the well. Suppose rant over now that its happend and he now doesnt matter to me. Def negligent though by our club. Alloa doin ok without him though.

and in that comment he may have been correct, but again the club were looking to develop him for another year or so. I would imagine he would have been offered a reasonable contract at the end of the year. However, and again I say not one person predicted he would have made such an impact. NO ONE....so its NOT poor judgement or negligent...ridiculous comment

12 minutes ago, Well Well said:

and in that comment he may have been correct, but again the club were looking to develop him for another year or so. I would imagine he would have been offered a reasonable contract at the end of the year. However, and again I say not one person predicted he would have made such an impact. NO ONE....so its NOT poor judgement or negligent...ridiculous comment

I disagree but rants over. Interesting stats you gave though. Im only basing judgement on times ive seen him at Alloa and reserve/ well games. I do think also that he would have been given reasonable terms earlier but will never know when that was offered or how much. Sevco be a force next season with jordan jones and hastie.

The whole hastie situation has become boring,I'm glad its over with and we can take the compensation and move on and plan ahead for next season.he should be told thanks and allowed to watch the remaining games from the stand and give somebody else some game time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mfc said:

The whole hastie situation has become boring,I'm glad its over with and we can take the compensation and move on and plan ahead for next season.he should be told thanks and allowed to watch the remaining games from the stand and give somebody else some game time.

I have a feeling that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

• Like 1

Sorry jake but you could sink without a trace at that club . Three bad games and the masses will want rid of you. They are the people who want to buy any other scottish clubs players who the papers bum up cause they cant afford good english ones.,just like what they used to do.  Remember.

Dont say u werent warned Jake six good games doesnt make u a player.

• Thanks 1

The Hastie saga has now reached the beyond boring stage. He seems to have made his decision and, had it been anyone other than the ugly sisters of Scottish football, I might have been inclined to wish him good luck in his career.

As far as compensation goes, you know they will pay the absolute minimum they have to and no doubt try and wrangle a lower price by going to a tribunal if that Is an option in this situation. 

No blame on anyone at Fir Park. We offer our young talent the opportunity to develop and move on. If they choose to look elsewhere then that is up to them. The fact that many see the benefit in this, and sign on, shows that it is a system that works.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The African said:

The Hastie saga has now reached the beyond boring stage. He seems to have made his decision and, had it been anyone other than the ugly sisters of Scottish football, I might have been inclined to wish him good luck in his career.

As far as compensation goes, you know they will pay the absolute minimum they have to and no doubt try and wrangle a lower price by going to a tribunal if that Is an option in this situation. 

No blame on anyone at Fir Park. We offer our young talent the opportunity to develop and move on. If they choose to look elsewhere then that is up to them. The fact that many see the benefit in this, and sign on, shows that it is a system that works.

Yip. If he goes to Rangers, they will take it to a tribunal and come out with all their usual tricks like articles by friendly journalists to try and influence the fee.

4 hours ago, robsterwood said:

Yawn

• Thanks 1

• David locked this topic