2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

10 hours ago, stv said:

Sorry jake but you could sink without a trace at that club . Three bad games and the masses will want rid of you. They are the people who want to buy any other scottish clubs players who the papers bum up cause they cant afford good english ones.,just like what they used to do.  Remember.

Dont say u werent warned Jake six good games doesnt make u a player.

I would have loved Hastie to be here next season but putting the claret and amber specs aside Jake Hastie can have a nice house paid off, have a good standard of life and have a big whack in the pension scheme/life savings regardless of him ever making an appearance for Rangers. 

And even if it's a worst case scenario for him, he'll still be young enough to get another shot at at least a Motherwell level football career.

As much as I wish it wasn't it's a no brainer for him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Del_Superwell said:

Contract is up in the summer but not long back from a few months out injured for Partick, seems to starting regularly enough for them now.

I had noticed that, just wondered if he had a future with us, he is not being quoted.

9 hours ago, Del_Superwell said:

Contract is up in the summer but not long back from a few months out injured for Partick, seems to starting regularly enough for them now.

He was out since mid August and just back end of March. Really bad injury and a shame it wasted his season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get another to prove his worth as he was one marked as a good prospect.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, numpty said:

Heard a rumour that his dad really doesn't want him to go there, so wonder if that's what's the hold-up has really been...

its not his dad, the boy couldv went to England, but he is a mummys boy so he is still on the diddy  and picked them so he could still live at home or in the area

good luck with living in carfin with a new car,,, and signing for rangurs 

My only concern now is money we receive from Sevco. I can see a long drawn out process with them offering 50 grand and going to the inept SFA commitee to decide how much . Even at that i can see em trying to pay in instalments. Dont EVER give Sevco credit on their bills. Ask the caterers and all the other staff still out of pocket. As for Hastie thanks for the 10 minutes you've contributed. We move on.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

My only concern now is money we receive from Sevco. I can see a long drawn out process with them offering 50 grand and going to the inept SFA commitee to decide how much .

This is what was going through my head.

Its Rangers' prerogative to table whatever value, but its the latter which concerns me. Not filled with confidence that the SFA won't short-change us.

Good luck to Hastie at Rangers, should that be his chosen destination. It’s disappointing to lose him at this stage but you can’t blame any talented youngster moving to a bigger club if they have a genuine shot at first team action. 

I’m now more interested in seeing who will be the next youth product to nail their spot in the first team as I don’t envisage Scott, Maguire and Livingston being regulars. I’ve only seen Semple for Scotland youth teams and that was some time ago, is he the hottest prospect for 2019/20? 

His career could very well go the same way as Paul Slane's. He signed for Celtic in a blaze of publicity.  After only playing 1 game he was hawked out on loan to MK Dons, Partick Thistle and Ayr Utd.  Last seen playing in 2017 playing at Clyde!! Now finished!!

Be careful what you wish for.

15 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

My only concern now is money we receive from Sevco. I can see a long drawn out process with them offering 50 grand and going to the inept SFA commitee to decide how much . Even at that i can see em trying to pay in instalments. Dont EVER give Sevco credit on their bills. Ask the caterers and all the other staff still out of pocket. As for Hastie thanks for the 10 minutes you've contributed. We move on.

Is there not a pre-set formula for these kind of fees?

There are rules for the criteria to be used and each of these will require a fee within a certain range. With around half a dozen criteria there could be quite a range of fee applicable. 

Expect the usual public relations push from rangers to try to lower the expectations of fee due. Remember, £400k is our take on things.

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

its not his dad, the boy couldv went to England, but he is a mummys boy so he is still on the diddy  and picked them so he could still live at home or in the area

good luck with living in carfin with a new car,,, and signing for rangurs 

That's one of the more embarrassing posts I've read on here, and that's saying something.

• Like 3

How the tables have turned. While I'm not glad he's moved on and think if he'd maybe opted for something closer to Andy Robertson's career path then he may have had an option for greater things. I certainly don't wish him any ill will as long as he's mature and respectful to where he got his grounding and boost up from.

However I find the level of double standards by posters on here astounding. If you had a chance to quadruple your salary, albeit it in a more competitive environment would you stay where you are? I sincerely fucking doubt it. So because he's a footballer there has to be a loyalty? Players with the very odd exception are mercenaries, its a short career and they have to make hay while the sun is shining. The planets have aligned for him, partly through good luck and party through hard work and endeavour.

All those wishing him failure will and bringing up Slane, yeah I'm sure he's not oblivious to the stories and I'm sure he also recognises that a purple patch has earned him this move along with his contract status (which I doubt anyone at Motherwell would have had the foresight to foresee, we've had as many duds as inspired extensions). He plays alongside Cadden and after his performances in the playoff's I wonder if he rue's signing a contract extension opposed to moving on then or the season after for more money which he could have inevitably done. 

• Like 2

I think it's more about the disappointment of losing a player to one of the bigot brothers. I imagine most fans would be happy to see him succeed if he was moving to almost any other club, but don't want anyone to succeed with that mob. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cadden move on in the summer, but at least from his interviews, he seems to have been quite happy sticking with us. Despite the fact that it feels like has been around forever, it's easy to forget Cadden is only 22.

• Like 1

I suspect most if not all the negativity is because of his likely destination. Still to be officially confirmed but if it is Rangers then that angers most of us.  Simply because we don’t want him to be a success there and more so for them to reap a bigger windfall as a result.  Edit - weeyin beat me to it

If he went down south virtually all would be wishing him well with his future. 

I also believe that the club are quite happy with this outcome assuming we get nearer the reported £400k in compensation due. 

If I recall 60% or so of a transfer fee goes to our former owners. It may apply to compensation from Hastie but I doubt it. So for the club to get a similar amount from a transfer it would have to be near enough £1m !

Of course if we do take in £1m from McKinstry, Hastie and Cadden i hope we may opt to pay some outstanding monies if we can afford too. 

32 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I hate the "short career" stuff.

They can get back into work after 35, down another path.

Exactly.  The game has expanded to such an extent these days that any player who wants to stay a part of it can find a job in some capacity. Just look at the number of coaches a club like ours employs as part of Project Brave.

Good luck in sevco reserves jake

I doubt we’ll get much cash off Scotland’s shame but we may get him back on loan at some point.

As much as I really liked him when he came in, he brought a real energy to the team, I can’t help but think defenders started sussing him out as time went on and became a bit of a one trick pony? Just my opinion.

anyway, he’s not the first young player to have his head turned by money and the allure of the bigot brothers and he’ll not be the last.

cest la vie

1 hour ago, mio said:

As much as I really liked him when he came in, he brought a real energy to the team, I can’t help but think defenders started sussing him out as time went on and became a bit of a one trick pony? Just my opinion.

Agreed I think the same, if you watch him, he always wants to cut inside, reminds me of another former well favourite and his new team mate, Jamie Murphy, so defenders just show him down the line and he is not so effective.

• David locked this topic