2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

32 minutes ago, Ross said:

Ousmane fane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly ticks the boxes for our regular transfer strategy.

Big. Check.

Worked with Robinson in the past. Check.

Out of the game with bad injury. Check.

Something to prove. Check.

13 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

His surname with the accent above the e ...... Fané, offers a plethora of one liners, chants and choice shouts if he does sign. I can't wait.

I believe it is actually pronounced Fané as in rhymes with plane, but everyone in UK will inevitably end up calling him Fané as in rhymes with fanny. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

His surname with the accent above the e ...... Fané, offers a plethora of one liners, chants and choice shouts if he does sign. I can't wait.

I'm worried about how I'm going to inform my 7 year old of his signing. "who's the new player da?" :ninja:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48066166

Jake Hastie: Rangers' Steven Gerrard admits 'an interest' in Motherwell winger

Sharethis page
Motherwell's Jake Hastie skips away from Rangers' Glen Kamara
Jake Hastie (left) has impressed this season, including against Rangers

Steven Gerrard has confirmed that Rangers are attempting to sign Motherwell winger Jake Hastie.

The 20-year-old will be a free agent this summer and a report this week claimed he has agreed a pre-contract to sign a four-year deal with Rangers.

Motherwell would be due a development fee for the player.

"It's no secret that there's an interest there," manager Gerrard said. "But, until we get it complete, there's nothing really to say."

Motherwell had offered Hastie, who has scored 11 goals in 41 appearances during his first full season, a contract extension.

But manager Stephen Robinson believes he has already agreed to join another club.

"Jake won't be signing for me," Robinson said. "I believe he has signed for another club, but it's not for me to announce that - I will leave that to other people."

The Motherwell manager was more forthcoming when asked about 19-year-old midfielder David Turnbull winning five awards - including player and young player of the year - at the club's annual dinner.

Turnbull - also in his first full season - has scored 11 times in 30 appearances.

"For me, he is the young player of the year in Scotland, never mind Motherwell," Robinson said. "He's improved on the defensive side, he's got fitter, he's got stronger. The talent he had was always there.

"He's caught everybody's attention. People are speaking very highly of him, a lot of people are looking at him and he deserves his recognition."

3 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

So it would appear that no-one has actually told Robbo. Maybe the club hasn't been officially told either.  Different attitude to Gary Holt.

Robbo knows *exactly* what is going on. He's just making a point.

21 minutes ago, johnstone said:

If the figure of 11k a week is true then I am not going to hold anything against Hastie making the move as I would do the exact same if I was in his position. 

The figure is a lot less than that probably circa £4k per week.  Our best offer was also considerably higher than that which has been quoted on this forum ie £800 per week.  

I bear Jake Hastie no ill will. He is exercising his legal right to move on and we should exercise our legal right not to select him for the remaining games.   I do however feel that he led our fans up the garden path a bit with his public quote that he wanted to stay at Fir Park and hoped to sign within the next fortnight.  That was before his head was turned. At the start of my career I was told to be nice to people on the way up as you may need their help on the way back down.  Thats still as true as it ever was and he should heed that.  I will not be barracking him if he is selected  and I hope our support doesn't either.  

1 minute ago, ropy said:

He probably said what he believed at the time, the facts then changed. Why are we benching him and not any of the other players that wont be with us next season?

Maybe because his form dipped a couple of weeks ago. I'd actually have benched him a game or two sooner.

• David locked this topic