2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

Don’t want to take anything away from a great team performance today. However, although he didn’t play too bad I honestly don’t see much of a future for Cadds, absolutely love him but watching today he was the only player that I seen didn’t have too much of an influence on the match and think we could sell him on or compo and get someone else better in. As a local lad and being Scottish we’d all prefer him over English players but I think we’ve took him as far as we can and for both parties it’s better he goes onto better himself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Don’t want to take anything away from a great team performance today. However, although he didn’t play too bad I honestly don’t see much of a future for Cadds, absolutely love him but watching today he was the only player that I seen didn’t have too much of an influence on the match and think we could sell him on or compo and get someone else better in. As a local lad and being Scottish we’d all prefer him over English players but I think we’ve took him as far as we can and for both parties it’s better he goes onto better himself.

He was free on the wing the whole game today making great runs but grimmy tried to dribble through the whole Dundee ream and didny pass to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Ross said:

He was free on the wing the whole game today making great runs but grimmy tried to dribble through the whole Dundee ream and didny pass to him

I hope we keep Cadden. Was making goodnoff the ball runs.  Looks really strong running with the ball. He went through a tough spell but since he came back it looks like the layoff has benefitted him. 

• Like 2

I wish Hastie had stayed so we could have had potentially at least 6 of our own players in the line up. Still having 5 appear today is quite the feat when you think back to a lot of conversations on here. I’m not familiar with other Scottish teams any more but I have to think none of the other clubs come close ??

So in his pre-match interview Robbo mentioned 1 player offered lower terms based on appearances, 2 offered the same money and 3 offered improvements. Anyone know who's who?

I assumed McHugh for reduced, Frear and Main for same and Cadds, Gorrin and Aldred (is he free this summer from Bury?)

Sadly Johnson released as I don't think he did anything wrong other than need to play with a strike partner.

51 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

So in his pre-match interview Robbo mentioned 1 player offered lower terms based on appearances, 2 offered the same money and 3 offered improvements. Anyone know who's who?

I assumed McHugh for reduced, Frear and Main for same and Cadds, Gorrin and Aldred (is he free this summer from Bury?)

Sadly Johnson released as I don't think he did anything wrong other than need to play with a strike partner.

I thought maybe Craig Tanner for the lower terms offer.

21 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Would they be offering anything to Tanner at this point ?

From the comments Tanner has made on the match commentary in the past few months it sounded like they were preparing him for next season, but of course, that doesn't mean it will happen.

Don't think any of the offers will be referring to Aldred. He is currently not contracted to us. I would be surprised if there have not been conversations, and I would hope that he would be made an offer if and when he becomes a free agent. Then it is up to him. I would imagine that's will have a few options though, based on his performances for us.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

From the comments Tanner has made on the match commentary in the past few months it sounded like they were preparing him for next season, but of course, that doesn't mean it will happen.

If his body can take the strain, I'd be tempted to offer Tanner a one year deal and look to loan him out to a Championship side until January. At least give him a chance to play Dundee twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ross said:

I do value that point but he’s a full Scottish internationalist and struggles to really impact games, the only thing he really has in his corner is that he is a local lad. Not that I don’t rate him as he is one of my favourite players at the club for his sheer passion for the club but I simply don’t see the big fuss with him anymore he’s 22, not a youngster anymore. Let him flourish down south and make us some extra dough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wellowell said:

I heard today Frear was offered less and is definitely leaving .

If we lose Frear on top of Hastie and Ariyibi, it's going to be a big challenge to find players for a 2-winger system next season.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

If we lose Frear on top of Hastie and Ariyibi, it's going to be a big challenge to find players for a 2-winger system next season.

Indeed. Particularly given Robinson's interview when he made it clear his system will always be dictated by the players he's able to bring in. Wouldn't be astounded to see a return to 352 next season....

Just now, MelvinBragg said:

Indeed. Particularly given Robinson's interview when he made it clear his system will always be dictated by the players he's able to bring in. Wouldn't be astounded to see a return to 352 next season....

Which would, at least, give Danny Johnson a second chance.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Add to that Gorrin, Turnbull, Cadden and McHugh possibly departing it could leave us short in the middle of the park. That said, Polwarth can play wide. 

For me...

Frear - at 28, happy for him to seek pastures new. Hes never really hit any form for any decent length of time. I like the lad but time for something new. 

McHugh - Also happy for him to seek employment elsewhere. Did really well and what we needed his first season. But realistically hes not good enough at this level to be a midfielder or defender. A liability red card wise too 

Main - I'm 50/50. I've been  a fan, not so much at the moment. We  want carry a striker who doesn't score goals is my view, I think.

Tanner, Mbulu - Depending on fitness...maybe keep both if it's not costing much.

Cadden, Turnbull, Aldred - I would like to keep. Think we will get 1 of them if lucky.

4 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

If we go back to the  352 formation they can stick it , football has been great of late but I’m waiting till the transfer window closes before I decide on renewing my season ticket.  I’d rather nail ma baws tae the floor than go along and watch hoofball again.

• Like 2

Just now, postiejim said:

If we go back to the  352 formation they can stick it , football has been great of late but I’m waiting till the transfer window closes before I decide on renewing my season ticket.  I’d rather nail ma baws tae the floor than go along and watch hoofball again.

Renew your season ticket Jim and it will help to bring in a better calibre of player.

• Like 1

• David locked this topic