2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

30 minutes ago, Burn_Broomfield said:

It is also worth noting how much of a basket case the EFL is.  More than half the Clubs are operating on unsustainable budgets based entirely on loans/debt (much like Rangers and Dundee).  Looking at the financial statistics, I would be surprised if we are not fast approaching the point of no return when it comes to the EFL in terms of a widespread collapse of the Clubs involved in it.  Had the latest Sky Sports deal not been forced through, much to chagrin of the biggest sides in the Championship like Villa and Leeds, the financial collapse of some clubs would have been greatly accelerated.  So many are teetering on the brink through obscene financial mismanagement and gambling on promotion that it will eventually bit them on the arse.

Bolton Wanderers?

49 minutes ago, Burn_Broomfield said:

So many are teetering on the brink through obscene financial mismanagement and gambling on promotion that it will eventually bit them on the arse.

Much as I'd like that to be the case (not that I want clubs to fold, I just want to see an end to ludicrous sums of money being thrown around), folk have been telling me this for a lot longer than they've been assuring me The Rangers are just about to go into administration again. And yet, they all keep rolling right along...

Dundee defender Darren O’Dea to become youth coach at Motherwell

by Reporter
© SNSDarren O'Dea.
Darren O'Dea.

Dundee central defender Darren O’Dea is set to become the new coach of Motherwell’s under-18s.

The retiring former Dark Blues’ captain announced recently that he would be hanging up his boots come the end of the season to pursue a career in coaching.

The 32-year-old ex-Celtic star is preparing to join the Fir Park club in a bid to bring on their next crop of stars.

The Steelemen have produced rising stars such as Jake Hastie, David Tunrbull and Chris Cadden in recent years and hope to build a future golden generation.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/890982/dundee-defender-darren-odea-to-become-youth-coach-at-motherwell/

10 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Think the reasoning given is self explanatory and not of the keyboard coaching type as made out.

I'm not saying there isn't a good reason - there often is - I just haven't seen anyone say what it is. Did I miss it?

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

I'm not saying there isn't a good reason - there often is - I just haven't seen anyone say what it is. Did I miss it?

Don’t know what it is but I suspect (if I’m reading things correctly) that if someone posted any allegations they would be in trouble - so those who think they know ain’t saying. 

6 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

All being well Inverness will make it past Dundee Utd which would give him three further games as Caley player to use up any suspensions in.

That's true. I wasn't considering the play-off "final".

8 hours ago, weeyin said:

Because reasons, apparently.

(What's tomorrow's word on your calendar?)

Tbh I was steaming and being a dick for no reason, sorry about that.  Still no idea where "milquetoast" came from, mind.

25 minutes ago, superward said:

Chucking it out there. Who would have Bigi back at end of the season? Would he perhaps fit well in the new formation?

If you mean the new formation with 2 wingers, I don't think there would be room for him and Turnbull in the same team.  (Although I thought that when they played together for a brief spell towards the end of 2018, it worked quite well).

• Like 1

• David locked this topic