2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I see folk upset at him leaving on Twitter. I dunno if he was any good.

Hastie leaves, and people get upset because he is giving up the chance of first team football.

Gordon leaves to take up the chance of regular first team football and people get upset.

Twitter is just a pool of constant seethe.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I see folk upset at him leaving on Twitter. I dunno if he was any good.

Like you, no idea if he would be good enough. Don't imagine he'd have been on a kings ransom though and at a point where our contracted midfielders next season are Campbell, Grimshaw, Turnbull and Polworth, could maybe have given him a year's contract and if in pre season and the league cup games, he didn't look up to it then loaning him out for next season til his contract ran out would have been an option. 

Certainly should be a lot of scope in the wage budget the way things are going...

TBH, it sounds like he's better off at Thistle, as he seems to be a first team starter. Of course we could have re-signed him and loaned him out, but I imagine Robinson has other ideas about who he wants to bring in to bolster the midfield.

21 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Quite like him and been good this season, but hardly irreplaceable.

Yes, I am an admirer, but we have not done badly out of the loan deal and if he sees his future elsewhere then good luck to him. We have had a very decent season and a half from him which is more than we have managed from a fair few permanent deals.

27 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Posts on P & B quoting a Scott Mullen tweet that Aldred, McHugh and Gorrin are all offski.  No surprises there then.  Allan Campbell has been offered a new deal. 

BBC reporting same.

The content of your post is pretty much the extent of the BBC article.

I'll be sorry to see Aldred leave. He's given us his all while he's been here. The rest were to be expected. It'll be interesting to see where Cadden sees his future. I think he needs change of scenery and a fresh start.

• Like 1

Aldred has been our best defender in his time here but we've conceded 3 or more goals 9 times this league season and Aldred played in all but one of them. 

As I've said before the defence needs a complete re-work.

This summer needs to be a rip it up and start again one.

Gallagher is coming in, we need another starter centre back.

2 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Aldred has been our best defender in his time here but we've conceded 3 or more goals 9 times this league season and Aldred played in all but one of them. 

As I've said before the defence needs a complete re-work.

This summer needs to be a rip it up and start again one.

Gallagher is coming in, we need another starter centre back.

Hopefully Maguire.

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Hopefully Maguire.

I don't see it though as he's not featured.

The thing about it though was the 1 match he did play, despite it being one of the worst team performances of the season, I thought he was our best player that day.

• David locked this topic