2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

Interesting we’re looking to extend Campbell’s deal, still got another 2 years and his current deal expires just before his 23rd birthday so we’d get decent compo if he moved on then.

Love Campbell though so hope he extends it. 

1 hour ago, gee said:

Interesting we’re looking to extend Campbell’s deal, still got another 2 years and his current deal expires just before his 23rd birthday so we’d get decent compo if he moved on then.

Love Campbell though so hope he extends it. 

I suspect it it to give him better terms as a valuable first team player rather than to extend his contract, but a bit of both would be good. In terms of protecting us for his development fee, I have a feeling we won’t be extending it.

I think I saw somewhere that Robinson was hoping to get business done early so I hope that’s the case for both out going and incoming, especially for Turnbull. Would be a big blow going into the season if we lost him at the last minute. Would be great to have settled squad and have them working together from day 1. 

This is pretty left field and just a suggestion due to watching him a few times. Local lad PJ Crossan who plays for Celtic, Striker/ Winger and only 20 so still scope for improvement. Was highly thought of at Dunfermline but after signing for Celtic for 200k and a few loan spells he’s been released. Also noticed over the last few seasons we’ve nicked a few of Celtics released players such as Bowers and Watson. Something to think about I guess.

I get annoyed that we are always coming out to press saying we are a selling club and players will move....you never hear st j...killie etc coming out with comments like that.   We know we are a selling club but don't see why we need to broadcast it

5 hours ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

Martin Grehan

Motherwell sign Junior strike ace

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has signed striker Martin Grehan from Junior side Dundonald Bluebell.

Grehan, who hit 32 goals in 33 games for Dundonald last season as they won promotion from the Central League, impressed McGhee during a trial spell.

"It's great to sign for a club like Motherwell," Grehan, 23, told Motherwell's official website.

"It's a big thing to come from Juniors straight to the top level of the senior game but I'm hoping to make an impact."

"I've been here on trial for a few months and all the lads have been really good with me."

It's great to sign for a club like Motherwell 
Motherwell striker Martin Grehan

Motherwell legend Dougie Arnott also came through the Junior game before turning professional.

"Hopefully I can have a similar impact," said Grehan.

Meanwhile, Well defender Danny Murphy has agreed to extend his loan spell with First Division side Dunfermline until the end of January.

Story from BBC SPORT:

3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I get annoyed that we are always coming out to press saying we are a selling club and players will move....you never hear st j...killie etc coming out with comments like that.   We know we are a selling club but don't see why we need to broadcast it

We broadcast it, because it helps us attract players to the club that may, otherwise, not be interested in coming to Scotland. If you listen to guys like Aldred and Moult speaking, they had no idea what SPFL football was all about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:
Motherwell sign Junior strike ace

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee has signed striker Martin Grehan from Junior side Dundonald Bluebell.

Grehan, who hit 32 goals in 33 games for Dundonald last season as they won promotion from the Central League, impressed McGhee during a trial spell.

"It's great to sign for a club like Motherwell," Grehan, 23, told Motherwell's official website.

"It's a big thing to come from Juniors straight to the top level of the senior game but I'm hoping to make an impact."

"I've been here on trial for a few months and all the lads have been really good with me."

It's great to sign for a club like Motherwell 
Motherwell striker Martin Grehan

Motherwell legend Dougie Arnott also came through the Junior game before turning professional.

"Hopefully I can have a similar impact," said Grehan.

Meanwhile, Well defender Danny Murphy has agreed to extend his loan spell with First Division side Dunfermline until the end of January.

Story from BBC SPORT:

??????? 

40 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Is Fané a definite or was he just here training with us in order to get fit again after a bad injury, a favour from his former Oldham boss Robinson?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Guess it was to assess him aswell and he did kinda say it was a defensive midfielder so fits the bill pretty well and the coaching staff got a chance to look at him before making a decision after a broken leg and not playing this season.

52 minutes ago, Haggischomper said:

Is Fané a definite or was he just here training with us in order to get fit again after a bad injury, a favour from his former Oldham boss Robinson?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I thought we had snatched this guy early, and if he is training already then he really is an eager beaver to prove he can slot into the hole in our midfield

• Haha 1

He was still contracted to Oldham, so they must have given him their blessing for him to train with us instead of them. I’d therefore question why we would have him train with us if we weren’t keen to sign him. He has been out of action for the best part of a year following a bad leg break.

seen someone metnion PJ Crossan above, Celtic also released reserves captain Regan Hendry who is a central midfielder, looking on twitter Watford and someone even mentioned Arsenal looking at him last season....anyone know much about him? I assume his development has fell of a cliff if he's been released and has an offer from dunfermline.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

seen someone metnion PJ Crossan above, Celtic also released reserves captain Regan Hendry who is a central midfielder, looking on twitter Watford and someone even mentioned Arsenal looking at him last season....anyone know much about him? I assume his development has fell of a cliff if he's been released and has an offer from dunfermline.

That would be me. Don’t know anything more than what you’ve already said tbh but seen him as someone who played a similar position to Turnbull and Semple, so would rather Semple got a chance first. Crossan can play any of the front 4 positions I think which I pretty useful and I assume we’ll bring in a striker and a winger or 2 so seems a good prospect to sign and push for first team football.

• Like 1

Much has been made of Alan Burrows' comment about it needing to top our record transfer fee for a buyer to secure  Davie Turnbull's services.  Thats commonly believed to be about £1.75 for Phil  O'Donnell in 1994.  Taking inflation into account that would now work out at about £3.3m.  

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Much has been made of Alan Burrows' comment about it needing to top our record transfer fee for a buyer to secure  Davie Turnbull's services.  Thats commonly believed to be about £1.75 for Phil  O'Donnell in 1994.  Taking inflation into account that would now work out at about £3.3m.  

I think what Burrows is hinting at is that it would take around £2 million to set the wheels in motion on a move at the moment.

• David locked this topic