2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

seen someone metnion PJ Crossan above, Celtic also released reserves captain Regan Hendry who is a central midfielder, looking on twitter Watford and someone even mentioned Arsenal looking at him last season....anyone know much about him? I assume his development has fell of a cliff if he's been released and has an offer from dunfermline.

Can discount PJ Crossan. Not a bad player, by all accounts. Dumbarton’s sponsors have something lined up employment wise.

5 hours ago, Yassin said:

Nathan Austin- who everyone wanted us to sign when he scored against us for East Fife- signs for Kelty Hearts (also known as Barry Ferguson's Lowland League Globetrotters.)

Signed a few other decent players aswell. Talk of £800p/w... astonishing money being thrown around.

12 hours ago, supermarv said:

Signed a few other decent players aswell. Talk of £800p/w... astonishing money being thrown around.

Aye its crazy. Theres a fair few in the Highland League on a good wedge too! Your talking £400-£700pw. Mental when You think Motherwell have first team guys on similar!

• Like 1

No science to this what's so ever. Just looked at out of contract players and knocked this up. A lot of theses are almost certainly out of our price range, but may have a desire to return to Scotland or whatever. Just my thoughts. Thought it might encourage some debate...

Name Club Nationality Position Age  
Mark O’Hara Peterborough Scottish Central Midfield 23 Transfer Listed
Lewis Macleod Brentford Scottish Central Midfield 24 Freed
Robbie Crawford Ayr Utd Scottish Central Midfield 24 Out of Contract
Josh McEachran Brentford English Central Midfield 26 Freed
Craig Bryson Derby Scottish Central Midfield 32 Out of Contract
James Morrison West Brom Scottish Central Midfield 32 Out of Contract
Daniel Lafferty Sheffield Utd Northern Ireland Left Back 29 Freed
Lee Wallace Rangers Scottish Left Back 31 Freed
Cammy Kerr Dundee Scottish Right Back 23 Out of Contract
Liam Palmer Sheffield Wed Scottish Right Back 27 Out of Contract
Alan Hutton Aston Villa Scottish Right Back 34 Out of Contract
Lawrence Shankland Ayr Utd Scottish Striker 23 Out of Contract
Conor Washington Sheffield Utd Northern Ireland Striker 27 Freed
Craig Conway Blackburn Scottish Winger 34 Out of Contract
Jamie Ward Nottingham Forrest Northern Ireland Winger / Striker 32 Out of Contract

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Aye its crazy. Theres a fair few in the Highland League on a good wedge too! Your talking £400-£700pw. Mental when You think Motherwell have first team guys on similar!

I'd guess too that there are a fair few players in the Juniors on £400 a week plus. 

16 hours ago, supermarv said:

East Kilbride are doing the same in the lowland league millionaire builders backing them, and throwing lots of cash at the likes of Craig Reid and Chris Humphrey last season, so getting into the SPFL must be worth the investment.

Club confirmed the departures of a few out of contract players. Only Cadden and Tanner offered deals. As always a few reserves moving on, only two that had made a first team appearance were Liam Brown and Shea Gordon. 

Only slight surprise was Mbulu leaving but with Gallagher coming in and Maguire returning, he'd be down the pecking order.  

Only three contracted players who I reckon we might try and move on are Hartley, Johnson and Carson. I can't see us retaining two first team goalkeepers for two seasons in a row...

Strikers definitely seem a priority. 

Sounds like we are about to bring in one winger from the Conference and trying to get Ariyibi back in some capacity, but only have Scott as striker. 

3 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Thought 2 players were being announced/confirmed today? Have I missed that ? 

I never put too much faith in announcement dates when agents and lawyers are involved. 

• David locked this topic