2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

19 hours ago, AllyMax said:

See the currant buns have got a years extension on Kent. Wonder what that does to Hastie's place in the pecking order ?

Should this have been in the former players thread ??

Can put it in the who gives a fuck thread.

2 hours ago, Lukemfc1 said:

Aye that's a fair point, personally I just don't see what he has done to take 'a step up' to Aberdeen.

That's why we're posting about football on a forum and paying to get into games, while the likes of Levein and McInnes have played the game and are paid decent coin to manage top Scottish clubs.

When Robinson continued to play Main during the business end of the season from January onwards in the position where he was the lone striker, despite the calls from us fans that he was pish, maybe the same logic applies to Robbo as well.

2 hours ago, David said:

That's why we're posting about football on a forum and paying to get into games, while the likes of Levein and McInnes have played the game and are paid decent coin to manage top Scottish clubs.

When Robinson continued to play Main during the business end of the season from January onwards in the position where he was the lone striker, despite the calls from us fans that he was pish, maybe the same logic applies to Robbo as well.

McInnes is also on record as saying signing May was better than signing Moult :whistling:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dossertillidie2 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but He won’t be signing for us 

If his Wikipedia stats are anything to go by that might not be a bad thing, 136 career appearances since 2012 and not a single goal in any competition , so not a regular starter and not a goal scorer, were we seriously interested in him or was it all just rumour and speculation?

1 hour ago, Wellfan1984 said:

McInnes is also on record as saying signing May was better than signing Moult :whistling:

Which is excactly the reason as well as signing 'free scoring' Curtis Main that im delighted that he aint the new Scotland gaffer.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

If his Wikipedia stats are anything to go by that might not be a bad thing, 136 career appearances since 2012 and not a single goal in any competition , so not a regular starter and not a goal scorer, were we seriously interested in him or was it all just rumour and speculation?

He was 100% in training with the club and deal was basically signed but apparently he’s just a bit guff. Interestingly we played a bounce game (reserves with some trialists) against Hamilton recently not sure when but Casper Sloth and a few others played.

He was 100% in training with the club and deal was basically signed but apparently he’s just a bit guff. Interestingly we played a bounce game (reserves with some trialists) against Hamilton recently not sure when but Casper Sloth and a few others played.
Hope we fucking gubbed them

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

A bit of idle speculation on my part, but here's my take on where our rebuild is at.  Quite a few unknowns at this point.  Carroll to replace ATS; Devine to replace Mbulu; Gallagher to repalce Aldred; Sloth to replace Gorrin;  Polworth (?) to replace Hastie?;  Donnelly to replace McHugh?

That then leaves us 2 wingers short; 3 if Cadden leaves and 2 strikers short.   I know its not  a perfect "fit", as I'm not sure where Polworth fits in - maybe replacing Turnbull if he moves on? Also will retain 2 first choice keepers.  Where does Peter Hartley fit in? 

Irrespective of the details, we are badly short on the wings and up front but everyone knows that.   

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

A bit of idle speculation on my part, but here's my take on where our rebuild is at.  Quite a few unknowns at this point.  Carroll to replace ATS; Devine to replace Mbulu; Gallagher to repalce Aldred; Sloth to replace Gorrin;  Polworth (?) to replace Hastie?;  Donnelly to replace McHugh?

That then leaves us 2 wingers short; 3 if Cadden leaves and 2 strikers short.   I know its not  a perfect "fit", as I'm not sure where Polworth fits in - maybe replacing Turnbull if he moves on? Also will retain 2 first choice keepers.  Where does Peter Hartley fit in? 

Irrespective of the details, we are badly short on the wings and up front but everyone knows that.   

Robinson say that is our next area of priority. One winger is signed from non-league if any is willing to dig up some names and possibilities who it may be.

17 hours ago, David said:

Main was no where near as bad as some folk made out

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Funnily enough, I think we are very weak at centre-back. I reckon we need at least one signing in there.

Hartley - if he was fit, what was the last three months or so of the season about

Maguire - dury very much out on whether he is capable of making an impression on the 1st team

Devine - from my very limited knowledge of the boy, he doesn't look ready for me...even just physically

Gallagher and Dunne are both proven at this level, but I'm not sure how they'd compliment each other as a partnership.

I also think we can't possibly be going into the new season, with Livingstone and Carroll as our only left-backs... given Livingstone doesn't seem favoured and the reviews we've seen on Carroll.

Right now, I think we are well covered at right-back, goalkeeper (even if Gillespie or Carson leave) and in central midfield...but thats it.

45 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Funnily enough, I think we are very weak at centre-back. I reckon we need at least one signing in there.

Hartley - if he was fit, what was the last three months or so of the season about

Maguire - dury very much out on whether he is capable of making an impression on the 1st team

Devine - from my very limited knowledge of the boy, he doesn't look ready for me...even just physically

Gallagher and Dunne are both proven at this level, but I'm not sure how they'd compliment each other as a partnership.

You're right.  I mentioned David Devine because Maurice Ross mentioned that he thought the youngster would push on next season but maybe Barry Maguire is ahead of him in the pecking order, but the jury is still out on him.  The club coaches and managers will know best but yes I agree we seem a bit light in central defence.  Left back?

in fairness, David Devine is only 17 and probably not trained much with the first team never mind played (pure guess work) if he is indeed able to make the jump, you'd imagine a first team pre season would bring him on leaps and bounds in a physical aspect. usual cliche of could do with getting hammered about by some league 2 strikers comes to mind.

1 hour ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

Main was no where near as bad as some folk made out

Totally agree with you there .....allways gave 100%......another good example for players coming to FP from down South playing for a season/couple of seasons raising there profile and moving on to  a bigger club/ better contract

Will be fondly remembered for scoring against his new employees in cup semi and rag dolling the Jambo super kid

best wishes .....hope he doesn't come back to haunt us

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

in fairness, David Devine is only 17 and probably not trained much with the first team never mind played (pure guess work) if he is indeed able to make the jump, you'd imagine a first team pre season would bring him on leaps and bounds in a physical aspect. usual cliche of could do with getting hammered about by some league 2 strikers comes to mind.

At 17 I very much doubt that he would feature much next year as he still needs to bulk out a bit but that said I think he will make it the following season, so a loan spell should be the next step in his development - away from the fir park FFS brigade - where he can learn his trade without added pressure. 

5 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Yep Hes nearly as lucky as Bigirami getting a gig at Hibs , based on nothing and came to nothing. I expect similar from Main at Aberdeen.

You think experienced managers sign players "based on nothing"?

He may or may not succeed at his next club,  but whoever signs him will do it because they believe he fits their model.

5 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Yep Hes nearly as lucky as Bigirami getting a gig at Hibs , based on nothing and came to nothing. I expect similar from Main at Aberdeen.

Nah, the player we saw last year, especially at Hampden definitely had something about him.Time will tell if he can do it at Aberdeen. He didn’t seem to have a goal scorer’s  instinct tho.

Agree re Bigi , became a better player by not playing.

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

You think experienced managers sign players "based on nothing"?

He may or may not succeed at his next club,  but whoever signs him will do it because they believe he fits their model.

Yeah quite often they do. Just because they are experienced managers doesnt mean they dont sign dross. Neil Lennon signed Bigrimani . Mark McGhee signed Bob Malcolm.

• David locked this topic