2019-20 Rebuild

Kmcalpin

36 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Contract offer to Tanner is a token gesture. Unlikely to partake in top flight football...

Committing to pay a player a no doubt decent wad of cash over 6 months or so is not a token gesture, plus it's the decent thing to do. I am pretty sure the club have been advised that Tanner will be able to play at this level, if not why offer the deal.

It might not work out but the player deserves every chance to restart his career, so I think he will get game time.

17 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Committing to pay a player a no doubt decent wad of cash over 6 months or so is not a token gesture, plus it's the decent thing to do. I am pretty sure the club have been advised that Tanner will be able to play at this level, if not why offer the deal.

It might not work out but the player deserves every chance to restart his career, so I think he will get game time.

They offered the deal due to the "Club Policy" of not releasing a player who is unfit due to being injured playing for us. Tho if indeed they have been advised that he wont play at this level again, Id be amazed if it was anything other than a token amount until he is back on his feet

24 minutes ago, Shaka said:

They offered the deal due to the "Club Policy" of not releasing a player who is unfit due to being injured playing for us. Tho if indeed they have been advised that he wont play at this level again, Id be amazed if it was anything other than a token amount until he is back on his feet

I hope that Tanner makes a full recovery, but even if he does, he will not put Campbell out the side.

15 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Contract offer to Tanner is a token gesture. Unlikely to partake in top flight football...

We will just have to wait and see. If it works out well, brilliant! If it doesn't, MFC haven't left him high and dry.

As far as I can see there isn't much else we can do.

10 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Aye and Stevie Kirk often pulled on the gloves and green jersey, doesn't make him a keeper

Cadden is a winger where he impressed most in his early days, got shifted to wing back to suit or style at the time and was rotten seriously hampered his development which is visible now.

1 hour ago, gee said:

Ross McCrorie to be loaned out next season with condition he is played in a holding role. 

Could be an option?

I wouldn't do anything that would help another Scottish team bring through their youngsters.

48 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I wouldn't do anything that would help another Scottish team bring through their youngsters.

Not only that but we have our own youngsters that we likely want to develop in the holding role.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gee said:

Ross McCrorie to be loaned out next season with condition he is played in a holding role. 

Could be an option?

I am not keen on that.

Would be looking to loan anyone in Scotland unless it was definite he would sign for us after. Which is obviously insane.

I don't mind Main. There's a half decent player there in the right formation with the right type of partner.

I hope he is freed in May next year having failed to score a single goal of course...

I'm also having a wry smile at the prospect of the type of football Aberdeen will likely play next season. Everything they do is already overhyped and given a sheen it often fails to merit by the likes of Miller, Gordon et al but I'm looking forward to the interpretation put forward by then when Taylor us hoofing sixty yard punts for Main to battle for. Something tells me it won't be hoofball played for by beasts and giants as I've heard some Aberdeen minded broadcasters described us.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I agree he can do a job. I just don't think that job is goalscorer. 

Still - in the grand scheme of things - he's another example we can point to regarding progressing  a career by coming to play for us.

• Like 2

Main signing for Aberdeen is exactly the reason I didn't want Derek Macinnes as the next Scotland manager. What's happening with our interest in the striker from Northampton Town we're interested in?

I’m with Andy P on this. 

I like Main and think since Jan he’s put in a right good shift without scoring the goals you would expect. As a loan striker in the formation we played he was crucial to our good performances in the work rate, hold up and link play. 

However he can be a proper handful and I’m not overly excited in him coming to Fir Park in the red of the Dons. 

I’m not normally one of these guys but I think this is a stick on for a goal against us.  

• David locked this topic